Canada: Abbotsford, Calgary, Churchill and 6 other cities
- Animal Welfare
- Volunteer Management
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
All year round
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
- Placement: Wild life rehabilitation volunteer experience
- Airport Pickup: We will be waiting for you at the airport and transfer you to your accommodation.
- Hostel Package: 2 nights of hostel in Vancouver upon arrival
- Accommodation: A Shared room in a trailer for the entire placement duration at volunteer project
- Meals: 3 basic meals a day included (no catering available for vegetarians)
- In country transfer: you will transfer by bus to the project
- Pick up & drop off: An employee of the volunteer project will pick you up from the nearest bus station. On your way back they will drop you off at the nearest bus station.
- Mail-holding service: You can use our Fronteering office as a reliable address to have your mail delivered
- Ongoing service: If there are any problems with your volunteer project we are always there to help you and mediate between yourself and the organization.
- Tours: Through Fronteering you have the possibility to book tours in Canada after you have finished your volunteer project.
- 24/7 Emergency contact: If there are any problems during your stay in Vancouver you can reach us 24/7 to assist you.
Salary & Compensation
- Required to commit to a minimum of 4 weeks (longer durations required to take care of the bears)
- Must complete 2-4 days of training and shadow a senior volunteer before starting independent shifts
- No smoking is allowed on the property.
- Strong work ethics are required: reliable, responsible, honest, good sense of humor and dependable
- Physically and mentally fit
- Age: 19-35
- No animal allergies
- The care of animals must be secured around the clock and work may include night shifts Free Time: Can be arranged according to your needs
- Extreme Weather (heat & cold), dirt and living in a remote area must be something you can handle.
- A love for animals and some general experience of caring for an animal is a must!
- Must read and agree to abide by guidelines and ethics
- Proof of current tetanus shot & medical insurance; Good physical stamina and health
- Good communication skills and the ability to work alone
- Good knowledge of the English language both spoken and written
- Patient and comfortable around mammals and birds
- A valid driver's license would be an asset, but is not required.
- Written Application