Reserve Maintenance
FreeWildlifeBrazil Celine Header Image FreeWildlifeBrazil Celine Header Image

Reserve Maintenance

Outdoor, fun, rewarding hardwork

Reserve maintenance is just great, I got to be part of a long-time project, see results, do some outdoor hard work, being helpful and seeing how the work takes form. I got to work with Isaias, the Release Center Manager, a really great guy, I still don’t know if he ever sleeps, he never stops working (and there is always something to do!), we would fix the road to make it easier to get the reserve, carry birds cages, cut trees for the inside structure of the aviary, paint, dig, make and maintain a water pond out in the jungle to take the water to the reserve and make artificial lakes, all this while eating fresh cut bananas, seeing different birds, snakes, etc. His hyperactive nature was contradictory with his patience, if I got something wrong, or was too slow, he would always keep a smile, help me to understand the job better or just doing it by himself.
So, summing up, I saw hundreds of life forms I’ve never seen before (snakes, birds, plants, insects, etc), learn about the Atlantic forest, practice my Portuguese, learn to use an axe and climbing vines and just got to do outdoor hard work, for a project I believe in, which is already enough in my opinion.