Costa Rica Teaching
Frontier participants Frontier participants

Costa Rica Teaching

The staff was nice

Met as I stepped off the plane and walked straight to house. The coordinator very friendly, informative and understanding.

Fantastic

The in country training was fantastic, Harriette was very informative. This was both professional and personal and very clear and helpful. Staff are fantastic, professional and friendly. Lots to do as I was kept busy and entertained. Massive thumbs up for Harriette and Beya. Really lovely people that make the trip here totally worth while.

My time teaching and living on camp in Costa Rica

I liked the fact that we could go to the other camp and experience the wildlife there. The orientation was useful to know however I feel like a lot of it you learn whilst you're doing the teaching/community work.

The most fun part was the teaching hours and I wish there was more of them. The best aspects were being able to experience the culture and help out the community as well as teaching the kids. Areas that could be improved would be more teaching hours, safer cooking pots and a shower with power haha!

A review of Costa Rica teaching

Everything was on point, except for when I landed in Golfito and had to take a bot. That was not what I expected but I ended up enjoying it. The orientation was good.

Everything ended up being good. There weren't any moments where I felt upset about something. The food was the only thing that could've been better.

The best aspects of the project were teaching the children.

Very worthwhile

I was met at the airport by the project co-ordinator at the correct time, the transfer to the house itself was smooth and the tour of the town and the brief at the project were both conducted very professionally and efficiently, while any questions I had were addressed and explained thoroughly. The teaching experience with the children, and the building of relationships with them was the most unforgettable part of this trip. I have given a high rating as I felt that everything was explained to me very well, it seemed to be well organized and there were opportunities to work within the community. I also felt that the work was very worthwhile and was doing real good in and for the community, and my expectations were met.

Overall I really enjoyed it

Overall I really enjoyed the teaching and the local town,but after a couple of weeks you tend have done what there is to do in the town, so if coming for longer than 4 weeks, I would definitely plan to some things outside of Puerto Jimenez.