Madagascar Marine Conservation & Diving
Frontier participants Frontier participants

Madagascar Marine Conservation & Diving

Diving in Madagascar

Staff have been great fun and made lots of effort to be helpful and friendly. Food was different each day which was nice.

Got to dive multiple times a day. Learnt so much about the marine environment and species here. Plenty of other things to do outside of project and all staff and volunteers have been great fun.

Excellent staff

Overall experience has been much easier than I expected. Food and living conditions much better than expected. Staff were excellent, very friendly, always working hard to make the camp life enjoyable and interesting.

The best part of the project was the marine diving

I did not know what to expect for the first few days I was walking into the unknown however everyone was very friendly from the outset. I think the project itself has set a good platform to move forward. For me the best part of the project was the marine diving and meeting lots of new people, doing the quizzes and the food. We would sit around the campfire which was great fun. we learnt so much interacting with the animals. I recommend to future volunteers to get prepared for anything nothing is run to schedule in this country be very laid-back and patient. Things are done differently in third world countries compared to England the quicker you get used to how laid-back things are, the more you can enjoy where you are and what you are doing.

I learnt so much

I went on the project with my brother and I learnt so much during this time I feel as though I could work anywhere now. It has given me the confidence to achieve anything in life. I can deal with things going wrong and calmly look for a solution and put it into practice. For me the most enjoyable part of the project was gaining the management experience. I have done lots of research experience in the past but to be able to manage people and build a rapport with them was the highlight for me. I think the project can be improved by showing an understanding of why conservation is needed many of the volunteers do not understand the reasoning why we collect the data analysis so it would be great to have a little bit more emphasis on on this. As Volunteers collect data but do not analyse it and do not understand the reasons behind it. Volunteers should bring a good mosquito repellent and make sure that their torch is a good torch as often there is no power here so can become very very dark without a torch.

I had a wonderful experience

I had a wonderful experience on the project I got a lot out of it I did a four week diving BTEC where I carried out lots of surveys. I most enjoyed the marine biology side of the project, I did lots of driving, carried out surveys and collected data. I recommend the future volunteers bring mosquito repellent and a good head torch as there is no power sometimes.

I most enjoyed scuba-diving every day on this project

The first few days were really good in Madagascar someone meet me at the airport and took us too camp we began scuba-diving. I most enjoyed scuba-diving every day on this project. I recommend that future volunteers bring lots of snacks with them as it is a very remote place. I do not have any suggestions on how you could improve the project.

Missing Madagascar

Just go back from 4 great weeks on the Frontier Manta Camp. The Frontier conservation camp in Northern Madagascar. Time just flew past with loads of diving and fun education days in the local village. Seen turtles, moray eels, lion fish, dolphin and loads of coral.
So amazing.
Volunteers are really fun and locals are warm and welcoming, the staff are awesome, but bad a football. I'm missing mad so much.

Madagascar diving

The welcome to the country was very warm with Orsi picking us up at the airport and settlinging us in. And then got to meet some of the team for dinner.

The best aspect was the overall ambience and the energy in camp. Had an amazing 2 months here, loved the diving, the forest walks the dedication of the staff and the obvious love for nature.