Fiji - Teaching Children of the Dawasamu Islands
two tigers two tigers

Fiji - Teaching Children of the Dawasamu Islands

I really enjoyed the interaction

I really enjoyed my six week stay in Fiji. Prior to signing up for the program, I did not think I'd get such a strong insight into the Fijian culture. What I enjoyed the most was the diversity of all of the volunteers. It was very cool to interact with people from not only Fiji, but other countries as well. The education program was a very rewarding experience and although I was only teaching for six weeks, I feel like I made somewhat of a difference in the students' educational lives.

Everything was wonderful! I really enjoyed the interaction because the volunteers and the villagers and how it was a close-knit community.

Best summer of my LIFE!

I am so glad I decided to volunteer in Fiji. Not only did I learn about their culture, I met so many amazing people from other parts of the world who call came here for the same reason I did, to help others. While I had no experience teaching upon arriving, I quickly got the hang of it while at school and soon came to enjoy it.

The living accommodations were humble, but livable. All of the volunteers stayed in a bureau (or hut) that held 4-6 people. The scenery is absolutely beautiful in the village we stayed, so I had no complains.

All in all, I really enjoyed my time and hope to volunteer in the near future. Vinaka!