- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Childcare & Children
- Community Centers
- Health Care
- Health Education
- Human Rights
- Public Health
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
throughout the year
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples.
Cost in USD per week
starting at USD925 please contact us for details
* Pre-departure Support: ELI's expert staff will be happy to assist you with planning your trip
* Airport Pickup: Participants are met when they arrive at the airport in Chennai and brought to the program accommodation
* In-Country Orientation: Each program starts with a 2-3 day orientation to help participants get their feet on the ground and able to navigate South India
* In-country Staff Support: ELI's India coordinator has years of experience working with Volunteers, Interns, and Study Abroad Students. He is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Participants stay in housing associated with the project and are provided with three basic vegetarian meals a day.
- Group living
Participants in this program need to be patient and culturally sensitive. The only required language is English, but knowledge of Tamil is very helpful. Many of the organizations' clients may not be able to speak English.
- Online Application
- Written Application