Central America Ethical Adventure Trail

Central America Ethical Adventure Trail

• Satisfaction

• Itinerary

My experience in Central America

Best aspects of the project:
I really enjoyed the wide range of activities we took part in. I enjoyed staying in Antigua and Utila the most, perhaps because these were the places we stayed the longest at so we had time to settle down and rest before travelling again.

Areas that could be changed:
I feel that the teaching in Honduras could have been improved massively, I was very disappointed with the organisation and professionalism of those involved. I felt that the teachers hadn’t been prompted that we were coming and were only told upon our arrival, thus hadn’t planned anything. This made it really hard for us to help with the class and I felt as if I wasn’t helping the children whatsoever.

• Satisfaction

• Itinerary

I very much enjoyed the trail

I didn’t really have any expectations of the trail, so overall, I have had such a good time and am so pleased with the trail and all that has happened – I have had such a fab time. The conditions of the trail have been good – Central America is cool.

All accommodation was good. Favourite would be Selina’s in Antigua. I’m not fussy so I don’t really mind where we stay anyway.

Hygiene was cool.

I think medical problems were dealt with well. I was lucky enough to be fine on the trail, but others who got ill were really looked after.

I felt very safe on the trail. We weren’t allowed to go to Nicaragua due to the protests, which was a real shame, but definitely for the best. (And it meant we got to go to Monteverde instead – and I thought that was so great as I wanted to go anyway, and it was so fun – The way it was sorted out and changed was very professional).

Overall I enjoyed myself so much on the trail. Something I would have changed was to have team bonding games organised by trail leaders at the beginning – to get to know each other quicker and in a fun way. I thought our group took a little while to be completely comfortable around each other, and if I think fun team bonding games on day 1/2/3 would have really helped people be less shy and for us to bond quicker.

I feel a lot more world wise.

The project was a new experience. A lot of hard work but I think it's something that builds character. I'm happy I did it, I feel a lot more world wise. After this I can do anything and eat anything! Thanks you Chloe for all the hard work you put in to the trail.

Central American ethical adventure trail review

I've just come back from my Central America Ethical Adventure Trail and i'm missing it already. The Frontier trail leader did so well to make this an amazing cultural and insightful experience. My time teaching will live with me forever, along with all the exciting adventures through Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua & Costa Rica. Yes that’s 5 countries. I would definitely recommend this project.

In love with Central America!

Before I arrived I wasn’t sure what the food would be like and thought I would lose some weight. However, I have never eaten so much in my life! I'm not sure how I will go on without my breakfast Burrito and daily Tacos. The group have been great, after just 2 weeks I feel like I've known them for years and everyone really pulls together and helps each other out. My favourite place we have stayed is probably in the Jungle palace in Palenque. It was beautiful and great to hear all the animals at night. I'm really looking forward to volunteering at a school in Honduras and of course doing scuba diving! Loving the trip and love Frontier...Can't recommend it enough!