- Biomedical Science
- Health Administration
- Health Sciences
- Kinesiology & Exercise Science
- Physical Therapy
- Social Work
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Public Health
- Social Work
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
Throughout the year
18 and up
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Cost in USD
Varies by duration. Contact us for details.
* Pre-departure Support: ELI's staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Nairobi and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Kenya, a historical overview and introduction to culture, survival Swahili lessons, a morning safari in Lake Nakuru National Park, and visits to sites in Nairobi such as the US embassy which was bombed in 1998 and the elephant orphanage.
* In-country Staff Support: ELI's Kenya coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Kenya. She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Kenyan life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants.
Interns must be pre-med or medical students. Volunteers must be medical professionals.
- Written Application
- Online Application