Best Volunteer Programs & Internships from $5 per day
two tigers two tigers

Best Volunteer Programs & Internships from $5 per day

I had a wonderful and uplifting experience

I had a wonderful and uplifting experience. The girls were welcoming and treated me like family. I loved the welcoming attitude of the nuns and young girls that I worked with. Although the girls' personal circumstances were challenging, they welcomed me with open arms and I really enjoyed spending time with them.

I learned an incredible amount

It was very hands on and I learned an incredible amount. I also loved being immersed in a Spanish speaking country. I also had an incredible experience taking Spanish classes at Cusco--the class was small and our teacher was so engaging! For the following three weeks I volunteered a 40 min bus ride from Cusco. The staff was incredibly welcoming and I learned so much about the Peruvian health system and the burdens of diseases that affect the area.

I most enjoyed working on the street project

I most enjoyed working on the street project in Delhi because I felt that this place was valuable to the children as it helped keep them off the street whilst still socialising with their friends and improving their literacy and numeracy skills.

I enjoyed being able to work in conservation

I enjoyed being able to work in conservation and to learn about what is really required, what type of work needs to be done. The host family was amazing, very accommodating and helpful.

I got to the airport and the program leaders were there waiting for me, they were very friendly and warm and asked me a lot of questions as I also asked them some questions. The house we stayed at was very nice and there were quite a few other volunteers, I was one of two new people so after dinner we were given a brief run-down of what to expect and what options we had for some excursions for the weekends.

Throughout the following two weeks I got to learn more of how the project works and what kinds of challenges not only the volunteers faced but the co-ordinators as well. The experience working in close proximity to animals was awesome, just being in that type of environment is pretty cool. We prepared food, fed them, cleaned out the stables (elephants) cut down alien vegetation, fixed a road, gathered bedding grass for cheetahs and materials for nesting for the vultures.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience although I was only there for two weeks.

It was so great

Seeing the sharks and whales daily was my highlight of the trip! The process to sign up was really smooth, and I had no issues. Upon arriving and the time during the project was really great. It was so great to see the wildlife and to be a part of a conservation movement (a genuine one too). It's really special to be working alongside the crew and the marine biologists!

I had the best summer of my life

I spent 7 weeks in Barcelona working at the hostel. The work consisted of either serving breakfast, serving at the bar, or going with guests to some activity. I had the best summer of my life and really enjoyed the entire experience! The social life and experiencing Barcelona was incredible.

Absolutely amazing

I've worked on the program in Cape Town for 4 weeks in the month of July. It was absolutely amazing, the staff working there were always available to help us and try to make us have the best experience possible and they were really friendly at the same time. The program was complete and above my expectations; we had the chance to play and have classes with the kids as well as build a new playground, help the community moving from a site to another or teach the kids surfing and other sports and we could choose what to do according to our preferences. We could also choose among 3 different sites to work in, including a school for disabled children.

The satisfaction of making a change in someone's lives, the kids' enthusiasm and all the amazing people I had a chance to meet over there,both the other volunteers and the staff who work there which were always available to help us whenever we had a problem or a doubt

I had a really great experience with goeco

Overall, I had a really great experience with goeco and the wildlife sanctuary. The project turned out to be everything I wanted and more. People couldn't believe the pictures I have from the trip and all the animal encounters. Many people seriously doubted how close I would be with the animals so I showed the them pictures. It is hard to put in words how life changing this opportunity was. I will be back to South Africa some day all thanks to GoEco.

During this project I enjoyed most spending time with the animals so close. It was such an incredible experience to work with the lions, elephants and cheetahs. Another thing i really enjoyed was the bond I shared with the other volunteers. By the end of my two week, I made some lifelong friends and memories I will never forget!

I had such an incredible experience

I had such an incredible experience volunteering at the Orthopedic and Rehabilitation hospital in Ho Chi Minh City. I had an invaluable learning experience giving injections and bandaging open wounds, but I knew that the hospital had a continuous influx of volunteers from all over the globe. It was apparent that many of the families had become acclimated to the idea that a stranger with any degree of experience would be treating their loved ones. In a culture with an unbelievable commitment to family, loved ones assumed their roles as bedside nurses around the clock; tending to their family members to the point of sleeping on mats beneath their bed. Thus, an overwhelming sense of distrust and helplessness shrouded their faces as they stared at huddles of volunteers to whom they were given no introduction and to whom they were unable to communicate with in order to voice their concerns. Although my Vietnamese language skills were limited, I felt it was my duty to use what I knew to introduce myself and the other volunteers in hopes of easing their clenching eyebrows. The small exchange of words was enough to put a smile on their faces. I took comfort in expressing our keenness to help and relieving the impression that they were specimens at our disposal.

My bilingual trade soon gave me a larger significance within the hospital. After my first rotation in the operating room, the senior orthopedic surgeon requested that I join the surgical team for their morning English classes. I was honored to lend a helping hand for something that they were truly eager to learn. Something that would help them enhance their credentials, so that they would be more qualified for a better job at the international hospital and better able to communicate with the volunteers. For three days a week, I arrived two hours early to accompany the surgical team: teaching them, learning from them, and laughing with them. Those moments reached far beyond the gratification of giving my first intramuscular injection. I esteemed the nonchalant air in which they diligently operated during surgery, but during these early hours I felt a sense of humility and a mutual sense of gratitude. When they welcomed me into the family by the end of my placement, I felt as though I successfully made a small mark on the country in which my roots are embedded.

I loved getting to know the staff at the hospital and having the ability to go early and teach them english because I really felt as though I was helping them in something that they were eager to learn.

I enjoyed the work itself

I enjoyed the work itself. Painting a classroom sometimes felt meditative and peaceful. I also enjoyed seeing the kids in the school running around during recess. The other volunteers for other activities of the project were also great people who were extremely inclusive.

I had an amazing experience

I had an amazing experience. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I would most definitely recommend to others in the future. I liked working at the clinic and getting to know the patients personally. It was interesting and amazing.

I enjoyed the freedom

I lived in a house with about 20 people. We went sight seeing and partying and then volunteered in the week days. I enjoyed the freedom we had on the weekends, The Introduction week especially the spice plantation. I enjoyed most of all the connection I made with the volunteers and the children I was teaching in the slums.

The union with nature outside big cities

The union with nature outside big cities was a nice sight. For me this trip was fascinating as i had an opportunity to escape from normal life and spend time with animals and nature, to get to know absolutely new for me Chinese culture.

Incredible

Beeing able to observe animals I would'nt have been able to elsewhere was incredible. I loved to be around the animals. And I had a lot of fun with the other volunteers.
Out of the internet and the preinformations I expected to have more possibilities to interact with the animals then just feed and clean. For example asisting to care for injured and ill ones.

Good experience

I enjoyed playing with the honey badgers and the conservation talk.You wake up at 6:N/A0, do your rounds at 7am. Then breakfast and we all meet for "big jobs" which include cleaning up the animals' enclosures. Then lunch and an afternoon break until 4pm when you do rounds again. Then dinner about 7. Unless you have aviary...

Great experience

Great experience. Only wish there was a prorate option since the team asked me to leave a day early in order to catch a flight. One night I paid for but did not stay on site! Renaldo and Mila were sweethearts and went out of their way to make our trip memorable and fun. A million thanks to them. Would recommend this program to anyone seeking an authentic and dynamic experience in Cuba. Wish i got their contact info!

Absolutely incredible

It was absolutely incredible to be in the midst of the South African bush. The wildlife plays such a pivotal role in not only the environment, but the local economies as well. Tourism is the main attraction to the Greater Kruger Area. Being able to photograph and help protect these animals has given me a new appreciation for them. I feel as if many animals are misunderstood because of the communication barrier; however, they are so much more inquisitive than the normal person would suspect. Truly a life changing experience.

It was incredible to have met so many like-minded people from all over the globe. In 4 weeks my project formed a family relationship, making it that much harder to leave and go our separate ways. For me it was my first time traveling outside the United States alone and it has inspired me to keep going and see the world and different cultures.

I enjoyed every moment

I enjoyed every moment, In Thailand the culture is different and so amazing. I got to meet new people and see what the organization was doing for the children of Thailand. I am amazed of all the beautiful sites I have seen and the program allowed me to move around some projects to make my traveling easier. I enjoyed the people I met, I was lucky to arrive on a week where there was 15 new people, we were a huge and amazing group that begun our touring week/culture week together, we still keep in touch.

I can't pick a favourite experience because I fell in love with the whole experience, I am so amazed at what I have seen and learnt. I began my adventure in Singburi Guest house, for the newcomers. All the new people stay in one house for the entire week while we all do the culture week. It was amazing, getting to know everyone and getting to see the best attractions, lots of temples, monkeys and a lot of thai culture such as the thai lesson, cooking lessons and the BBQ. My first weekend was free, I met some new friends and we chose to go to Bangkok for the weekend, our Coordinator Phil helped us make it happen. When we came back from Bangkok on a Sunday, I was then transferred to start my week with the elephants. The elephant care week was amazing, and also tiring but amazing, we spent our mornings cutting down banana trees and feeding the elephants. After lunch, we would leave the elephants for hiking or for sightseeing, we saw some gorgeous waterfalls you don't want to miss. It was a packed week which also allowed us free time at night to walk around the town, so different from Bangkok and so peaceful. My last week in Thailand was with the children. They were full of energy and curious to learn about us. Though, it difficult to communicate with them, I had brought some colouring books and crayons to keep them occupied, they loved it! We had a blast all week.

Great experience

I have never volunteered before and never worked with animals. I am a big animal lover (2 cats, 2 big dogs) so this is why I chose this project in Koh Samui. I got to see a paralysed dog up and walking again within the 3 weeks I was there as well as bathing some dogs with mange which helped their skin which was itchy . Getting the trust of a 3 legged mumma dog to let me pick up her 6 week old puppies and moving her to another enclosure to playing with some gorgeous little 4 week old puppies. Trying to get cat selfies was fun as well as brushing and bathing the puppies. I really enjoyed it.

I loved the animal shelter and the interaction with the animals. The project volunteer at Koh Samui was awesome and great fun and we always had such random converstations on the way to the project but I loved it.

I had a great time

I had a great time. We had to do a lot of manual labor, but i loved working outdoors. But it was not all work we had down time and lots of animal interaction time from feeding the cats, to game drives, exercising the lion/tiger/cheetah. I also learned a lot about the animals and well as each individual personalities they have. The staff and project leaders were great. They really love their jobs, and care about the animals as well as you. I would consider many of them my friends after the experience. We had opportunities to go on excursions twice a week, ranging from skydiving, to a cultural village, and world heritage sites. My favorite part of the program was the interaction with the animals (elephant and lion walks), but especially the project leaders and other staff at the lodge were awesome. They knew what they were doing and treated you well, almost like family.

My experience was amazing

The project itself, and the freedom and independence they gave us regarding our work was wonderful
My experience was amazing, I had the opportunity to paint a whole new mural on the entry door of the temple's shrine and was so excited by the project. We finished it in time, and we were so pleased to discover what we can do with our knowledge and strength!

Great experience

My most memorable experiences were working with various people on different sites and learning about the wetlands of Valencia. The staff in Valencia are extremely kind and welcoming, from day one I always felt very secure.
I got to experience their culture in a more up close manner because they were always were inviting and I think this kind of learning when going to a new country is very important.

Nice

I spent 6 weeks bar tenting in a hostel in porto, Portugal and it was amazing. Learning new skills as well as experiencing new parts of the world with new people is an eye opening experience. The interactions with both locals and other travelers was nice.

Excellent

My personal experience at this project was excellent, I got all the personal contact with the different animals I was looking for and also had the opportunity to contribute towards their well being. Meeting different people that have a similar passion for animals was also great. The interactions with the animals and the different activities we had we them were great.

Amazing experience

I had an amazing experience meeting different volunteers from around the world and meeting Balinese people. Everyone had a different story but we all shared the same interest of volunteering on the beautiful island of Bali. The program accommodations were phenomenal.

I loved the cultural immersion aspect of the project. If you really want to, it is easy to familiarize yourself with local customs and the local language. I made great friendships with the local people there and the amount I learned just by conversing with them was incredible.