Internships in China - China Internship Program
Gi2C Group - China Internship Program Provider Header Image Gi2C Group - China Internship Program Provider Header Image

Internships in China - China Internship Program

I would recommend Gi2C to my friends.

I initially found Gi2C on LinkedIn. I was looking for a job opportunity and found Gi2C’s website which looked nice and provided all the information I needed. I interned with Lehman Brown, a China-focused accounting, taxation and business advisory firm that offers expert advice and support to both local and international clients. I was doing an internship in marketing and finance. I liked it. Gi2C helped with all things related to moving to a new place such as finding accommodation and an internship placement and making sure that everything’s going well. I would recommend Gi2C to my friends. Thanks to this experience, I learned a lot about writing skills, and I learned a lot about Chinese culture. I also think this internship will look really good on my CV.

My internship in China

I have visited the website prior to my application to ensure that GI2C was the right organization to enable me to progress my career at an international level, I found the site to be highly informative with a clear set of clear goals and objectives focused on bridging the gap between the UK and China as well as offering interns a unique opportunity to push towards achieving aspirations which are just not possible in the UK. I have also subscribed to the GI2C Youtube channel to hear about the experiences previous interns have had working with GI2C group. This further developed my interest to take part giving me a better understanding of what will be required of me from a professional perspective and also opening my eyes to the opportunity this will give me to experience life within a whole new culture and get to visit places which I never imagined I would get the chance too. Having assessed the criteria outlined on the website and the feedback from previous interns I believe that with my existing knowledge and experience using a variety of software as well as my strong team based work ethic and communicational skills this internship would allow me to reach the goals I have been driving towards throughout my education and the understanding of how much of an impact this could have on my future career will push me to go the extra mile in ensuring that my time working with the GI2C group not only benefits me in reaching my aspirations but also has a positive impact on the mission of the GI2C group.

Experience in Marketing in China

I got Gi2C internship premium package as an International Marketing Intern in AdvaCare Pharma in Shanghai. It was my first time in Asia, and to stay in such a different country as China I found Gi2C extremely helpful. Gi2C helped with sim card, metro card, tour guide and also the accommodation. It was my first experience working with international marketing in a very cozy environment. I had the opportunity to learn about the Chinese culture and their way of doing business, improve my English skills and learn about social media marketing.

break up barrier of communication

Oh, men, I can write a long story about it but be sure it was contrasty and extraordinary. Once you break up barrier of communication Chinese people are really open and very curious about your type of life style so it’s very interesting to share different ideas with them. Most of my colleagues were Chinese and Taiwanese as well, there was one more intern from Gi2C and one foreign specialist from Scotland, I think. So only three of us were considered as foreigners but my office and whole work environment were foreign-friendly, so far HQ of my placement company is in North America we did a lot of things based in English content habit.
I would say overall this Gi2C internship is very smooth process. Luckily for me, I didn’t have to worry too much, Gi2C did a wonderful job trying to fulfill my requirements and needs. And I want to say their support in China is very helpful as well.

Chinese people always want to help you

Always wished to discover new culture, thought it would help me to develop myself. When I just landed I was a little bit afraid, of course, because it’s another side of the planet but people here are really warm and welcome, always want to help you.
I was interning at investment banking, working on Chinese real estates and I can say my team was very warm and helpful. You always can get help from someone and that’s big difference between Chinese and Belgian work environment.
Btw, I’ve tried to find internship on my own in almost every country in East Asia and it took me 3 months before I gave up. I just haven’t received any answer and it was kind of desperately.
With Gi2C it took just 2 weeks before I’ve got really good offer.

Hundreds cultures in one

I love Shanghai, I love a big city life, it’s really interesting, all nationalities are living here and of course the locals. Unfortunately I couldn’t communicate well with the locals because of the language barrier and it’s pity but there are so many Chinese in Shanghai who used to travel around a world and they speak English, I found it’s really interesting to communicate with them. Shanghai doesn’t have just one culture, it’s like hundreds cultures in one. I love that.

Be ready to talk a lot

I was trying to find internship by myself before coming to Gi2C but it was obviously complicated so finally I gave up. From Gi2C I’ve got enough support even before coming, for example about visa issue, they provided good placement to me, they’ve been there whenever I’ve get lost in Beijing, actually whenever I’ve asked them for anything they’re always there. Btw, I have got lost twice.

Regarding my Chinese experience. I actually came to China because of air pollution, I’m studying environment’s engineering and I wanted to see if I can hopefully do something with pollution here. I can say my first days were a little bit difficult because I’ve never been in Beijing before but I used to life in China pretty quick. Food and transportation here are cheap and I like accommodation Gi2C helped me with. During this internship I’ve improved my presentation and communication skills a lot. I was lucky enough to have people speaking English in my work environment. It’s important because people pretty like communication here, they talk a lot so be ready. In my opinion it’s also great opportunity to practice your Mandarin, it’s definitely gonna help.

Always take note of what particular locals are doing

It’s definitely been a culture shock, comes you down to “this is China”. Being in the art, as an artist, the places I’m interested more than Great Wall are Museum of Modern Art and 798 district. Subway runs perfectly here, buses are every 10-15 minutes so it’s easy to reach any part of Beijing you need. I use to hang out with my co-workers, I’ve been eaten at places you’ll never see on a map but food there is definitely better, and it was easy coming back to my apartment because I was living at 798 area, no need to explain address to taxi driver. I’m definitely satisfied with support from Gi2C, they helped me with apartment and found a good placement.

From my internship I gained experience of communication with different people, understanding different cultures. In Australia it’s kind of expected more that you work from 9 to 17 and you have to be very prompt back from your lunch break, everything’s do like yesterday. However in China working schedule is different. I can’t say Chinese are not working hard but concerning working hours it’s probably just shorter.

And my only one advice to new comers: take a not of what particular locals are doing, don't let them rip you off. Chinese people mostly nice to foreigners but some of them just want to get your money.

My internship in Beijing

Be ready going out here: people are very curious, they’ll look at you, sometimes it’s really weird. At the beginning I thought they look at me like I’m a monster. It’s funny they always ask you for a photos as you are famous rock start, so I took many pictures with Chinese people I don’t know who they are.
Few words about internship in Beijing.

Work environment in Beijing is very relaxing at least it seems so for me. I used to be committed with time, to be in time at any place, but here it’s a different way and you have to use to it. Working hours are also different, in Argentina we start at 8am and finish at 8pm, we work a lot, and at this company in Beijing at 6 we can leave workplace. Also obviously I couldn’t speak much with my colleagues because most of them don’t speak English but bosses were OK.

About support from Gi2C. In my opinion it’s really important to have a group and to go out together, to share experience, to attend some events together. So Gi2C gave us this opportunity.

Review about internship with Gi2C (Beijing)

In my opinion Gi2C should be more picky about interns. I faced interns who did care about their job so little I even wonder how did agency find any placement to them. Come on, guys, if everything what you need is just travel and having fun go teach English then, you are welcome at every Chinese kindergarten. Leave a decent career way for someone who really cares.

Concerning my experience with Gi2C it was pretty good, I’m satisfied. I posted my review earlier and can just paste it here:

1. VISA:
Gi2C helped me with M visa, no problem. I also did my own research before coming to China for to be sure that everything’s legit, and it is. You can stay in company as intern with M visa.

2. Accommodation:
I was sharing pretty new and clean flat near Tuanjiehu (nice area, by the way, there are parks and Sunlitun’s pretty close, I recommend) with girl from Philippine. One more friend in my life, hope to see you soon, Phoebe! I’m not so picky but it was nice to have decent accommodation.

3 . The placement:
I was working as Marketing Specialist at foreign owned business consulting company (but stuff was almost all Chinese). I mean I was really working not like some interns who just watch TVserials at their workplaces and then moaning that there are no benefits for future career from this internship. I can’t say I love Chinese way of doing business neither can I say I really want to work with Chinese businessmen anymore but I definitely learned a lot and obviously have improved my professional skills. Working in China with Chinese people it’s challenging but how can you develop yourself without facing challenges? So I really appreciate this experience and I dare this is a huge plus for my CV cause I’m not gonna stay long at home, I want to develop my career in Asia.
4. Conclusion:
In my opinion if you determinate to develop your career in Asian region this is a great opportunity. You can choose any agency of course. I made a decision to work with Gi2C because I liked the way they provide information, Mary (my manager) always gave me a lot of details, gave me quick answers for all my countless questions. Maybe you can find another agency you like better. I’m adult I know what I want, I paid for the program by myself and I did my own research for to be sure that I’m doing right thing.
So my advice for someone who is coming: be patient, be polite, find out what you really want and be picky then. If you know what you want Gi2C will help you get it. If you don’t nobody’ll help.

Best way to secure your child's future.

Johnny is my only son, being a single mother I had always been very concerned about my child's brighter future. I had sent him to the best school there is, and even sent him to the NCSU to acquire his higher studies. However, I realized that studying in a good college will not be enough for him unless and until he acquires some international internship experience.

Which place would have been a better option than China to send my son to get an internship there. I personally did not know anyone in China who could have arranged my son an internship or could arrange him an accommodation.

After googling for this over the internet, i landed up on Get in2 China's website, and decided to give these guys a shot.

They only arranged my son and internship but also provided a very good place to stay.

Johnny used to email me about his day to day activities, and I was pretty much satisfied and carefree with everything that has been happening in China. My son got an internship in Hengyi Polyester company. Since he was already studying textiles. The internship proved to be quite helpful in not only building his career but also his experience in Hengyi served him well while he was winding up his Research Project over synthetic yarns.

The Marketing Summer Internship

One of the interesting subjects is marketing and therefore I decided to have my summer internship in it. How do you market your product is a very important question and would directly affect your sales. You have to design your sales and promotional schemes in a way that is competitive and still making the image constant. I learned a lot about various procedures in Marketing of a product and I also learned how to make your brand image. The training program was interesting by use of examples of different companies and products while our visits arranged to the marketing teams of well known companies gave us a good idea on the working and procedures of their marketing techniques. The marketing plan of a company is already defined and which is followed by the Marketing Team. It was also interesting to know how the competition sets or changes the marketing techniques of a company.

Good Exposure

I am an architecture student and I was looking forward to an opportunity where I could sharpen my skills and ideas and I could make some real designs that would be applicable to new construction projects. Through getin2 china’s internship program I was able to find out new concepts that added a lot to my knowledge. What should be considered before designing a place or a building and also why is it so important to know what purpose the building will be serving. Your architecture might be fit for an office use but not for a hospital if you do not make sufficient changes to it. There is so much to learn in the field of architecture and I feel I have covered quite enough through this internship. The company our group was placed into was giving us enough exposure and learning experience. So all in all, a good experience.

Ready to join my dad’s business

Real State is a very interesting business these days and many people are making money out of it. It involves a lot of judgment and intuition to make a property decision because your money is involved in it. Not only yours but also other’s too. My Summer Internship in real state was very helpful and gave me a new direction in making property decisions. One right decision can yield a lot of money on your investment. The internship taught me many such techniques by which it can be judged whether an investment would be yielding the desired results. I am now ready to join my father’s real state business and also I am always there to give him my suggestions and share what I have learned. The internship was enough to open up my mind and to give me a clear picture of the real state business. My father is very happy to see me taking interest in his business.

Our Fun Summer Internship

My Summer internship in Marketing was so much fun. All my friends had also joined me in this internship and it was more like a picnic than an internship. Of course we learned a lot too but this was more like a summer camp than an internship. The lecture hours were very informative and then when we were taken to marketing departments of different companies, our learning was increased four folds. We got the chance to observe closely what are the activities in the marketing department of an organization. We were also fascinated by the lavish infrastructure all the marketing departments had as compared to the other departments of an organization. My friends and I were wishing to be employed at these organizations. When the internship was about to be over, we were so unhappy about it so we decided to take another internship next time in a different category.

Gifted me confidence

I am a salesman and I was facing serious problems those days just when I decided to take an internship in Sales. I was never able to meet my monthly targets those days and the commission too was impossible for me. Through this course I learned several ways and techniques by which I can convince the customer to buy my product. I learned understand the psyche of people and that before offering my product what should I judge in the person in front of me and the surrounding environment. Now before making an offer, I judge the interest of the person and also how much is he/ she willing to pay. I have also learned how to build trust and long term or permanent customers who would believe whatever you say and would only buy from you. Now I hit the highest sales most of the months and also my confidence level has increased drastically.

Ready to take a flight

Just when I thought to start my own collection of paintings, I thought to groom my skills a bit. So I took the internship in an art gallery. There I was able to work on different themes and patterns using different strokes and techniques. I learned a lot of new things and so many paintings there inspired me a lot. Our instructor was a very fine artist and her paintings always inspired me. I was able to make abstract, floral, still life and different other types of paintings on canvas. With this internship, my mind was opened to creativity and my fingers used to work automatically reading whatever is in mind. My floral designs were always appreciated the most in the group and liked by my instructor too. Now I am fully ready to go about my plans as an artist and start my own collection and make my hobby and my interest, a profession.

Summer Finance internship

I am a finance student and last summer I decided to do internship in this subject. My interest in the subject was already there and after this internship I love studying this subject. Being placed at the finance department of a household product manufacturer, the task was to ensure the proper costing of all the products and to cut down the costs too by thinking of alternatives. We even visited the factory to see how much of an ingredient is consumed in the manufacturing of a single unit. There we also had to decide that if we decrease any ingredient from the recipe in order to reduce the cost what impact would it put over the product quality and performance. Another option was to use alternate ingredient that costs less. The basic aim is always to improve the product day by day while controlling the costs. The finance department has to take care of all these factors.

Helpful Lessons

In my internship program, the most interesting internship I thought would be in Human Resource. After studying the basic course and terms, we were placed into the Human Resource department of a multinational company. There it was the time for yearly appraisals and promotions. Our team along with the Human Resource department had series of meetings and discussions with the management over the performance of every employee. We learned evaluating performances of different employees, motivating employees and controlling the negative ideas and maintaining a healthy environment of work for maximum efficiency. I also got to know different attitudes and behaviors own should have in them in order to impress the management and what are those factors or habits one should completely avoid. With this internship I have learned all that what makes an employee efficient and successful and I will work on them to build in myself in order to be successful.

My new craze

I always wanted to be an RJ but as I didn’t choose it to be my career, I decided to study about media and have an internship in a radio station. Everyone around looked so busy at the station and just before a program was going to be aired, there was hustle bustle every where. Since everything was live, they had to make huge arrangements and ensure everything on time. What a good RJ should have is the presence of mind. There might be some technical issues during a program or something might not go right or as per plan, the person driving the show on air has to manage everything by quick response and ideas. Having a good voice is not just enough, it requires a lot more than that. Ever since after this internship, I rehearse programs while sitting in my room and may be one day I might have my own show on air.

The Internship was helpful and great

With so much competition in the market between similar products, it is most important to market the product well. Marketing is a very interesting subject and there is no end to it. One can think of many ways in order to market the product better. I was placed at the marketing company of a manufacturing company of packed milk. With 5 other major competitors in the market, they had to make their product stand out through marketing it better. While the basic product remains the same, they had to think of ways how could they highlight its superior and different taste and its purity these being the distinctive features of the product. It is very challenging for the marketers to always come up with new ideas and to ensure that their techniques would work because they don’t have the choice to fail or else they will be dropped out from the market. Irrespective of what other factors are and how they affect the sales, it is considered the responsibility of the marketer. I learned all this and my internship was very interesting and I had a lot of fun.

My Marketing Internship

Nowadays, when internet is such a strong tool of doing business, the need of web designers has increased drastically. Every business needs a website or more than one and hence this is a worth pursuing career. Being a computer student, my internet skills were already sharp but as I realized how important it is to be able to develop a website, I chose to have an internship in it. Now I can make a number of websites in just one day and while sitting at home I can earn by using this skill I have just acquired. There are so many employers around the globe who would hire you to do this job for you. The requirement for a good web developer is increasing day by day and I am sure I have a long long way to go whereas I have just started. The internship is paying off well for me.

The Bank Internship

I am an Accounting student and I aim to join a bank. So I chose internship in a bank. The lecture course of the internship helped me to make a strong base of my concepts and since there was no pressure of any class tests, exams or class participation, I learned freely. Then the internship in the bank helped to understand the overall culture, the procedures and also what methods of accounting are widely used in day-to-day procedures. What is it important to learn and what is the basic concept upon which all the banks are formed. How do they make money and how do they rotate it and how do they manage to gain profit. All banks work upon the same formula. I also got to observe closely the environment in banks and found out that banks are very well organized and disciplined as compared to other organizations or institutions. The internship was very useful overall.

My Hobby

I am a huge fan of art and I love making paintings using different concepts. So this summer I thought to give some to time this hobby of mine. Not only it was great working on different themes that our instructors provided us but also visiting different art galleries enhanced my imaginations and opened up new doors of ideas that can be incorporated in my work. My different techniques of making paintings were very well appreciated when I shared it with everyone. One of my paintings was also put on display at an art gallery. This internship gave me an opportunity to show my talent and groom it. I also got to know different techniques used by different artists across the globe. When the internship was about to end, I was so sad and I just wanted to extend it more but I had to join back my school. Now my house is full of my paintings and my room’s ceiling is a camouflage and the walls are my canvas.

Interesting Research Program

Research itself is a vast subject and needs a lot of expertise so I took this internship program to get an insight in to the subject and to understand the important tools and procedures. The internship got interesting because the project my group was given to do involved a lot of travelling and creativity. At the same time it was very tricky to get the right response from the target audience. We visited a lot of youngsters as our target audience and overall it was fun. We visited different colleges to get the response and the visits were very interesting. We got the response from the students on our product that whether or not it will be successful and a lot of times we got very interesting comments too. The project helped us in understanding on how to collect the background knowledge for a research project, what steps are involved and how to plan a research that would yield correct results.