Internships In Ireland
Men with facepaint of France's flag Men with facepaint of France's flag

Internships In Ireland

Internship in Ireland

My time in Ireland was great but read the whole reply! I enjoyed my internship, the people I was working with were very nice and accommodating. The bus ride into Dublin was around an hour long but I didn't mind it. I would of rather lived closer, because it is a great city, but I was still happy where I was and went into the city most weekends. My host mum was also great; a very sweet, nice older lady that lived 15 minutes away from where I worked.

My only complaint and what I believe to be a BIG one was how Geovisions set everything up. They did a horrible job and the whole process was extremely frustrating!!! They were not great about keeping in contact with me. They first thought they found me and internship but the organization changed their mind and Geovisions didn't keep up with what was going on for weeks. Then, it was just two weeks away before I was supposed to leave and they still hadn't found me an internship (my first contact and payment with them was three months before). I was convinced I wasn't going and was very sad and frustrated about it. They finally found something and it worked out, but the plane tickets had increased by a couple hundred dollars. I am so lucky it worked out last minute and had a great time while there, but the process of working with Geovisions was a total mess. I recommend using a different company that does something similar.

Amazing Experience In Dublin

I'll never forget the people I met and the experiences I had while interning in Dublin. The Internship that GeoVisions connected me with was at an art gallery. Working at the gallery was interesting and I became very close to my bosses and some of the artists. I loved how GeoVisions found the internship and the housing for me, but didn't interfere with my trip at all. I had ultimate freedom in the city and that was my favorite aspect of the program. The only small issue was when I wanted to change my housing and find my own apartment to rent and not share, the company did not seem like they were willing to let me do this at first but eventually I was able to and I was much happier with my location and living situation. If you're considering applying for the Internship in Dublin through GeoVisions all I have to say is, DO IT!