Costa Rica: Liberia, Rural Areas
- Childcare & Children
- Community Development
- Computer Training
- English Teaching
- Youth Development
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks
Throughout the year
18 and up
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Cost in USD
Varies by duration. Contact us for details.
* Pre-departure Support: ELI's staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in San Jose and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Costa Rica.
* In-country Staff Support: ELI's Costa Rica coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Costa Rica. He is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Costa Rican life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants.
* Spanish Instruction: Participants will receive one week (20 hours) of Spanish instruction at a local Spanish language school. Participants wanting more Spanish instruction can enroll in additional classes.
Native or near-native speaker of English, with at least a basic knowledge of Spanish.
- Written Application
- Online Application