- Creative Writing
Throughout the year
This Program is open to
Worldwide, American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, Kiwi and European Participants.
Cost in USD
Costs vary depending on duration. Please contact us for details
* Pre-departure Support: ELI's staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers and interns to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Quito and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Ecuador, city tours, help with transportation, and optional Spanish classes
* In-country Staff Support: ELI's Ecuador coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Ecuador. She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Ecuadorian life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants. Host families are eager to welcome volunteers and are a fantastic resource for learning about the local culture and sights.
Experience RequiredYes. Participants must have a demonstrated interest in writing such as working for a school paper or other publication. Writing samples are required as part of the application packet. Interns more interested in photography must include a portfolio as part of their application.
Participants in the Ecuador programs must speak Spanish at an intermediate level or higher and be prepared to live and work in a Spanish speaking environment. ELI can arrange for language lessons to complement the program. Participant with this program must have a demonstrated interest in journalism and submit clips or a portfolio as part of the application process. Participants should also be flexible, adaptable, and open to experiencing a new culture.
- Online Application
- Written Application