Namibia: Gobabis, Rural Areas, Windhoek
- Animal Welfare
- Veterinary Science
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 3-6 Months, 5-8 Weeks
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
* Pre-departure support: You will have a staff member available to support you throughout your time preparing to go abroad. In addition, you will be provided with a detailed pre-departure email with information you need regarding your travel, preparation and destination.
* Accommodation at Noah's Ark
* Transfer between Windhoek and Noah's Ark
* Activities at Noah's Ark
* Project donation
* Reference letter and/or compliance with your college or university for course credit (upon request)
* Travel/medical Insurance
* Pocket money for personal purchases, excursions away from Noah's Ark., and pre/post project travel
* We do not have discounted rates for partial weeks
- Group living
Salary & Compensation
Training will be provided by staff at the project. A full introduction covering all aspects of working at this project is given to volunteers upon arrival. Volunteers are then allocated a supervisor, who will oversee the volunteers' daily work. A manual is given to each volunteer which will include details of responsibilities, policies and procedures of the farm, the organizational structure, code of conduct and clear guidelines of all aspects of working practices.
Noah's Ark is only accepting volunteers of 18-40 years. If you are over 40 years and had your heart set on a hands-on experience with wildlife, we would highly recommend the Namibia Wildlife Sanctuary, Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, Baboon Sanctuary or Vervet Monkey Sanctuary.
- Online Application