Costa Rica: Liberia, Rural Areas
- Childcare & Children
- Community Development
- Computer Training
- English Teaching
- Youth Development
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks
Throughout the year
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Varies by duration. Contact us for details.
* Pre-departure Support: ELI's staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in San Jose and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Costa Rica.
* In-country Staff Support: ELI's Costa Rica coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Costa Rica. He is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Costa Rican life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants.
* Spanish Instruction: Participants will receive one week (20 hours) of Spanish instruction at a local Spanish language school. Participants wanting more Spanish instruction can enroll in additional classes.
Native or near-native speaker of English, with at least a basic knowledge of Spanish.
- Written Application
- Online Application