Volunteer in the Himalayan Region of Ladakh - Serving Dental Care
Global Dental Relief Header Image Global Dental Relief Header Image

Volunteer in the Himalayan Region of Ladakh - Serving Dental Care

Dental clinic in Ladakh

I am a dentist, and I have done 5 dental missions in South/Central America and Haiti. This was the most well-organized in terms of patient care (really impactful preventative dentistry rather than simply extracting hopeless teeth). I felt that we were really helping these kids get off to a good start and avoiding problems as adults. The lodging, clinic, food, etc were really great. They even hired local dancers and musicians one night for our entertainment. Leh is a beautiful town, clean but dusty and extremely safe. Unfortunately it looks like this quiet trekking destination may be getting ‘discovered’ as there are a lot of new guest houses being built, so go soon!

Volunteer Denntal Assistant

This was truly the most profound experience in my life on a spiritual and social level. I will never forget it and the impact I saw this program have on the kids we served! To be a part of something so giving and generous was life changing. And I truly enjoyed the culture of Ledakh as well. Amazing part of my life and I pray I get the chance to volunteer again!!!

High Himalayas

Leh reminds me of New Mexico one hundred years ago. Agriculture is by irrigation, everything is at altitude, homes are adobe, and cows and burros scavenge the streets for treats. Between clinics, I amused myself by drinking tea in the market with shop owners and watching life go by. This is, by far, my favorite clinic.