Animal Release Center Grounds Maintenance
FreeWildlifeBrazil Celine Header Image FreeWildlifeBrazil Celine Header Image

Animal Release Center Grounds Maintenance

How to be addicted to the Atlantic Forest!

Staying for a month at IPBio Reserve enabled me to learn about a wide range of paramount fields within the International volunteering actions. From the fascinating scientific research projects of the Institute to the discovery of the World Natural Heritage that the Atlantic Forest represents, there is so much that has caught my interests.
I mainly did some gardening, outdoor maintenance in the Reserve, taking care of vegetable patches, Begonia Herbarium and all sorts of plantations. Work closely with the gardener was an amazing opportunity to learn from him, and be directly immersed in the local life. There are projects to be done at any time, any kind of weather, and developing adaptation skills is essential, in order to be able to enjoy fully the diversed missions of the Research Institute. I particularly enjoyed being around locals and having lots of occasions to discover Brazilian authentic life, and wildlife. Everyone is so welcoming, that you can only leave thinking you have to be back one day.
IPBio Institute is key to the conservation of the biodiversity, and volunteering there will truly make you feel part of the protection of our Future.

Awesome experience!

I had a wonderful time at Reserva Betary!
Living in the middle of the rainforest was so different from everything I knew! I worked with Rafael, the gardener. Helping him with trail maintenance was a good choice for me. Even though it was definitely the hardest I have ever physically worked, the environment is so different to what I am used to and there was so much new to learn and see. I enjoyed my time in the garden very much.
Rafael is the most patient and kind person, and we got along really well. In general, the people I lived with are all together extraordinary and make you feel like you are at home here. Everybody seems very happy to welcome you. Living with the other volunteers was also very cool. Since it was my first time volunteering, I expected there to be more difficulties, but we had a great time!
Summing it all up, I definitely recommend staying. I am sure you will enjoy your time there!