South Africa - Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
two tigers two tigers

South Africa - Wildlife Rehabilitation Center

I loved the experience

I loved the experience, learnt a lot and had a lot of fun. I would also like to point out that there is a strict dress code, ban on alcohol, no TV or music and this is due to the strict religious beliefs of the director. While I am sure like I did, most volunteers can deal with that, there may be some that would prefer to know that before they arrive.

Wildlife Rehabilitation in South Africa

This experience was absolutely amazing and I fully intend on going back. I had never been out of the US before and decided that this seemed like the perfect opportunity to change that and the GoEco team made the process so easy. They were prompt in responding to questions and sent me frequent reminders so that I would have all of my paperwork in order before leaving. Upon arriving there was a group of volunteers waiting to greet me and the experience improved from there! I got hands on experience with lions, cheetahs, mongooses, caracals, leopards, and the list goes on! It was almost too good to be true! The program provided all necessities and meals which made it really easy to focus all of my attention on the animals and the amazing experience I was having. In addition to the wildlife we were able to go on excursions to sight see in the surrounding area. This trip was inspirational in so many ways. I have even gone on to change my university degree from web design to veterinary medicine to open up more opportunities like this one.

Great Opportunity!

I really enjoyed my time at the Moholoholo rehab facility. You really do get a hands-on experience with the animals, every single day. There is a huge variety of animals at the center, that you get to interact with all the time. There is also time every day to visit animals on the outer part of the center, and do other activities like go to the reptile park. Day trips were also provided, to places like Kruger Park, which was amazing. The accommodations and food were awesome, the rooms were extremely clean and well kept, and the food was way better than I ever anticipated. All of the women and people who work there are also super nice and welcoming. Two nights a week we went to dinner out which gave us a chance to socialize which was nice. Overall I would recommend this program, if you're not scared of some hard work that is!