Cost in USD per week
Costs vary. Please contact us for details
* Pre-departure Support: ELI's staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers and interns to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Mérida and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Ecuador, city tours and help with transportation.
* In-country Staff Support: ELI's Mexico coordinator is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Mexican life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants. Host families are eager to welcome volunteers and are a fantastic resource for learning about the local culture and sights.
These internships require a background in tourism, marketing, finance or related fields. Interns in this program must have an intermediate level of Spanish knowledge, and commit to at least 6 months.
- Online Application
- Written Application