Madagascar Teaching, Wildlife & Diving
Frontier participants Frontier participants

Madagascar Teaching, Wildlife & Diving

This trip will never be forgotten!

I honestly don’t think I could have had a better time. The running of the project and the location is perfect. Even though the living is very basic and there are a lot of daily chores. The house is homely and you feel closer to the community as the house is in the village centre and you are living the same lifestyle. This trip will never be forgotten!!!!!!!

Great experience

The best aspects was generally collecting data which is later passed on to help local knowledge and understanding of coral and fish species. Great experience in general life skills life talking to locals and organising road trips.

I greatly enjoyed my time

All the conditions were as good as or exceeded my expectations and I greatly enjoyed my time. I understood the aims, objectives and results that were explained clearly and really enjoyed the survey work. Had an amazing time on the project and greatly enjoyed it.

The project coordinator was a big help

The project coordinator was a big help in setting up our transport from Sihanookeville. We would not have gotten there with out him, as it is out of the way from anything touristy. Once one site, the briefing was very informative.

I loved sleeping in the hammocks

The info that was provided on the website and before I left was great. The training was great, best part being the fish surveys. The camp was great and the staff were good cooks. I loved sleeping in the hammocks.

The site it self was better than what I had expected

The site it self was better than what I had expected, staff were great. Best part being the surveys and educational workshops in the local school.

I had a great time

On the first few days of the project we had a great time. We were met at the airport and felt very welcome we were taken to a hotel and then later taken out to dinner. The next day we were taken to camp where we integrated into the group. For me what stood out on the project was the diving getting my open PAD qualification going out every day diving was amazing. I would defiantly recommend for future volunteers to go on a tour the Irangi tour and go see the waterfalls it is a paradise out there. There is so much to see and do, the dolphins the baby turtles, snorkelling.

Madagascar

The Madagascar marine project is an excellent programme which allows people to grow and learn in an exceptional environment. The wildlife is extraordinary and the people make it even better. The local culture is fantastic with delicious (and shockingly cheap street food) and you'll never tire of the hustle and bustle of Hellville.