Global Experiences - Intern Abroad in Florence
Intern Abroad Global experiences Intern Abroad Global experiences

Global Experiences - Intern Abroad in Florence

Interning Abroad in Florence, Italy

Choosing to intern abroad with Global Experiences has truly been a life changing experience. As my time abroad is coming to a close, I feel that I have gained incomparable professional experience, independence, and a lifetime of cherishable memories. Choosing to do this once in a lifetime opportunity was one of the best decisions I have ever made, and Global Experiences offers the support and preparation needed while still highlighting your own independence throughout your time abroad. To anyone debating interning abroad, do it!

Interning in Florence

My time in Florence is coming to a close and I could not be more happy about what I have accomplished here. I felt like I was already pretty independent to begin with but now I have really pushed myself out of my comfort zone in ways that have made me grow as a person. I would tell anyone who is thinking about interning abroad is to just do it. There is no comparison to this kind of experience. GE has prepared their interns so well but also gives them space to make the internship what they want. I'm so grateful GE gave me this experience.

Intern in Florence

Interning in Florence has been amazing! Florence is a city unlike any other and being able to experience Florence during the summer has been incredible. Florence has so much to see and offer. The ability to live and work in Florence has allowed me to learn more about the culture and enjoy the city more. This has been one of the best experiences I've had.

Real World Experience in Old World Florence

I only have a few days left with my internship here in Florence, Italy, and I could not be more proud and surprised at what I have been able to accomplish in just 8 weeks. I have been working as an Interior Design intern for a local architecture firm, and from day one, they had me working on practical tasks, similar to what I would do on a daily basis in school. I have used everything from AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketchup, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop...if it's a skill I've learned, my job has required me to use it. Even better still, I have learned new ways of working that are completely different to how design is taught in the United States. This internship has really pushed me past my comfort zone in the best way possible, and I am going into my Fall Semester more excited about my future than I ever thought possible. Between the office skills, people skills, and friends I've made here, I landed in Florence a nervous/excited student and I am leaving Florence as a more independent, resilient, and confident future designer! I now know, without a doubt, that architecture and interior design are what I want to do with my life, and I know more about how I work best to make sure that the future I want is the one I will have! Thank you, so much, to everyone at Global Experiences! And if you are thinking about interning abroad, do it! Just try! It has been one of my best decisions I've made ever!

Went with the Flo

I absolutely loved my Global Experience! Not only did I feel at home in Florence, I wish I didn't have to leave. I think the best experiences in life are the one's in which you just go for something and go with the flow. The city is so dense with culture and I have met people from all over the world and I genuinely feel like this experienced has opened my mind and enriched my professional and personal growth. Interning in another country is will not only show you that you can achieve challenges, but also the experience is rewarding and prepares you for the adversity in the professional world that will forever change your life.

Wedding planning internship in Florence

I came to Florence with very little expectations, I have always loved Italy so I was never unsure that I made the wrong decision but I didn't know how much I would fall in love with this city. Best experience I could have asked for!

Amazing experience

Choosing to study abroad with global experiences is hands down one of the best decisions I've ever made. Florence has forever plastered itself to my heart, the art, the life style and of course the food. Everyday in this great city was an opportunity for a life changing adventure. Throughout my internship I made great friends and great connections for my career and had an immense amount of fun doing it. It was a once in a life time opportunity and I am so glad I took advantage of it.

Florence

My experience in Florence was the best! I met so many people that I now they are very important in my life!!. There were social events provided by GE that helped us get to know each and the chance to know Florence and Italy in different way! I have the opportunity to travel a lot in Italy and I´m in love for this country!!!

Going beyond your average study abroad experience

When I first arrived in Florence I felt like I was in a Medieval Disney World. As I walked along the cobblestones in the city center I was greeted by breathtaking architecture, world-famous statues, and a violin's serenade. This city is truly special as it has all the attractions of a large city while being completely walkable and safe.

Like the city of Florence itself, Global Experiences is also unique. Most of the Americans in Florence are studying aboard with other people from their University and, as a result, the vast majority only hang out with other Americans. However, because Global Experiences partners with a language school that has people from all over the world and places you in real Italian work environments you will inevitably meet and talk with people who are not American. I believe that this is extremely important because the whole point of going abroad is to go outside of your comfort zone.

The internship that Global Experiences placed me with was perfect. I wanted an internship within the field of Journalism. I was paired up with Florence News, a publication for American students and tourists in Florence. While I thought I would just help edit, I actually got to write articles! I learned about what makes a good lead, how to write hard news stories, and the ins and outs of AP Style. While I was not enrolled in a University class while here, I believe that the experience I gained from my internship has taught me more than any journalism class would.

All in all, because of this program I have become friends with people from completely different cultures, tasted wine properly, eaten my weight in gelato, overcome language barriers, and developed into a more self-sufficient and globally aware person.

If you are considering this program, I would suggest that you stop thinking and apply for the program today.

The opportunity of a lifetime

Throughout my time here in Florence, Italy, as a Global Experiences intern I have not only changed immensely as a person but seen my fellow friends and interns change as well. The experience that I have gained from this internship truly is once in a life time. I have grown and experienced so much as a young adult entering my career path through this extraordinary program. This internship has truly given me the confidence to continue with my passion into forthcoming jobs. I am excited for what the future may hold for me, Global Experiences has opened many doors along my career path.

Great opportunity to grow personally & professionally

My internship in Florence was incredible because it taught me a lot about myself in terms of flexibility, self-confidence, communication and it was a great chance to travel! I was able to learn a lot in my field, but also about myself, I've changed for the better from this experience. Also, because Florence is so close to many great cities, I was able to explore all the popular and really cool little-known towns and cities within Italy, and the rest of Europe as well.

Best time of my life

This was the best experience I’ve ever had. I have learned so much in not only my field of work, but the culture of other nations. 10/10 all across the board. I made life long friends and memories. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Florence study abroad

When í was first preparing for this opportunity í was a little nervous because í had never traveled out of the country by Myself. Upon arrival í was greeted by my landlord who was very nice and accommodating. My apartment here was so beautiful and spacious. The location was better than í could ever dream, ít was so perfect. Ï met my roommates shortly after ï arrived and they have easily become some of my very best friends. My Global experiences advisor, Rachel, made my experience so wonderful, she is super nice and helpful and really made me feel comfortable. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was even better. Í have made so many friends abroad and í certainly plan on coming back many more times. My internship here with a film company was all í could ever dream of and more, because of global experiences í am certain what í want to do with my future and í feel as though ít has shaped me into a better person. Í am beyond grateful for this experience.

Falling in love with Florence!

Global Experiences has allowed me to have the best 3 months of my life! Living, learning, and working abroad has been an incredible opportunity for growth and adventure! I've learned so much about myself and the world through my new social and professional experiences abroad. If you're looking for a chance to expand your worldview and gain real life skills outside of the classroom, this program is for you! The weather was beautiful, the people are friendly, and the food is amazing!

The best summer job is one in Italy

My summer in Florence was my second experience with GE, and I cannot recommend them enough. From my first contact with the team in the US, to the on-location support from Rachel in Florence, they are so friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic about helping people live and intern abroad. I studied in Florence my junior year, and came back for my internship after graduating from university. Interning here has been such a great experience, and I feel like it gave me an even more authentic Italian experience than when I studied here.

The social events here (including wine tastings and cooking classes) were a great way to meet other likeminded people, and it was so much fun getting to explore Italy together in our free time. I cannot think of anywhere back in the US where I would've had these kinds of opportunities (professional or personal), which is why if you're thinking of interning in Florence--DO IT.

Florence

My time in Florence was amazing! I met so many people that I immediately connected with because we were all in it together. There were social events provided by GE that helped us get to know each other and a chance to travel. This was exactly what I was looking for!

A summer to discover

this summer have been amazing in so many ways, from the beginning to the end... I had the opportunity of getting to know new people with the same interest as me, as well as living the great experience of working in a company with international recognition, in which I had the possibility To watch my career from a new perspective, that will allow me be a better designer now that I start my professional career coming home.
This program allowed me to fall in love all over again with a city and a culture that fascinated me since the first time I studied them in college, also I take with me new friendships and work relationships, since the company offered me a long distance job to keep working with them from my country.

Im so glad I did this program and I highly recommend it.

Go global with Global Experiences

Through my internship with Global Experiences I found lifelong friendships and countless networking opportunities. Not only did I receive valuable career coaching that will better me for the fashion industry, but the coordinators truly care about each intern and are willing to do whatever necessary to provide the best experience.
I traveled to Milan and Paris to work in showrooms for my internship company. I would not have been afforded these opportunities had I interned in the states.
If you are looking for a killer internship to put on your resume, look no further than letting Global Experiences place you in the prettiest city in the world.
I was able to visit Florence, Zurich, Rome, Milan, Venice, Ravello, Maiori, Positano, Sorrento, Naples, Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius, Montreal and Paris in my two shorts months with this incredible program.

An Experience of a Lifetime

This past summer was one I could never forget! My internship taught me so much about my major and even gave me the opportunity to come back and work for them. It was so amazing being able to work in another country because I learned so much beyond the office! The Global Experiences staff was incredibly helpful and supportive along the way. :) I would recommend this experience to anybody looking for growth in their major and personally. I'm incredibly grateful that I was given this opportunity!

Great Experience!

My 3 months in Florence was a dream true! I would recommend anyone fresh out of college to intern abroad (especially Florence). I've lived at home my whole life and living in Europe has definitely enhanced my level of independence and has made me more worldly overall. The first month was great because I brushed up on some of my italian and had a lot of free time to explore the beautiful city of Florence. The last eight weeks were equally as great because I was working at a contemporary art gallery and learned so much. My employers were very kind and made me feel that I was at home. My favourite part about this program was that every week we had scheduled events with GE interns and our internship advisor Rachel. She set up the best weekend excursions in cities all over Tuscany and organized amazing activities in Florence. She made me feel very comfortable as she was always there whenever I needed her. Overall, the food, culture, beautiful scenery and amazing relationships I created along the way made this experience all the more wonderful!

Marketing Intern- Florence

I absolutely loved my time in Florence. I couldn't ask for a better experience. I learned so much from interning abroad. I was given freedom to use what I already knew all the while being encouraged to ask for help. Not only was my internship a great learning experience, but I had the best social experience as well. I loved how Global experiences set you up and help you immerse yourself with new people from all over the world. I would encourage GE to adapt more in depth roommate surveys and try and place you only with GE interns as that was one of the only downfalls. I had a great experience and was so thankful for it. My program advisor in Florence helped make my experience so great and everything run smoothly. I felt safe knowing she would be there in any time of need.

Fun in Florence

I had a great time in Florence with Global Experience. My internship was perfect preparation for my future and I had many amazing opportunities and made lots of memories. My housing was an adorable flat in the middle of Florence and helped me feel submersed in Florence. I was sad to have to leave but will keep the memories forever.

Summer internship in Florence, Italy

Overall this was a great experience. Rachel and Anna, who both live in Florence, really did a great job getting us set up and comfortable. The social and cultural events were so fun and really helped me immerse myself in the culture. I was also able to make some great friends through the program. My main complaint would be in regards to the internship placement- there seemed to be a lack of communication between the acceptance people (based in the US) and the people actually helping us find jobs, so some of my friends and I struggled finding what we were looking for.

I will return a different person due to studying abroad in Florence

Before I came to Florence I was an individual who did not step out of their comfort zone. I would eat the same foods, hang out with the same people, participate in the same activities, and never truly challenge myself or my mind. When I stepped off the plane in Florence, that all changed. Studying abroad in a foreign country and immersing myself in a foreign culture allowed me to grow and mature extraordinarily as a human being. I now will try all different kinds of foods, hang out with people from all around the world, participate in activities I never even heard of before coming abroad, and constantly challenge myself with the practices of different cultures all around Europe. I have become a culturally rounded, spontaneous, more intelligent individual due to my time abroad with Global Experiences. I recommend this program to anyone willing to take a step out of their comfort zone and indulge themselves in a different culture; I promise you will not be disappointed in how you grow and learn about the person that you TRULY are.

Best experience of my life

The best perks of this experience was the cultural immersion. Definitely very enriching. I enjoyed the language school a lot, and wished that I had more time to continue studying there to improve my Italian. Never had any trouble in the living situation other than a few small, minor conflicts that could easily be solved. The Global Experience team also picked an excellent program coordinator. Rachel was extremely helpful, very easy to get along with, knows the city like the back of her hand, and did not feel like a cheesy tour guide who was babysitting us. I had a little rough start with my actual internship, but Rachel and Anna were more than able to help me resolve this, and it turned out fine in the end. The only thing I would consider improving would be the weekend excursions. I loved going out to travel, but I didn't care much for the fact that we were dragged along on bus trips with other people. I would've been just as happy to go to our destinations by train with the other interns. With downfalls aside, I would definitely relive this experience again if given the opportunity.