Madagascar Teaching
Frontier participants Frontier participants

Madagascar Teaching

I really enjoyed the activities

When I arrived at the project it was a shock at first. The environment was very different to what I'm used to but it was really good I got on with the people there. I really enjoyed the teaching, the snorkelling, quad bike, swimming with the dolphins and the turtles. I would recommend that future volunteers definitely do the project and do as much as they can don't waste any time and make the locals your best friends mine was an eight-year-old child.

Fantastic Experience

I liked how much freedom we had but also how well informed Flo and Celine were if we needed
anything.

Being able to live in the town and in camp was so special, I felt like I got two trips for the price of one.

Being able to live and thrive in a new setting was a fantastic experience for me, knowing that I could be so far our of my comfort zone and still feel like I was being a useful member of the project was great.

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

one month Madagascar

My time in Madagascar has been a great experience valued for live. The teaching Programm itself is great fun and all students are so lovely! They are always open and curious, not only interested in the English course but also in you as a person. It's great to do things with some student apart from the normal classes and gives a great feeling for the country and it's culture. Some things going on around the project itself, in terms of support, on-site staff, topics taught, etc unfortunately did not meet my expectations but the teaching aspect itself I really enjoyed.

• Host School or Placement

• Compensation & Benefits

• Support Services

Diverse and rewarding

I spent a month teaching and found it a highly rewarding and diverse experience.

I taught adults and children's classes at the summer school in Hellville. I also taught in the village school next to camp and I ran/helped with youth club too. I particularly liked the focus on working with the community rather than dictating to them, for example we often worked with more advanced youth club members to lead sessions for beginners.

I think the fact that you get to teach in Hellville and camp is such a unique thing about this project because it means you can experience aspects of marine and conservation projects too. I swam with turtles and spotted lemurs between lesson planning!

I found Hellville a bit daunting at first but i soon found myself feeling comfortable there because i was surrounded by people I knew from school or youth club or just locals I had got to know.

This project will teach you to improvise and cope with all sorts of new challenges but it's such a fantastic experience. Go for as long as possible to make it really worth while!

A brilliant experience

The best aspects of the project were the weekend trips, spending time with the other people here, getting to know the people here. Would like to see more information on day to day life before coming.

Overall I really loved it! The whole month was completely incredible and such a brilliant
experience.

Thanks for an amazing time in Madagascar

Thanks for an amazing time in Madagascar. The description prior to my departure was described the life on camp very well.