Spring & Fall Internships in Florence
Intern Abroad Global experiences Intern Abroad Global experiences

Spring & Fall Internships in Florence

Amazing experience

Choosing to study abroad with global experiences is hands down one of the best decisions I've ever made. Florence has forever plastered itself to my heart, the art, the life style and of course the food. Everyday in this great city was an opportunity for a life changing adventure. Throughout my internship I made great friends and great connections for my career and had an immense amount of fun doing it. It was a once in a life time opportunity and I am so glad I took advantage of it.

Going beyond your average study abroad experience

When I first arrived in Florence I felt like I was in a Medieval Disney World. As I walked along the cobblestones in the city center I was greeted by breathtaking architecture, world-famous statues, and a violin's serenade. This city is truly special as it has all the attractions of a large city while being completely walkable and safe.

Like the city of Florence itself, Global Experiences is also unique. Most of the Americans in Florence are studying aboard with other people from their University and, as a result, the vast majority only hang out with other Americans. However, because Global Experiences partners with a language school that has people from all over the world and places you in real Italian work environments you will inevitably meet and talk with people who are not American. I believe that this is extremely important because the whole point of going abroad is to go outside of your comfort zone.

The internship that Global Experiences placed me with was perfect. I wanted an internship within the field of Journalism. I was paired up with Florence News, a publication for American students and tourists in Florence. While I thought I would just help edit, I actually got to write articles! I learned about what makes a good lead, how to write hard news stories, and the ins and outs of AP Style. While I was not enrolled in a University class while here, I believe that the experience I gained from my internship has taught me more than any journalism class would.

All in all, because of this program I have become friends with people from completely different cultures, tasted wine properly, eaten my weight in gelato, overcome language barriers, and developed into a more self-sufficient and globally aware person.

If you are considering this program, I would suggest that you stop thinking and apply for the program today.

The opportunity of a lifetime

Throughout my time here in Florence, Italy, as a Global Experiences intern I have not only changed immensely as a person but seen my fellow friends and interns change as well. The experience that I have gained from this internship truly is once in a life time. I have grown and experienced so much as a young adult entering my career path through this extraordinary program. This internship has truly given me the confidence to continue with my passion into forthcoming jobs. I am excited for what the future may hold for me, Global Experiences has opened many doors along my career path.

Great opportunity to grow personally & professionally

My internship in Florence was incredible because it taught me a lot about myself in terms of flexibility, self-confidence, communication and it was a great chance to travel! I was able to learn a lot in my field, but also about myself, I've changed for the better from this experience. Also, because Florence is so close to many great cities, I was able to explore all the popular and really cool little-known towns and cities within Italy, and the rest of Europe as well.

Best time of my life

This was the best experience I’ve ever had. I have learned so much in not only my field of work, but the culture of other nations. 10/10 all across the board. I made life long friends and memories. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Florence study abroad

When í was first preparing for this opportunity í was a little nervous because í had never traveled out of the country by Myself. Upon arrival í was greeted by my landlord who was very nice and accommodating. My apartment here was so beautiful and spacious. The location was better than í could ever dream, ít was so perfect. Ï met my roommates shortly after ï arrived and they have easily become some of my very best friends. My Global experiences advisor, Rachel, made my experience so wonderful, she is super nice and helpful and really made me feel comfortable. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was even better. Í have made so many friends abroad and í certainly plan on coming back many more times. My internship here with a film company was all í could ever dream of and more, because of global experiences í am certain what í want to do with my future and í feel as though ít has shaped me into a better person. Í am beyond grateful for this experience.

Great Experience!

My 3 months in Florence was a dream true! I would recommend anyone fresh out of college to intern abroad (especially Florence). I've lived at home my whole life and living in Europe has definitely enhanced my level of independence and has made me more worldly overall. The first month was great because I brushed up on some of my italian and had a lot of free time to explore the beautiful city of Florence. The last eight weeks were equally as great because I was working at a contemporary art gallery and learned so much. My employers were very kind and made me feel that I was at home. My favourite part about this program was that every week we had scheduled events with GE interns and our internship advisor Rachel. She set up the best weekend excursions in cities all over Tuscany and organized amazing activities in Florence. She made me feel very comfortable as she was always there whenever I needed her. Overall, the food, culture, beautiful scenery and amazing relationships I created along the way made this experience all the more wonderful!

I will return a different person due to studying abroad in Florence

Before I came to Florence I was an individual who did not step out of their comfort zone. I would eat the same foods, hang out with the same people, participate in the same activities, and never truly challenge myself or my mind. When I stepped off the plane in Florence, that all changed. Studying abroad in a foreign country and immersing myself in a foreign culture allowed me to grow and mature extraordinarily as a human being. I now will try all different kinds of foods, hang out with people from all around the world, participate in activities I never even heard of before coming abroad, and constantly challenge myself with the practices of different cultures all around Europe. I have become a culturally rounded, spontaneous, more intelligent individual due to my time abroad with Global Experiences. I recommend this program to anyone willing to take a step out of their comfort zone and indulge themselves in a different culture; I promise you will not be disappointed in how you grow and learn about the person that you TRULY are.

Florence

My experience in Florence was the best! I met so many people that I now they are very important in my life!!. There were social events provided by GE that helped us get to know each and the chance to know Florence and Italy in different way! I have the opportunity to travel a lot in Italy and I´m in love for this country!!!

Falling in love with Florence!

Global Experiences has allowed me to have the best 3 months of my life! Living, learning, and working abroad has been an incredible opportunity for growth and adventure! I've learned so much about myself and the world through my new social and professional experiences abroad. If you're looking for a chance to expand your worldview and gain real life skills outside of the classroom, this program is for you! The weather was beautiful, the people are friendly, and the food is amazing!

Best experience of my life

The best perks of this experience was the cultural immersion. Definitely very enriching. I enjoyed the language school a lot, and wished that I had more time to continue studying there to improve my Italian. Never had any trouble in the living situation other than a few small, minor conflicts that could easily be solved. The Global Experience team also picked an excellent program coordinator. Rachel was extremely helpful, very easy to get along with, knows the city like the back of her hand, and did not feel like a cheesy tour guide who was babysitting us. I had a little rough start with my actual internship, but Rachel and Anna were more than able to help me resolve this, and it turned out fine in the end. The only thing I would consider improving would be the weekend excursions. I loved going out to travel, but I didn't care much for the fact that we were dragged along on bus trips with other people. I would've been just as happy to go to our destinations by train with the other interns. With downfalls aside, I would definitely relive this experience again if given the opportunity.