Walk And Talk In Spain
Men with facepaint of France's flag Men with facepaint of France's flag

Walk And Talk In Spain

Review of "walk and talk" in Spain

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience in Spain this summer. My host family and I got along immensely well, and I was able to have a lifestyle/experience outside of Au Pairing. Along the way, I met so many wonderful people apart of this program and established great friendships with each of them that I'll strive to maintain forever. I have developed a very close relationship with my host mom and I am forever grateful for he connection we have forged. My family and I still remain in contact and will hopefully continue to do so for years to come.

The one thing that I wish had been more clear to me was where I was staying in Spain. I was told I was living in Granada when, in reality, I was living in a town that was a 30 minute bus ride from all of my friends, which made it a little more difficult to hang out and explore on the weekdays. Overall this program has been a great learning experience, giving me the tools to improve my Spanish, gain more independence, and to immerse myself with a new and foreign culture.

First Time Abroad

This was such an incredible experience! I had never traveled alone before so GeoVisions was great for me to get me out into the world. Now I want to explore everywhere! I had an amazing family and met so many incredible people. I would definitely do it again.

Spain Life

Being an au pair is super common in Spain. I met so many other people who were doing it. Unlike them, however, I was amazingly happy with the family I was placed with through Geovisions. I got to experience Spanish life in a small town outside of Madrid and still be well connected with the commuter train to Madrid to experience the city nightlife. Other people I met had less free time to explore the city/surrounding area or had complaints about the actual expectations of being an au pair. There was never any of that with my family.

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

Totally Amazing

I had a fantastic time on my trip and through the GeoVision's program. Throughout the whole application process, my questions were always answered and addressed in a timely matter and I felt confident that GeoVisions was working to find me a family. While abroad, I got to see and experience many new things! I always felt like I had the support of GeoVisions if I had needed them during my time away. It is a fantastic program and I had an amazing trip!

One of the best experiences of my life so far!

GeoVisions walk and talk program in Spain was an amazing experience. From the very beginning GeoVisions was there to help me with any questions or concerns I had. They helped me to get in touch with students who were also working in Spain, which made it easier to assimilate. Sara made sure to check up on me periodically during my trip to make sure I was adjusting well; she was great throughout my entire experience! The GeoVisions staff in Spain was wonderful as well and emailed me as soon as I got to Spain to welcome me. My host family was great and I will remember the memories made for a lifetime. GeoVisions is a wonderful way in which to explore different cultures and parts of the world; I would highly suggest it to anyone who wants to work and explore abroad. You will not regret it!

First time abroad