Fiji Shark Conservation
Frontier participants Frontier participants

Fiji Shark Conservation

Interesting and exciting

I would like to thank the staff for making my trip so enjoyable, far more interesting and exciting then anything else I could of done this summer, it’s really opened my eyes to a different world and I believe has made me more intendant as a person, thanks again for going the extra mile in every way!

Amazing project

Living all together in a camp, working together, cooking together, cleaning together, Mangrove projects, surveys – Shark, Fish and Benthic. Nothing needs changing.

Please use this space for any additional comments about your project or overall experience:
Celebrating my 21st Birthday over here was truly magical, I will never forget the people or project. I just love everything and everyone so much, Ive had the best time of my life and I would recommend it to everyone I know.

I would like to thank all of the staff for being amazing, supportive, helpful, caring, pushing me to be the best I can be, training, and just generally living with a group of truly amazing people who genuinely care about the conservation of the ocean and reefs. It has inspired me and left me feeling so happy. I would particularly like to give a special mention to Jess again for looking after me when I first arrived regardless of not knowing if I was actually a part of the frontier project. I quote, “I just couldn’t leave you by yourself in the middle of Fiji not knowing if you were going to be okay.” I have never met a person who’s so happy to help and full of life. She’s irreplaceable to the project and pulled everything together and made it work. I can’t sing her praises enough really. Amazing team, amazing location, amazing project. Thank you, Frontier, for making my 21st birthday something I will never ever forget.

Friendly and welcoming

Everyone was so friendly and welcoming that were already on the project and everyone arriving at the same time as me was as well. The staff were all great, passionate about their subjects and were very informative both in regards to the project and general marine biology career advice which I’m really appreciative of. The diving was in all regards (sites, guidance and equipment) excellent and very well run, I loved all the dives I went on.

An extra solar panel for the camp would be really helpful, for powering lights and staff electrics as I felt that that was a source of some stress to staff and others on camp. Potentially adding some more concrete/secure paving to common paths around camp would be helpful to prevent slipping and increase cleanliness on camp.

Amazing diving

This project was probably one of the best experiences of my life. Everyone I have met are incredibly interesting and wonderful to talk to. The diving is amazing and I couldn’t recommend coming to this project enough.