Global Experiences - Intern Abroad in Barcelona
Intern Abroad Global experiences Intern Abroad Global experiences

Global Experiences - Intern Abroad in Barcelona

Absolutely wonderful

When I imagined the perfect internship, I pictured myself on my feet, tackling new problems every day, interacting with people and having each moment be different than the last. With that guidance, the staff at Global Experiences found me the perfect internship at an international preschool in Barcelona. I was impressed with how dedicated they were and how frequently they stayed in contact with me to update me on the process. Every question I had was answered in a timely and enthusiastic manner, and any worry was addressed and assuaged so that I felt confident and prepared to embark on this great new adventure that awaited me.

My internship at Escuela Happy Way was everything I could have asked for, and everything I did ask for. With some classrooms having up to twenty students, there was never a dull moment and I was never without something to do. The staff treated me as if I was part of their family from day one, and their friendliness and warmth made it much easier to acclimate to the new environment. They always took the time to be patient with me and communicate with me despite the language barrier, even if it would be easier not to. The teachers at Happy Way are some of the most genuine and kind people I have ever met, and it was a joy to be among them for those three months.

The open and attentive environment there has allowed the children to blossom, and interacting with them was easily my favorite part of the day. There is little that can match the happiness that comes with the sound of the children calling my name when I entered the classroom, or seeing them run to give me a hug goodbye. There are so many simple moments that carry within them so much joy, like hearing a child remember to say "thank you," or feeling them slip their small hand into mine, unprompted. The tuition for Global Experiences may cover housing and the excursions, but there no price for the moments such as these, or personal fulfillment and growth that will follow.

I'd do it all over again

The three months I spent in Barcelona will undoubtedly prove to be one of the most invaluable experiences of my life. I left a city I fell in love with with a new perspective on my own professional aspirations, the world in general, and my place within it. Through guidance and continual support, Global Experiences helped me grow as a person, exposed me to a new culture, and pushed me to be the best young professional that I can be. So, if you’re on the fence, or are scared of the uncertainty, DON’T BE! You’re signing up for an adventure of a lifetime. I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Event planning internship Barcelona

Global Experiences has given me the opportunity of a lifetime. I am a recent college grad who was looking for more work experience before joining the work force but also wanted the opportunity to travel. My advisor from Global Experiences helped me obtain a three-month internship with one of Barcelona's largest coworking spaces. This placement was the perfect fit for me and has not only allowed me to gain experience in a field I want to pursue, event planning, but also in communications, marketing, and office management. This internship has not only taught me a lot but has given me more clarity and direction as to what I want to do in the future. With this internship I have been given the chance to co-manage quite a few events that have been held within our coworking space along with externally. For example, I was given the opportunity to help my coworking space plan their second anniversary party. I was in charge of finding a caterer for the party and setting up the raffle, which incorporated different prizes from companies within our coworking space. I loved that with this internship they gave me more responsibilities and placed more trust in me as an intern then in internships past.

This program to me has been worth every penny. They not only placed me with an amazing internship but my advisor here has set up amazing social events for us that were included in our GE tuition. Our advisor has shown us the city through a local’s eye by taking us on a bike tour of the Gothic quarter or bringing us up to coast of Spain to the beautiful beaches of Sitges. These events that my Global Experience advisor has put on are some of my best memories here in Spain. From paella lunches, cooking classes, and day trips to amazing cities of Spain I feel like I have truly seen it all. I am so happy I chose to participate in a internship abroad with Global Experiences I can’t express how great of an opportunity it is and how many doors this company has open for me.

An unforgettable journey

When first arriving to a new country, knowing your going to be here for a while, it can be very nerve racking. Looking back on it I really appreciate Global experiences for providing me with this opportunity to live in Barcelona. I was able to immerse myself into a new culture in a way I've never been able to before. They have the kindest people working in the program that do everything they can to make this venture fun, educational and safe from start to finish. I met some of the most amazing people from all over the world and made great professional contacts. Our contact in Barcelona, Inma, taught us a lot about the traditions here through different excursions we would take together. There has been bumps along the way but Inma helped everyone in the program get through it! I cant wait to return to Barcelona and hopefully bring my family so they can fall in love with this place just like I did.

My summer abroad experience

My personal experience this summer was something I will never forget! Finding our program Global Experiences was one of the best decisions I could've made for this summer. I highly enjoyed my internship they matched me with and the people I worked with were incredible also. Global Experiences introduced me to a whole new perspective towards the world around us and wanting to travel more. I will cherish these memories I've made here and the new relationships I've formed while working in Barcelona. Also, this experience will look incredible later on when added to my resume. I would recommend this experience to anyone interested in going abroad and gaining new knowledge in their career field.

Summer in Barcelona!

Global Experiences made my summer abroad in Barcelona wonderful! From the moment I contacted them to learn more about the program to the moment I received my internship, GE was nothing but attentive, supportive and helpful with everything. Barcelona is such an amazing city with so much to offer! I grew not only professionally but also personally during my time here. Our program director, Inma, was exceptional at what she does. Inma was knowledgeable about all aspects of Barcelona and was always there whenever we needed her. I noticed that she continuously made sure that everyone in the program felt comfortable and enjoyed their internships and time in Barcelona. I highly recommend Global Experiences to anyone looking to intern abroad! They have exceeded my expectations!

Summer abroad in Barcelona

I have been pleased with all aspects of my study abroad experience with Global Experiences (GE). I remember searching for programs in Barcelona, and I wasn't aware of GE, and I contacted their office to learn more about their program. After talking to their representatives and finding out what the program provides, I knew I had to sign up immediately. I was very impressed with the amount of professional help give their participants. They were very informative with what a standard Barcelona resume and cover letter should look like. Furthermore, they set up a phone call for a professional that gave me feedback on my professional content that was going to be sent out to potential employers and me. The provided housing couldn't have been better. My job is five blocks away from my apartment, and my roommates were fantastic (thanks to the roommate survey). My internship has been exceptional not only because it is with the top pr/marketing firm in the world, Edelman, but also because of the skills and abroad connections I have made. Our Program Director, Inma, has been a god sent. She has shown great knowledge about the area and has always been there for us whether good or bad. As I near the end of my stay in Barcelona, I think back to everything I have done and experienced, and I can't thank Global Experiences enough for all that they have done. If you are looking for the summer of a lifetime, filled with personal and professional growth, this is the program for you!

Barcelona 2017

Global experiences is great! This program gave me the professional experience I needed all while spending the summer in an amazing city! The location coordinators go out of their way to provide you with the perfect internship as well as make you feel comfortable while staying in your host city. This is an experience I'll never forget and I know it will help further my career in the future! This program has also made me realize how much I love to travel so I can't wait to come back to Barcelona one day!

Interning in Barcelona

This was my first internship and I have to say Global experience did an awesome job. The team at GE helped me from start to finish by finding me work and accommodation. I also have to give a special thanks to Inma (GE program director for Barcelona) for helping me and all the other interns settle in our new environment and for helping us explore the amazing city that is Barcelona. I can honestly say that this experience has helped me to grow as an individual and as a young professional entering the work force. Coming to Barcelona I had one goal, live to embrace. With the help of GE and my fellow interns, thats exactly what I did. It is very difficult to pick one favourite moment as there was so many, but one of my favourite memories was visiting an area called Bunkers which allows you to oversee the beautiful city.

Summer in Barcelona

Global Experiences was FANTASTIC! The staff was awesome throughout the entire process from professional development to getting me an internship to the support while I was actually in Barcelona. Inma was the best program director that you could ask for, always willing to help and looking for fun things to do for you and your friends. I met people that I am sure I will be friends with for a lifetime. I wish that I could stay for longer than 2 months but I know I will be coming back soon enough. It was my first time over seas and Global Experiences made it an experience that I will absolutely never forget!

Experience of a lifetime

I first heard of Global Experiences from a friend who had been in the Barcelona program and said it changed his life. I decided to apply after reading so many good reviews saying that it was the best way to grow as a student who wanted an experience working abroad. And wow were they right - prior to even leaving for the trip I felt like I was being prepared and set up for success in my internship. I had support every step of the process and really felt like I was growing as a student, into a young professional. Although I had a flight delay on my way to Barcelona, which put a slight bump in the road, I was met immediately upon my arrival by the Barcelona program coordinator, Inma. She was incredibly reassuring and showed me around the area to make me comfortable and feel at home. From then on, I always felt like I could reach out to her when I had any questions or even when I needed suggestions for places to get good paella or authentic Spanish food.

What I was even more impressed by was how perfect my housing and internship placement was. For my housing, I was placed with people who were from all different cultures, some Americans, Italians, a Mexican and even a German and Slovakian girl at one point. My living situation was a bit different than others because it was a large apartment and some of my flatmates were only living there for a limited time. I chose this living arrangement though, so I had the opportunity to meet as many people as possible and I am so happy with my decision. We had an excellent location close to the centre of the city and the apartment was great, with everything we needed.

For my internship placement, I couldn't have been happier. After doing the preparation with G.E. prior to leaving, they learned what my strengths are and what kind of company would be the best match for me. From this, they found the perfect company - one that is just as positive, outgoing and open minded as I am. I instantly felt comfortable in my company and slowly began feeling like I found a second family right in Barcelona. During my time at work, I was given the opportunity to gain more and more responsibility. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and learned things I would've never thought I would've learned in a marketing and communications internship. I even got to attend the Mobile World Congress event, an international convention that happens once a year in Barcelona - where we launched an app that we had been working on for many weeks leading up to the event. I learned how to pitch to other companies and even investors - which gave me a taste of the sales world and sparked some interest in possibly pursuing sales along with marketing at some point. I feel like I had the opportunity to explore so many different types of tasks that really helped me feel like I could do anything I want as long as I'm open to learning and putting myself out there - even if it means not being successful at it right away.

The activities that were planned by Global Experiences were a blast as well! We did a city bike tour, a wine and tapas tour, went to the Magic Fountain Show and made a trip to Montserrat Mountain. It was really fun to do things as a group and the professional development workshop we did was really helpful as well. I never would have thought 3 months of working abroad would have me crying upon my departure because I didn't want to leave. Although I was sad to leave, the amazing experience I had with G.E. gave me that much more of a push to stay motivated at home to follow my dreams.

Overall - Global Experiences was a 10/10 experience, I don't think I would have had the same experience or opportunities with any other abroad program. I truly grew as a young professional and learned to find comfort in taking on new challenges in a new culture, 4000 miles away from home. Because of my experience, I plan on returning to Barcelona, my home away from home, after I graduate to work and continue my adventures in the culture and city I have fallen head over heels in love with.

Could not be more satisfied!

I've had a wonderful stay in Barcelona. It is an amazing city!! Global Experiences went above and beyond to get me this internship and without exaggerating, the last half year here has been one of the best experiences in my life! Inma, who is the contact person here in Barcelona is absolutely wonderful and she will tell you everything you need to know about Barcelona! If you go for it 200%, Barcelona will embrace you with it's wonderful secrets, places, crazy memories, wonderful history, unique people, with the good and the bad! The city has a magnificent pull that will always will make you come back!

Great decision!

Going to Barcelona with GE was a great decision! I was able to get hands on experience with a travel company doing content creation for their social media platforms. Although you would think working in a foreign country would be a bit scary, the work culture in Barcelona is far less intimidating and more welcoming than in the United States - a great place for those starting to enter the workforce. During my time in Barcelona I was able to meet locals, improve my Spanish, and learn about the history and culture of such a vibrant city. The international nature of the city means that so many other people are also trying to get involved and make friends so it is very easy to find activities and join in. Our program coordinator Inma had great tips on things to do in the city and how to get involved, she was a wonderful support system. Overall amazing experience, I am so glad I went to Barcelona!

Fall internship in Barcelona

Couldn't be happier with my decision to choose Barcelona as my host country. My internship with the software company Vreasy definitely met my exceptions, it gave me the perfect opportunity to work in a field I am interested in and I definitely feel like it will help me land my dream job in the future.
Our Program coordinator Inma was amazing! she was extremely knowledgable and planned fun and educating excursions every week.
I would highly recommend Global experiences Barcelona Program to anybody looking to gain solid work experience, while at the same time enjoy the beauty of traveling abroad.

Best summer!

I've tried to get abroad for years, but things kept falling through with my school. It's been a dream to live abroad and Global Experiences finally allowed that to happen for me! This summer was incredible. I saw so many amazing places that were so easy to travel to from Barcelona, and the city itself had so much going on. From incredible street performers to some of the best food I've tasted...I didn't want to leave! It's going to be impossible to beat this summer, and the cherry on top of it all was the loving and amazing Location Coordinator, Inma. She helped make sure this was the best summer ever!

The summer of a lifetime

Thank you Global Experiences for a summer of fun and learning! I worked an internship in the tourism industry in Barcelona. I had a blast! The city offered so much to do that in my 2 months here I feel like the opportunities are still endless of new things I could do with my free time. I grew professionally and individually throughout this trip and would recommend it to anyone who is curious about living in another culture. My eyes have truly been opened and I know that I am going home with an unforgettable experience and new friendships. So happy I spent my summer with Global Experiences!

Perfect Internship for Me

I immensely enjoyed my time in Barcelona because I had an AMAZING internship placement. The work culture perfectly fit my personality as well as my experience/career goals. If you're thinking about going abroad through GE I would advise you to be completely honest and as detailed as you can be about your expectations so they can find you the best fit possible.

You might be thinking it's a tad expensive. It is. But that's because it includes everything. My apartment was perfect. I cannot tell you how much I loved it. And the landlord was so prompt about fixing any issues we had with the apartment. Our apartment even included bi-weekly cleaning! It was a block and a half away from a metro station. Speaking of which, your metro pass is paid! You have no idea how stressful it is to try and plan out transportation with a limited pass. But GE takes the stress out of it with an unlimited pass. How thoughtful. There are also various social events which make sure you experience all of the must-see's and must-do's you otherwise wouldn't see/do because (let's face it) we're broke college kids.

As always, you get out what you put in.

Go to BCN with Global Experiences.

I highly recommend this program. Not only my internship was awesome but the housing and people I met too. It's an amazing program and I would encourage everyone to try it out, you won't regret it !!!!

Wonderful Summer Experience

Global Experiences made the job of finding the perfect summer internship in Spain possible for me. In the midst of trying to network my way to any kind of job opportunity in Europe, stumbling upon GE was a life saver. My internship itself ended up being a great match for me, and I learned a ton about Public Relations as well as nearly perfecting my Spanish. I had an excellent experience in Barcelona this summer, and I felt like I could wander further out of my comfort zone and try new things and take bigger risks because I knew that If I ever faced challenges I couldn't overcome on my own, I would have someone from GE right there who had the experience and training to help get me through whatever the situation was.

Go GE

I highly recommend global experiences for anyone looking for an engaging internship abroad and looking to have a great group of people to hangout with. It has been an amazing experience and I am recommending it to all of my friends

The best investment of my life!

Global Experiences is THE program for you! This experience is an investment that will give you the opportunity to work in an awesome company as an intern, have fun in a new city, learn a new language, meet new people and have the best team to help you before and during the program. Finding an internship and a good place to stay is an easy and fun process with Global Experiences! What else can you ask for? If you wonder if you should sign up or not, I say do something for you and your future...Challenge your limits, don't miss this opportunity and sign up! It's so worth it! The last 12 weeks have been perfect and every single day was an adventure! I loved it!