Support Ugandan Youths through sports and skills training
Environmental Conservation and Agricultural Enhancement Uganda (Eco-Agric Uganda) Header Image Environmental Conservation and Agricultural Enhancement Uganda (Eco-Agric Uganda) Header Image

Support Ugandan Youths through sports and skills training

Awesome

I went to Uganda for a month. From the outset I found everyone friendly, approachable and professional. When I booked my placement for voluntary work, a member of staff called me and answered all the queries I had. I stayed with a family in Itara where work was really rewarding and I shared a lot of laughs with the kids, despite the language barrier!
The homestay that I stayed with were so welcoming and made me feel like part of the family. It was such an eye-opener to see how a Ugandan family live day to day. It helped that the mum of the family was an amazing cook and I watched her a couple of times to get a few tips.
I will never forget my time in Uganda. On the first night, all the volunteers and staff went out for dinner, so you got to know like-minded people straight away and never really felt on your own. The flexibility of the project made the trip even more enjoyable as I knew that if there were any problems or if I wanted to move to another placement I could, and this gave me peace of mind.

It was worth

I’m really glad I joined Eco-Agric Uganda as a volunteer for three months in October 2016. The work and time there was enriching and it feels good to have contributed to the livelihoods of rural communities in I´ll also miss the like-minded, friendly, committed staff and volunteers at the organisation. The staff provided a good balance between serious work and fun.
The residence is very comfortable and secure and has an outstanding view. The garden has plenty of vegetables and a variety of tasty fruits.

Economic Empowerment of vulnerable households in Hoima district, Uganda

The work being done by the organisation with vulnerable house holds as regards economic strengthening is a great one. I observed many households that had started small enterprises to ensure that at least they get what to eat and sell a little. This is through kitchen gardening and rear of croilers.

• Environmental Conservation and Agricultural Enhancement Uganda (Eco-Agric Uganda) responded to this review June 01, 2017 at 10:50 PM

Dear Julian, thank you so much for supporting the families. We real enjoyed hosting you. Please come again

Volunteer

Their is need to improve on Health and salty day today life and also living situation.On program administration its OK. The overall experience on my side its good and i have lat a lot that is all about.