Marketing and Public Relations Internships in Dublin
ELI volunteers bathing the elephants ELI volunteers bathing the elephants

Marketing and Public Relations Internships in Dublin

It was a great experience

The application process was excellent. Everything was prompt and went smoothly. Staff was very helpful and timely with answering e-mails. And the ELI Portal definitely helped to keep things organized.

Malissa Spero was my advisor and she was amazing! Always timely with her responses and very informative. She always made me feel comfortable about taking this trip and confident in using this program. Upon arrival I went to orientation in Dublin and we met everyone else who was just arriving to do a similar thing, and they told us some norms within our country and showed us a map of how to get around, as well as, how to act with our host families. My in-country coordinator was David. He was awesome, and very friendly. He made us all feel welcome and comfortable. He was so helpful through everything.

I worked for a communications company outside the city center. It was amazing! A typical day was me coming in at about 10 and I would do my daily measuring of articles in the media for one of our clients, and then I would send e-mails, look up information that I was asked to gather, and wrote press releases. I also got to brainstorm pitch ideas for a new coffee shop that was set to open after my departure.

I stayed with a host family and they were great. It was a single mother, 18-year-old son and 10-year-old daughter. We had no problems, she was very lenient, always had dinner around the same time on the table and offered me more than she had too. It was a great experience and I plan to keep in touch with them!