Professional Internships in Ecuador
El Nomad Study Abroad Programs in Ecuador  Header Image El Nomad Study Abroad Programs in Ecuador  Header Image

Professional Internships in Ecuador

Local, Authentic and Caring

I completed my almost 300 hours of internship requirement the summer of 2010 with El Nomad. I lived in Cuenca, only a mile or so from the El Nomad office. From day one I felt so taken care of and I knew if I ever needed any help or assistance Arturo or Rebecca would be there in a heartbeat- even at 9 months pregnant!

I really appreciated how there never was a middle man with El Nomad, especially having experienced that with other exchange programs before. I appreciated supporting a local agency with real ties to the country, its people and culture.

I will never forget after the 6.9 earthquake and less than 60 seconds later, receiving a call from El Nomad making sure I was okay- not something I would ever have expected from any other organization. Even 2 years later I still feel like I have a family in Cuenca and I have El Nomad to thank for that amazing feeling.

All in all, a highly recommended organization and country!

Once (maybe twice) in a lifetime experience!

Working with El Nomad in my immersion experience far exceeded all of my expectations. I was unprepared for the amount of amazing content I was exposed to and I would recommend El Nomad for further excursions to Ecuador. The program was set up in a way where I was allowed to experience the beauty of a deeply beautiful latin american country, but also free to be myself and blaze my own path, tailored towards my interests.