- Biomedical Science
- Health Administration
- Health Sciences
- Kinesiology & Exercise Science
- Physical Therapy
- Social Work
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Public Health
- Social Work
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
Throughout the year
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Varies by duration. Contact us for details.
* Pre-departure Support: ELI's staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Nairobi and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Kenya, a historical overview and introduction to culture, survival Swahili lessons, a morning safari in Lake Nakuru National Park, and visits to sites in Nairobi such as the US embassy which was bombed in 1998 and the elephant orphanage.
* In-country Staff Support: ELI's Kenya coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Kenya. She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Kenyan life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants.
Interns must be pre-med or medical students. Volunteers must be medical professionals.
- Written Application
- Online Application