Scuba - Social Media Internship - Go Pro Costa Rica
Go Pro Costa Rica Header Image Go Pro Costa Rica Header Image

Scuba - Social Media Internship - Go Pro Costa Rica

Social media intern/divemaster internship

This internship was one of the greatest experiences of my life. It started with meeting Georgia King-- an unbelievable diver and leader. She was so approachable and available. I arrived at the shop as a zero (no experience) and left a hero (Divemaster). I felt confident about my skills. The instructors here expect quality skills. The internship was awesome because I was allowed so much creative license on every social media platform from Wordpress, to Facebook, to Instagram. A very well respected facility and awesome place to meet very skilled and highly talented people in the diving world. Captain Bob and JT are also awesome!!! It was like family here.

Becoming a real diver

I was a DM when I started my internship with go pro Costa Rica (Georgia). I did all my previous training in Thailand, it was a blast, but i wasn't taught some important aspects. Georgia helped me to become a safe, effective, fun dive instructor and also a real diver. I am so thankful for her and the others at ocean unlimited for teaching me what it means to be a diver and giving me the knowledge I have now. Also quepos/Manuel Antonio has amazing locals and tourists! It's a jungle, and ocean.. it's the perfect place to go.

Photos, Blogs, and Videos

I participated in this internship along with the Eco Warrior internship in 2014. During the social media internship I was in charge of posting blogs a few times a week and well and contributing visual content to Facebook. Being a photographer, it was easy to get the visual content for Facebook and added my own works to the blogs. This internship helped me to take photos for a specific purpose and write on a deadline.

I miss it everyday!

Living abroad in Costa Rica during the summer of 2016 was the best decision I have ever made! I fulfilled my dream of becoming a Scuba dive master in a beautiful place and made relationships that will last forever. The all of the staff at Oceans Unlimited are professional, organized, and extremely knowledgeable about what they do. I couldn't have asked for a better situation, everyday was an adventure! The home stay was perfect, I had my own room, great meals and everything was very accommodating. I miss everyone there and am constantly daydreaming about going back! If you are interested in this program and have questions about it or my experience I would love to share. Feel free to email me!
Pura Vida!