Au Pair in Spain

• Host Company

• Compensation

• Professional Development

Great way to see Spain

After my au pair job in Spain, I will be going back home to Mississippi to prepare for my next job as an English teacher for grades 7-12. I have traveled a good bit during my time here and would highly recommend both Rome, Italy, and Barcelona, Spain. They were my favorite trips out of about 9/10 total trips.

If you come over as an au pair, don't be afraid to become attached to the kids! Your time will be more fulfilling in the long run. Also, ask ahead of time when the long weekends are if you want to travel. GeoVisions sets you up to email or Skype with the family before you leave home. So make sure they understand you are also there to travel. It can make life much easier.

I found a walk and talk group which met once a week and allowed me to learn secret insights into Madrid, which is where I have been since January. There are several types of ways to meet people and really make the most of your experience.

This program has given me the ability to listen more and I have forced myself to immerse myself into a culture much, much different than my own. I now prioritize my wellbeing more in comparison to having been a college student who never worried about anything other than classes.

• Host Company

• Compensation

• Professional Development

Au Pair in Spain

I was an Au Pair in Spain for three months and had a wonderful experience! I was placed with a family that I fit with very well. It was important to remember that cultures will be different but overall the kindness of people worldwide is the same. I learned so much about the Spanish culture and was able to bring part of my culture to them as well. I saw an improvement with the kids and their English and I definitely learned a lot of Spanish while being over there. I got to travel on the weekends and see so many unique places! It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.

I Lived, Taught And Learned With An Amazing Family In Spain.

I lived with an great host family in Almeria, in southern Spain. It was a great experience to learn Spanish, practice teaching skills and travel abroad. I worked 20 hours a week teaching lessons and always speaking english to the children. The rest of my time was free to explore and adventure! I was able to spend quality time with the family and travel independently. Overall I was fortunate to meet a lot of great people and connections and see a lot of Europe!

Fun And Hard Work In Spain

I thought the price for the program was fairly reasonable. I found the GeoVisions staff to be communicative (even more so than myself) and very friendly. The family was nice, patient, and was well-prepared to have me. I learned a lot about the culture of Northern Spain and became close to the family and plan to keep in touch.

Amazing And Difficult Experiences

My time in Spain was incredible. I absolutely fell in love with Spain. The idea of getting food, shelter, and some allowance with days and some weekends free is great. It is slightly risky as my family was rather difficult to live with. I feel it was worth it to be immersed in the family culture, and get to do so much traveling on my own. I feel that this experience has caused me to grow and change for the better.

A Wonderful Experience In Spanish Culture.

I had an awesome experience through the Geovisions Au Pair in Spain program. I met some amazing people that I will forever be friends with over there. The family I lived with welcomed me with open arms and loved me as if I was part of the family. My only problem was that I went in with such big expectations. I should have read more into the job description, I was over there more as a language assistant rather than au pair. It was my job to sit down with each of the family members for an hour and teach them English. This was difficult for me only because I hadn't had any training in teaching English. Overall, it was an experience that I will never forget, and it has opened the door for so many more opportunities.