Volunteers for this program do not have to speak Spanish but must be comfortable in an entirely Spanish speaking environment. Participants must commit to at least a 4-week program and be in good physical condition.
Cost in US$:
Costs vary. Please contact us for details
- In-country orientation/Training
- In-country staff support
- Registration fees
- Written materials pre-departure
Program Fees Include:
* Pre-departure Support: ELI's staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers and interns to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Mérida and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Mexico, city tours and help with transportation.
* In-country Staff Support: ELI's Mexico coordinator is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Ecuadorian life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants. Host families are eager to welcome volunteers and are a fantastic resource for learning about the local culture and sights.
- Animal Welfare
- Biological Research
- Marine Conservation
There is no typical ELI volunteer. We work with people from all over the world and a variety of backgrounds. ELI has placed volunteers ranging in age from 18-81. Successful volunteers are flexible, upbeat, energetic, and inquisitive.
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Written Application