Fashion Week Internships - Milan
FWI FWI

Fashion Week Internships - Milan

A truly fruitful experience

I had a truly fruitful experience, working with the online product descriptions, analysing new stock and creating product codes for these. My workplace was fast paced flowing, nurturing and fascinating, to envisage the first hands on approach of navigating all of the useful, key steps, within the global fashion empire.
Making life long colleague friends within the workplace: whom I shall be sad to depart from, which in hindsight I have equally enjoyed the challenge of learning a poetic language, immersing myself in history, as well as being surrounding by authentic passion for fashion, coupled with the backbone of gaining firm skills and qualities, both professional and personal, has allowed to develop, flourish and blossom, in aiding my current MA research in creative practice, within the textiles based field. I have much to be appreciative for and I take this most humble opportunity to do so and thank from the bottom of my heart, the program leaders for this wonderful opportunity.

Summer, fashion, and fun in Paris!

Words cannot explain the experience I received this past summer, I am forever grateful to Fashion Week Internships for the experience I have gained interning in Paris, France. My summer was filled with experiences that can never be coined or traded. My first day arriving in Paris was overwhelming and eventful. I fell in love with the city, fashion, architecture, and the energy that filled the city day and night.

I had the opportunity to intern for the marketing team in a great PR company. This company dealt with work in all aspects of fashion; from runway, showrooms, advertisement, blogs, and to branding. I enjoyed working with my team, my supervisor was very helpful and informative when it came to specific topics. She was fantastic in delegating work and was always willing to help. Making sure I had work that suited my interest, she kept keeping the team informed on Paris fashion, its trends and notions. Doing the internship has opened doors towards my career especially in fashion.

The social life in Paris was remarkable. I had a great time visiting key landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame de Paris, The louvre, and lastly the Arc de Triomphe located at the center on Champs-Élysées. I dine the nights out on weekends at one of the best restaurants Paris has to offer. Being in the fashion capital of the world, I was intrigued by the men and women who strived to dress like the fashionable socialite. Well, so did I!

Ciao Milano

Overall the internship went really well. It has some ups and downs during the first week while I got used to the pace, but as I gained confidence I absolutely loved it. By the end I became more knowledgeable about the collections, and I felt comfortable talking to buyers, press and other people about the brand. I'm glad I stayed the extra weeks to learn about Italy which is so beautiful and so different to home.