Contemporary Art and Venice Biennale course in Venice
European Cultural Academy  Header Image European Cultural Academy  Header Image

Contemporary Art and Venice Biennale course in Venice

European cultural academy

At the European Cultural Academy I completed all three weeks of the Contemporary Art and Venice Biennale courses in Venice, Italy this past August 2017. As a graduate student currently working towards receiving my masters in Arts Management I jumped at the opportunity to study in Venice when I learned about the course through The Jealous Curator. The experience was amazing and I loved every second of it. Maria and Alex are extremely dedicated to the program and have created an in-depth curriculum for individuals seeking to improve their knowledge in the field of contemporary arts and museum management.

An amazing week of art

Of course in Venice everything is amazing, but the week of this program made it even better. We were in for an interesting series of lectures that gave insight into the art world and the structure of the Venice Biennale.
The lectures were mixed with activities, and hands on assignments that got the group even more involved and made the intense week also very enjoyable.
The group consisted of an unlikely collection of a wide variety of participants, people I would not have met otherwise, but from whom I have learnt a lot.

Highly recommended for anyone working or wanting to work in the field of art!

Project Venice

In this course I learned so many things, I had the opportunity to organize and curate an exhibition in the same place that the most famous artists' artworks from all over the world were exhibited. It was a life-changing lesson. I could never relate to the curator's status/position best, as I curated an exhibition from the beginning until the end. It was harsh but I learned so many things about the art world in 2017. The best thing about the project was the friendships and the open-minded people I made and met!