Fall & Spring Internships in Barcelona
Global Experiences Header Image Global Experiences Header Image

Fall & Spring Internships in Barcelona

Experience of a lifetime

I first heard of Global Experiences from a friend who had been in the Barcelona program and said it changed his life. I decided to apply after reading so many good reviews saying that it was the best way to grow as a student who wanted an experience working abroad. And wow were they right - prior to even leaving for the trip I felt like I was being prepared and set up for success in my internship. I had support every step of the process and really felt like I was growing as a student, into a young professional. Although I had a flight delay on my way to Barcelona, which put a slight bump in the road, I was met immediately upon my arrival by the Barcelona program coordinator, Inma. She was incredibly reassuring and showed me around the area to make me comfortable and feel at home. From then on, I always felt like I could reach out to her when I had any questions or even when I needed suggestions for places to get good paella or authentic Spanish food.

What I was even more impressed by was how perfect my housing and internship placement was. For my housing, I was placed with people who were from all different cultures, some Americans, Italians, a Mexican and even a German and Slovakian girl at one point. My living situation was a bit different than others because it was a large apartment and some of my flatmates were only living there for a limited time. I chose this living arrangement though, so I had the opportunity to meet as many people as possible and I am so happy with my decision. We had an excellent location close to the centre of the city and the apartment was great, with everything we needed.

For my internship placement, I couldn't have been happier. After doing the preparation with G.E. prior to leaving, they learned what my strengths are and what kind of company would be the best match for me. From this, they found the perfect company - one that is just as positive, outgoing and open minded as I am. I instantly felt comfortable in my company and slowly began feeling like I found a second family right in Barcelona. During my time at work, I was given the opportunity to gain more and more responsibility. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone and learned things I would've never thought I would've learned in a marketing and communications internship. I even got to attend the Mobile World Congress event, an international convention that happens once a year in Barcelona - where we launched an app that we had been working on for many weeks leading up to the event. I learned how to pitch to other companies and even investors - which gave me a taste of the sales world and sparked some interest in possibly pursuing sales along with marketing at some point. I feel like I had the opportunity to explore so many different types of tasks that really helped me feel like I could do anything I want as long as I'm open to learning and putting myself out there - even if it means not being successful at it right away.

The activities that were planned by Global Experiences were a blast as well! We did a city bike tour, a wine and tapas tour, went to the Magic Fountain Show and made a trip to Montserrat Mountain. It was really fun to do things as a group and the professional development workshop we did was really helpful as well. I never would have thought 3 months of working abroad would have me crying upon my departure because I didn't want to leave. Although I was sad to leave, the amazing experience I had with G.E. gave me that much more of a push to stay motivated at home to follow my dreams.

Overall - Global Experiences was a 10/10 experience, I don't think I would have had the same experience or opportunities with any other abroad program. I truly grew as a young professional and learned to find comfort in taking on new challenges in a new culture, 4000 miles away from home. Because of my experience, I plan on returning to Barcelona, my home away from home, after I graduate to work and continue my adventures in the culture and city I have fallen head over heels in love with.

Could not be more satisfied!

I've had a wonderful stay in Barcelona. It is an amazing city!! Global Experiences went above and beyond to get me this internship and without exaggerating, the last half year here has been one of the best experiences in my life! Inma, who is the contact person here in Barcelona is absolutely wonderful and she will tell you everything you need to know about Barcelona! If you go for it 200%, Barcelona will embrace you with it's wonderful secrets, places, crazy memories, wonderful history, unique people, with the good and the bad! The city has a magnificent pull that will always will make you come back!

Great decision!

Going to Barcelona with GE was a great decision! I was able to get hands on experience with a travel company doing content creation for their social media platforms. Although you would think working in a foreign country would be a bit scary, the work culture in Barcelona is far less intimidating and more welcoming than in the United States - a great place for those starting to enter the workforce. During my time in Barcelona I was able to meet locals, improve my Spanish, and learn about the history and culture of such a vibrant city. The international nature of the city means that so many other people are also trying to get involved and make friends so it is very easy to find activities and join in. Our program coordinator Inma had great tips on things to do in the city and how to get involved, she was a wonderful support system. Overall amazing experience, I am so glad I went to Barcelona!

Perfect Internship for Me

I immensely enjoyed my time in Barcelona because I had an AMAZING internship placement. The work culture perfectly fit my personality as well as my experience/career goals. If you're thinking about going abroad through GE I would advise you to be completely honest and as detailed as you can be about your expectations so they can find you the best fit possible.

You might be thinking it's a tad expensive. It is. But that's because it includes everything. My apartment was perfect. I cannot tell you how much I loved it. And the landlord was so prompt about fixing any issues we had with the apartment. Our apartment even included bi-weekly cleaning! It was a block and a half away from a metro station. Speaking of which, your metro pass is paid! You have no idea how stressful it is to try and plan out transportation with a limited pass. But GE takes the stress out of it with an unlimited pass. How thoughtful. There are also various social events which make sure you experience all of the must-see's and must-do's you otherwise wouldn't see/do because (let's face it) we're broke college kids.

As always, you get out what you put in.

The best investment of my life!

Global Experiences is THE program for you! This experience is an investment that will give you the opportunity to work in an awesome company as an intern, have fun in a new city, learn a new language, meet new people and have the best team to help you before and during the program. Finding an internship and a good place to stay is an easy and fun process with Global Experiences! What else can you ask for? If you wonder if you should sign up or not, I say do something for you and your future...Challenge your limits, don't miss this opportunity and sign up! It's so worth it! The last 12 weeks have been perfect and every single day was an adventure! I loved it!

Fall internship in Barcelona

Couldn't be happier with my decision to choose Barcelona as my host country. My internship with the software company Vreasy definitely met my exceptions, it gave me the perfect opportunity to work in a field I am interested in and I definitely feel like it will help me land my dream job in the future.
Our Program coordinator Inma was amazing! she was extremely knowledgable and planned fun and educating excursions every week.
I would highly recommend Global experiences Barcelona Program to anybody looking to gain solid work experience, while at the same time enjoy the beauty of traveling abroad.