Global Experiences - Intern Abroad in Dublin
Intern Abroad Global experiences Intern Abroad Global experiences

Global Experiences - Intern Abroad in Dublin

Social Services Intern in Dublin

I interned at a human rights organization in Dublin during my spring semester. Even before going abroad Global Experiences made me feel well-prepared. They helped with resumes, found a placement that fit the best for individual interests, and were always available for any questions. They provided articles about what to expect and some other helpful tips. The cost was a little expensive, but it was worth it because the program provided me with an experience that I will never forget. In the beginning of my internship I was not getting as many tasks as I was expecting, but during my second week I was assigned to youth work which I never thought I would want to do. I ended up loving it and now have a better idea of what I want to do in my future. Accommodation was not bad and the issues that did arise were out of the hands of GE. When a major incident occurred, GE was there through it all and post-incident as well. I feel that one or two more cultural events could be added so interns could be more immersed in the culture. Overall, I cannot thank GE enough for the amazing experience they gave me. The group of friends I met have forever changed my life. My internship site is one that I will never forget. One of my goals before starting this semester was to step out of my comfort zone, and I can confidently say that I am more outspoken and sure of myself than I have ever been. GE definitely did not disappoint me, and I would highly recommended interning abroad.

Semester in Ireland

Interning abroad for three months was one of the best experiences of my life to date. My internship placement was 100% perfect and I learned so much, further clarifying my career path. The advisors were extremely helpful and attentive to my needs. I had an amazing time working as well as being able to visit other countries while abroad.

Dublin spring 2018: memorable

For my first time living alone in another country, I had an amazing time in Dublin! My internship has given me experience and insight into an area of my career field of interest, and the people at the workplace, my supervisor and coworkers, were accommodating and helpful throughout my time there. Outside of the internship, I had a great time exploring the city and other parts of Ireland through the day trips such as the Cliffs of Moher and Giants Causeway.

Animation & software internship in Ireland

Global Experiences' Dublin program truly helped make my dreams come true. I've wanted to work in a math/technology role at a feature animation studio since high school. Not only are these positions incredibly competitive and hard to come by, but my liberal arts college education gave me few contacts within the animation industry.

I chose to take part in Global Experiences for two reasons: first, they seemed to excel at tailoring internship placement to match the program participant, and second, they could help make sure that my resume wasn't lost in a sea of other amazing candidates. The attentiveness of my program advisor and my internship placement coordinator throughout my placement process was amazing. Despite the specificity and rarity of the internship I was hoping to have, GE was patient and persistent during my placement process. I really felt that they were listening to me and trying to do their best for me.

In the end, I couldn't have been happier with my internship. GE ultimately didn't place me in Dublin -- instead, I was in a beautiful Irish town called Kilkenny -- but their willingness to explore alternative locations in Ireland paid off big time. I was able to do exactly the work I was hoping to do in a successful and renowned studio that I've admired for years.

As a bonus, I got hired permanently after my internship! Because of Global Experiences' exceptional program, I was able to break into an intensely competitive industry and have the kind of job that I thought I'd be lucky to have five years from now. If you have very specific professional ambitions, GE is a great way to start building the career you want most.

One of the best experience in my life

As a recent graduate from India, I was not clear about my career path and was more stressed about so many 'what ifs' in my life. I wanted to get some hands on experience on different fields before I start a proper career. Global Experiences helped me getting a business internship even though I am an engineering graduate. I came to know how it is to work in a business field. I got some clarity in my life while I was also enjoying my life in Dublin. Choosing Dublin is one of the best thing I had done in my life. Everything was amazing about my internship. The GE social events, Program advisors and the other interns. I not only got experience in business field but also learnt about so many other things from my co-interns. This internship made me step out of my comfort zone and explore about different options I have in my life. I'm so happy that I did this. I got a lifetime experience and friends forever.

Dublin dance abroad

Global Experiences offered me an experience greater than I could've possibly imagined by helping me get an internship with a professional dance company in Dublin! Not only did this experience help me focus my career goals and help me figure out exactly how to get where I want to in my field, but it also allowed me to discover a beautiful new country and culture! I have wanted to go to Ireland for longer than I can remember, and through this program I was able to not only visit, but actually live and work there. GE made sure I was getting the most pout of the country by planning a few trips around Ireland and teaching me the most affordable ways to live there. I have come out of this experience as a completely new person, and I wouldn't change that for anything! I will be forever grateful for this amazing experience!

Video production intern in Dublin

Completing a twelve week internship with a film production company in Dublin, Ireland has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life both personally and professionally. I would absolutely recommend the experience of going abroad. You will gain independence along with a better understanding of the global market for your industry. I was able to produce, shoot and edit projects for corporate clients as well as work in pre production and on set for upcoming feature length films.

Great internship experience

I had a very good experience at my internship. I was given tons of responsibilities, had a variety of tasks to complete, and I have been given the opportunity to extend it and make it a career now. I am looking forward to returning in January 2018 to start my career with the same company and I would like to thank GE for awarding me with this experience.

Law Internship in Dublin

Global Experiences (GE) really provided a fantastic experience, specifically for me, in the legal field. I actually found them because I didn't love my internship in summer 2016 working at my State's Attorney. I wasn't getting any real experience and mostly did paperwork and made copies. This past summer, 2017, I interned in Dublin with a highly respected criminal law firm. I got to attend court every day, sometimes stood in court and even saw a national tribunal. The reason for this I soon learned is that in Ireland they don't attend post-graduate law school, so as an incoming junior in the U.S. I got to do much more. From start to finish GE provided with the help I needed, but really the connection to a great law firm is what made my experience so exceptional and probably unique to GE, as my colleagues had a GE intern the previous summer. The social events as well were held at extremely nice locations and the excursions really helped a lot of us bond. I was nervous about making friends, but the friends I made I was so sad to leave and genuinely would like to see again. There were even kids from my own university that I didn't know before who I'm now good friends with.

Global Experience summer internship

This past summer I interned abroad in Dublin Ireland. I had an amazing experience and I would recommend going though global experiences. They were not only helpful but they truly care about each an every intern making sure that they are having the best experience possible. They check up on you twice throughout the summer that I interned. They even took us on weekend adventures throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland. You also get an advisor who you can always go to. The housing was great with maid service every single day! They teach you your strengths and help guid you to your perfect internship. I love this program and couldn't have asked for a better internship.

Dublin internship

I really enjoyed my Dublin internship. the program coordinators are friendly and helpful. accommodation was very central to work placement. i met many interesting people and gained many more valuable skills. i would recommend this program to anyone interested.

Ireland: The Hidden Gem of Europe

If it wasn’t for Global Experiences, I would never have had the two of the most life-changing and fulfilling months of my life. This summer was my first time going abroad and I couldn’t have asked for a more charming city to live in or a better equipped team to help me prepare and transition into another culture. Due to the Global Experiences team, I felt fully disclosed and prepared before my arrival to Dublin and while there, felt nothing but support and encouragement.

Global Experiences really made it easy to adjust to life abroad. The staff in Dublin showed us around the city, offered countless dining recommendations, and even took us to get Irish SIM cards the first day. Their efficiency in dealing with the logistics of living abroad helped to alleviate many of my nerves and fears of being across the ocean for the first time. Additionally, the scheduled events throughout the program were always enjoyable and helped all of us in the program get to know each other and the city of Dublin even better. It was evident that Global Experiences wanted every intern to have the best experience possible, and that they did everything in their power to ensure that this happened.

I was first interested in this program after learning about the guaranteed internship, and I was not disappointed as I was placed at an incredible office. My goal for this summer was to learn as much as I possibly could and I can confidently say that I have learned more than I ever thought possible. My boss was so generous and kind and immediately put me to work in the office. I gained invaluable experience as I was entrusted with producing payslips, preparing and filing tax returns with the Office of Revenue Commissioners, and with producing, analyzing, and auditing full company accounts for both Umbrella and Limited Companies. Due to this internship, I am returning to America with a greater understanding of Irish tax and accounting, and with a better understanding of who I am as a businesswoman and person.

Ultimately, eight weeks flew by too quickly; yet, I know that the memories and friends that I have made will last a lifetime. Words cannot even express how grateful I am for Global Experiences for making my first abroad experience so memorable as I could not have asked for a better summer.

Discovering Dublin

Interning in Dublin allowed me to gain not only valuable work experience, but enjoy of a colorful and caring culture of Ireland itself. Working as a marketing intern at the Irish Whiskey Museum was unforgettable. From the energetic and friendly tour guides to the supportive and inspiring staff. Dublin welcomed me as one of its own as I explored, stayed, and lived. Apart from the fantastic internship placement, working on the famous Grafton Street allowed me to discover Dublin in a whole new light. Music, shopping, and fabulous shopping surround countless blocks in this walk-able city. I could easily find myself relaxing in one of the many parks and then visiting a lively pub on the same street. On the weekends it was easy to travel to farther parts of Ireland and enjoy the breathtaking scenery over the many hills and castle tops. Discover Dublin and Ireland at your own risk. A place this great is hardest to leave.

Interning Abroad, A Life-Altering Experience

I am a strong proponent of the phrase "you never know until you go." Interning abroad allows this phrase to ring true to the highest extent, and Global Experiences is a tremendous help in making it all possible. Global Experiences gave me the opportunity to immerse myself in a brand new culture, live as an independent adult and commute in a city, and make friends and memories that will last a lifetime. Through my administrative theatre internship in Dublin, Ireland, I learned more than I could have ever hoped and made connections that I will keep throughout my professional career. I was also able to attend photoshoots, press events, rehearsals for a brand new dance theatre piece, fundraising parties, and so on... I had the time of my life! Words cannot express how grateful I am for this opportunity.

You should absolutely take the opportunity to intern abroad with the help of Global Experiences. The advisors at GE are kind and passionate about sharing the culture of a foreign city. You will be in wonderful hands!! You truly never know until you go, and I would absolutely recommend taking the plunge and going abroad. Your experience will absolutely change your life.

How Living on the Emerald Isle Changed my Life

This has been one of the most life-changing summers of my life. Because of this program, I've been able to live in a fresh, new city all summer, make some of the most amazing friends, and work for a company that care about me and is passionate about propelling my career forward. Dublin has been nothing but sweet to me throughout this experience. Whether it be eating lunch in St. Patrick's Park, Hopping on the DART to one of the many beautiful hiking spots along the coast, traveling to different events throughout the city for work, or simply hanging out with friends at a pub, this program has provided nothing short of life-changing experiences.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to learn more about their field, themselves, and the world around them. This program provides what I would consider a once-in-a lifetime experience. Dublin is such a vibrant city, filled with live-music, culture, and tons of passionate people. The landscape is filled with historic castles, mountains, and lush green fields. This is definitely a summer I won't soon forget. And best of all, It's an experience that has helped me grow both as a professional and an individual. I'm so happy to have gone on this trip and hope many other students get to experience this wonderful city like I was able to. Thanks Global Experience, for a wonderful summer and an experience of a lifetime.

Dublin internship

I spend my summer in Dublin interning for the Age Action Fundraising team. I was hesitant at first to accept an internship abroad because I had never been overseas but I am beyond happy that I took the chance. Not only did I get hands on experience in my field but I was able to meet some incredible people from around the world. The Global Experiences team matched me perfectly with my employer which enabled me to learn from professionals and gain insight into event management. I will never forget the memories that I made nor the strangers that quickly became close friends. This experience is not cheap but my placement, housing, and involvement made it all worth it in the end.

Interning in Dublin

Interning in Dublin has been such a wonderful experience. I have never lived out of the country, so getting to know the city has been fun. My internship placement was perfect and the ladies at my job made me feel right at home. My internship was in the city centre, so it gave me a good opportunity to explore the city on my lunch breaks. My whole experience has been positive and I couldn't imagine doing anything else for a semester.

Dubin Spring 2017

My internship in Dublin was one of the best experiences of my life. I came in a month later than everyone, but Global Experience was great with moving things along quickly so that I could get to Dublin. My internship placement was great! I loved everyone I worked with, and the environment I was working in. The commute was only a twenty minute walk from Griffith College where I was living. The accommodation at Griffith College was not the best, but it was bearable. I loved that I was able to travel around and outside of Ireland. I went to a few different countries and several parts of Ireland, and I would recommend future interns take this opportunity to travel. The biggest takeaway from this experience is that it solidified that I want to work in this field of software development. This was my first real job as a front-end developer for a company, and I loved what I was doing. I found it challenging and interesting everyday. I am so grateful that I was able to work abroad through Global Experiences,

Global Experiences - Dublin internship

As an international business major, the final requirement for my degree program was completing an internship abroad. I found myself rushing to find one (to graduate on time!) and I wasn't having much luck. After searching through several internship placement programs, I found Global Experiences and I'm so glad that I did. They were very quick to follow up with my initial inquiry (within 24 hours) and were willing to take me on shortly before the Dublin program started.

The Global Experiences team really made an effort to understand what I was looking for in my internship. The process of identifying and understanding your strengths and SMART goals is very useful and helps you to actively think about how you can maximize your internship experience.

My internship was at Fumbally Exchange and Institute of Designers in Ireland (same location and overlapping responsibilities), and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was fortunate enough to work with such a passionate and talented group of professionals and was able to learn so much from everyone.

Our housing was at Griffith College, which was located close to Dublin's city center, so I was able to walk to work everyday. The campus always felt safe and the same can be said for the surrounding area.

The site coordinators (Peter and Hayley) were always available to help out with any issues. The major trips (Giant's Causeway, Cliffs of Moher) were well-organized.

I would definitely recommend Global Experiences if you're seeking an opportunity to intern abroad.

Dublin - Fall

Overall, my experience with Global Experiences was great. From the beginning, the advisors and program coordinators were there every step of the way and very interactive. While in Dublin, the site coordinators were great with organizing group activities and were able to help with any issues that arose.

Ireland

Ireland was a lot of fun. I met so many new people and had a great time in my internship. It was different than anything I could have imagined and I'd recommend the program to anyone and everyone. It's brilliant and it won't be a waste of time or money!

Fall internship in Dublin

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Dublin. I felt like my program was very accommodating to me as anything that I asked for was given to me without complaint. My overall experience in Dublin was great as it is a very fun city with a rich culture and long history. I felt like the people in my program were for the most part extremely friendly and open minded. I never once felt lonely or like I didn't have any one to rely on but myself.

My internship was great as I felt like it gave me the experience that is needed in my career to find a good job. I feel very proud to present my resume with my internship on it. I got to do things that I would have never been able to do as an intern in the U.S. Things like, speaking on talk shows and reading the news live on air. I really enjoyed it thoroughly as I met friends and contacts that I believe have the potential to last a life time.

Global experiences was great to me in a way that I could not have previously imagined. I was originally enrolled in their summer internship program but due to a severe family emergency I had to cancel and fly home. However I really wanted to have an opportunity to go back to Dublin and I was able to do so thanks to GE's staff accommodating me so well. I feel that I would recommend Global Experiences to any one.

There's no place like Dublin to explore the music scene

I was very pleased to get an internship placement in a field that I was completely unfamiliar with! Taking the dive was the best decision of my life and I had great support from the Global Experiences team along the way to make sure I made the right choices.

As a journalist intern with Hot Press magazine, I was able to immerse myself in the Irish music scene by attending concerts and events to review. I usually had a plus one and could share the experience with my room mates as well!

Landscape Architecture internship in Dublin

I am a senior studying to get my Bachelors of Landscape Architecture, and I'm in the final week of my internship in Dublin. It was extremely difficult for me to find a program that offered either an education abroad or internship abroad experience for my field. My program at my school is extremely small, and my field isn't extremely well known. So when I found out that GE could get me an internship in Landscape Architecture it was an easy decision to make. Overall my experience with GE has been amazing, everyone that I've dealt with has been very understanding of my specific circumstances, helping me to create a payment plan that was outside of the norm because I wasn't going to be able to make the deadline, as well as helping me find counseling resources in my internship location for my anxiety. Any time I had a question or needed advice, somebody from GE was available to offer me help.
As for the internship itself, GE found me a fantastic firm where I was able to intern. They did an amazing job of finding out exactly what I needed in order to get credit, as well as the environment and type of work that I preferred. I have learned so much, and I've developed skills to an extent that I wouldn't have been able to do in my standard classes back home. Taking the time to work in the professional world in my field has been a huge addition to my education, and it's something that I think all students would benefit from.

Do Global Experiences!

At first I was self-conscious at the notion of a program finding an internship for me, as opposed to finding it myself. But after a few Skype consultations with the Global Experiences team and then arriving in Dublin, I realized just how dedicated they are to representing you abroad. They didn't merely hand you an internship; they worked as a middleman for the job that best suits you after equipping you with the tools to get it. I have a very specific set of professional interests and Global Experiences satisfied them to a T. Not to mention they recognize the importance of balancing work life with cultural life as they were responsible for some one of a kind Irish experiences. If you're thinking about interning abroad, I highly recommend Global Experiences.