Best Volunteer Programs & Internships from $5 per day
GoEco volunteers GoEco volunteers

Best Volunteer Programs & Internships from $5 per day

Absolutely incredible

It was absolutely incredible to be in the midst of the South African bush. The wildlife plays such a pivotal role in not only the environment, but the local economies as well. Tourism is the main attraction to the Greater Kruger Area. Being able to photograph and help protect these animals has given me a new appreciation for them. I feel as if many animals are misunderstood because of the communication barrier; however, they are so much more inquisitive than the normal person would suspect. Truly a life changing experience.

It was incredible to have met so many like-minded people from all over the globe. In 4 weeks my project formed a family relationship, making it that much harder to leave and go our separate ways. For me it was my first time traveling outside the United States alone and it has inspired me to keep going and see the world and different cultures.

I enjoyed every moment

I enjoyed every moment, In Thailand the culture is different and so amazing. I got to meet new people and see what the organization was doing for the children of Thailand. I am amazed of all the beautiful sites I have seen and the program allowed me to move around some projects to make my traveling easier. I enjoyed the people I met, I was lucky to arrive on a week where there was 15 new people, we were a huge and amazing group that begun our touring week/culture week together, we still keep in touch.

I can't pick a favourite experience because I fell in love with the whole experience, I am so amazed at what I have seen and learnt. I began my adventure in Singburi Guest house, for the newcomers. All the new people stay in one house for the entire week while we all do the culture week. It was amazing, getting to know everyone and getting to see the best attractions, lots of temples, monkeys and a lot of thai culture such as the thai lesson, cooking lessons and the BBQ. My first weekend was free, I met some new friends and we chose to go to Bangkok for the weekend, our Coordinator Phil helped us make it happen. When we came back from Bangkok on a Sunday, I was then transferred to start my week with the elephants. The elephant care week was amazing, and also tiring but amazing, we spent our mornings cutting down banana trees and feeding the elephants. After lunch, we would leave the elephants for hiking or for sightseeing, we saw some gorgeous waterfalls you don't want to miss. It was a packed week which also allowed us free time at night to walk around the town, so different from Bangkok and so peaceful. My last week in Thailand was with the children. They were full of energy and curious to learn about us. Though, it difficult to communicate with them, I had brought some colouring books and crayons to keep them occupied, they loved it! We had a blast all week.

Great experience

I have never volunteered before and never worked with animals. I am a big animal lover (2 cats, 2 big dogs) so this is why I chose this project in Koh Samui. I got to see a paralysed dog up and walking again within the 3 weeks I was there as well as bathing some dogs with mange which helped their skin which was itchy . Getting the trust of a 3 legged mumma dog to let me pick up her 6 week old puppies and moving her to another enclosure to playing with some gorgeous little 4 week old puppies. Trying to get cat selfies was fun as well as brushing and bathing the puppies. I really enjoyed it.

I loved the animal shelter and the interaction with the animals. The project volunteer at Koh Samui was awesome and great fun and we always had such random converstations on the way to the project but I loved it.

I had a great time

I had a great time. We had to do a lot of manual labor, but i loved working outdoors. But it was not all work we had down time and lots of animal interaction time from feeding the cats, to game drives, exercising the lion/tiger/cheetah. I also learned a lot about the animals and well as each individual personalities they have. The staff and project leaders were great. They really love their jobs, and care about the animals as well as you. I would consider many of them my friends after the experience. We had opportunities to go on excursions twice a week, ranging from skydiving, to a cultural village, and world heritage sites. My favorite part of the program was the interaction with the animals (elephant and lion walks), but especially the project leaders and other staff at the lodge were awesome. They knew what they were doing and treated you well, almost like family.

My experience was amazing

The project itself, and the freedom and independence they gave us regarding our work was wonderful
My experience was amazing, I had the opportunity to paint a whole new mural on the entry door of the temple's shrine and was so excited by the project. We finished it in time, and we were so pleased to discover what we can do with our knowledge and strength!

Great experience

My most memorable experiences were working with various people on different sites and learning about the wetlands of Valencia. The staff in Valencia are extremely kind and welcoming, from day one I always felt very secure.
I got to experience their culture in a more up close manner because they were always were inviting and I think this kind of learning when going to a new country is very important.

Nice

I spent 6 weeks bar tenting in a hostel in porto, Portugal and it was amazing. Learning new skills as well as experiencing new parts of the world with new people is an eye opening experience. The interactions with both locals and other travelers was nice.

Excellent

My personal experience at this project was excellent, I got all the personal contact with the different animals I was looking for and also had the opportunity to contribute towards their well being. Meeting different people that have a similar passion for animals was also great. The interactions with the animals and the different activities we had we them were great.

Amazing experience

I had an amazing experience meeting different volunteers from around the world and meeting Balinese people. Everyone had a different story but we all shared the same interest of volunteering on the beautiful island of Bali. The program accommodations were phenomenal.

I loved the cultural immersion aspect of the project. If you really want to, it is easy to familiarize yourself with local customs and the local language. I made great friendships with the local people there and the amount I learned just by conversing with them was incredible.

I enjoyed every moment of my volunteer experience

I enjoyed every moment of my volunteer experience. Truly one of the best and most rewarding things I have ever done. My favourite moment during the whole volunteer experience with the GoEco team was working with the staff and other volunteers.

Amazing

I would recommend Thanda reserve to everyone. It was an amazing experience and I wish I could of stayed longer. I loved everything that I experienced with GoEco. The staff, volunteers and being able to see animals daily were all amazing.

Absolutely incredible

My personal experience was absolutely incredible, to say the least. I found joy in every single aspect of my journey. I am very thankful for the staff at the program for being so helpful with my Spanish. I am also very pleased with my first host-family experience, and I am looking forward to participating in more international volunteer projects that model this one.

I enjoyed being able to work directly with employees and beneficiaries. I was not discriminated against for being a volunteer; however, quite the opposite occurred. I was trusted with some major projects for the organization, and it was my honor to have demonstrated my best efforts throughout my assignments.

Wonderful city

I enjoyed the most meeting people, speaking different languages, knowing more about other cultures and the atmosphere of Spain! It was an incredible experience because I worked in a youth hostel where I met a lot of people coming from all around the world, with different cultures and customs, who wanted to share with others, visit Barcelona, go to the beach etc ... It was a very good atmosphere and the relationships between all of us were so great! It is very easy to have friends when you work as a volunteer in an hostel like this one, it was very enriching for me : I did breakfast, touristic visits, the bar ... It was a way to learn more about life in firms and also meeting people and share a lot of great moments in a wonderful city! You will never get bored...

South Africa is a wonderful place

I will miss the people, made some really good friends in just 2 weeks. South Africa is a wonderful place. Initially, I was disappointed with not being closer to Capetown, but quickly realized Cinsta was just as fun. It is a cheap taxi ride into East London, and a walk away from a beautiful beach. We got experience with 3 game captures (even a night capture), livestock, and domestic animals, as promised. We are currently building a mobile clinic so that will significantly add to your experience. It is refreshing to see that we are able to help build the program while we're there. There was never a point where I felt in danger, even with the lack of street lights. I miss all the stars. Bottom line, if I didn't have to come back and get knee surgery I would have extended my trip hands down. The people were unparalleled as well as the experience.

I had a wonderful time

I wanted a chance to volunteer in a way that was totally different from my work. I got that, and I am thankful for the opportunity. Zanzibar is beautiful, the people I met were kind, and I had a wonderful time.

The dolphin research was really wonderful to be a part of, and I also really enjoyed getting to know the local staff - really good people.

Amazing experience

it was an amazing experience. Not only did I get to meet new people in the volunteer place. I also made lots of friends in Maximo. They are really organized and always make sure that you are safe and feel right at home. Working at the nursing home it was such an amazing experience. I got to play with all of them and it was really rewarding when they saw you and they would just run to you to give you a huge hug and kiss. I loved every single minute I worked there,

My favorite part was meeting people from all around the world and learning the culture first hand with the local family in which I stayed.

It was an amazing time

I loved seeing the sharks and learning a lot about them. It was an amazing time. We got to go out on the boat almost every day and experience the sharks one on one. I thought we would have a tough time finding them but they came up to the boat as soon as we anchored. There were many people on the boat to insure we were safe and an onboard biologist kept us educated about the animals throughout the trip. It didn't stop with sharks. We also had the opportunity to work with penguins and got a beautiful view of thousands of cape fur seals. Back at the lodge we got to hangout with our leaders and volunteers. There we would make dinner for each other and be visited by educators in the industry. There I made life long friendships and got to do many positive things for the world. It was the best experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Being with the children was the best

Being with the children was the best. They were so cute and funny. They had unconditioned love and they really like our presence. We could see that we were making a difference there. The teachers were grateful of our help too and that was nice to be recognize.

I had a week of spanish and after 3 weeks of volunteering in the program. We were (my friend and I), with a class of approximately 20 children of 2-3 years old. We helped the teacher to do activities, to learn the kid the importance of washing hands, helped them do arts and crafts, etc. It was a new challenge for me and it was really hard sometimes. I have a lot of patience but with 20 children it is really difficult to keep calm and to continue helping with a smile. It was exhausting doing 4h30 a day but it was also so stimulating to help. Also understand what the children are saying in spanish was a lot more harder than I think. I understand mostly adults persons but children I have still a lot of difficulty to understand them. I really enjoy my trip and would remake this decision of doing it anytime :)

GoEco helped me step out of my comfort zone

The staff, volunteers, and children in the creche. Everyone I met was wonderful and welcoming and passionate about helping the community. We felt like a family that I have known my entire life. I will never forget the people I met and hope to go back and/or visit the friends I met in different countries.

I bragged about GoEco to the volunteers because many of the other volunteers registered through different travel organizations. I am an indecisive person and when I initially filled out the application on GoEco I was hesitant but figured I would at least fill out the application, but when I saw you had to put a deposit down, I reconsidered my decision to apply and really had to think about if this is what I really wanted. The next day someone called me from GoEco and stated they saw my application and was wondering if I was still interested and wanted to pay my deposit. They answered all of my questions and cleared my hesitation immediately. I paid my deposit during the phone call without spending days, months trying to decide what I should do. Without that phone call I am not sure if I would have gone on the trip. GoEco helped me step out of my comfort zone by initiating the decision to travel. I thank all of the staff for their help during the registration process.

Great experience

I enjoyed the orientation week a lot, because we saw the main attractions of Ho Chi Minh City and we got to learn about the Vietnamese culture. The whole week was very well organised and there was not a second when I was bored. I also enjoyed working with other volunteers during the program. You get to meet a lot of different people with different backgrounds who have the same aim, which is helping others.

Overall this trip was a great experience for me. You can say it was the trip of my life. I got to meet a lot of interesting people who wanted to help other people. The fact that you can volunteer but at the same time travel around Vietnam is a great thing. I learned a lot about the Vietnamese culture and tried a lot of food from its cuisine. I highly recommend this trip to anyone who loves to travel. By volunteering you get to experience how some days look like for some of the locals. This way you get to know the culture of the country even better instead of just travelling.

I really enjoyed myself

I really enjoyed myself. I learned a lot about myself and about interacting with others. I came home with an appreciation for animals and the work it takes to conserve their populations. I also learned more about South African Culture, Politics, and Economy. I would definitely go back. My favorite part of the program was working with the Monkey Sanctuary and the Children.

I enjoyed working with different tropical animals

I enjoyed working with different tropical animals that I had never gotten to be close to before this project.

I was told I was going to go to San Carlos, however I arrived in Turrucares. I was a little upset at first because I was several hours away from where I was supposed to be, but I ended up loving the people that were at this project. I had a great experience working one on one and hands on with the animals. I learned a lot about the animal's diets and needs. I would recommend this project to anyone who loves animals because I see it as a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with such majestic animals.

Go-Eco(Shira) was great to deal with

From the things that I experienced during my stay with GoEco in my volunteer program what I enjoyed most were the animals and people. Go-Eco(Shira) was great to deal with. All the people at the Ranch where we volunteered at was great as well. The entire experience was one to treasure it was flawless.

I loved all the interactions with the animals

I loved my volunteering experience. I got to do what i love (working with animals) at an extraordinary place and with great people. I could not have asked for anything more.

Throughout my whole experience with volunteering with GoEco I loved all the interactions with the animals.

Best experience of my life

Best experience of my life. Antelope park is a must for any animal lover! Hopefully the first pride of lions will be released at the end of this year!

The people were hands down the best part. I felt welcomed as soon as I got there like I was a part of the family. The other volunteers were amazingly kind people from all over the world that I learned so much from. The staff at Antelope Park made the entire place glow with happiness. Everywhere you looked there were smiling faces always ready to ask you how your day was. I got to know a lot of staff on a very personal level and that was just in my short 2 weeks. I feel like they are all of my friends and my trip wouldn't have been near as good without them. I plan on coming back to Antelope Park in the near future just to visit all of the people. They are the reason I fell in love with Zimbabwe.