Community Work in the Amazon Rainforest | Ecuador
- Building & Construction Projects
- Community Development
- English Teaching
- Grassroots Organization
- Human Rights
- Organic Farming
- Small Business Development
- Tree Planting
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks
All throughout the year
Asian, Worldwide, Australian, Canadian, European and American Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
From 455 USD
- Airport pick-up service from the airport to accommodations in Quito (one way).
- In-country informational workshop to highlight aspects of the project(s).
- In-country workshop upon arrival on safety and security tips and information, and a cultural introduction to Ecuador to help volunteers with the effects of culture shock.
- 24 / 7 contact in case of emergencies, health problems, or similar problems.
- Monitoring and regular check-ins during the volunteer program.
- Training Workshop and Orientation (mandatory for all volunteers).
- International phone call in our office in Quito to contact family.
- International phone calls and Internet service in our office in Quito in case of emergency.
- Local phone calls to landline numbers from our office in Quito.
- Pre-arrival information about activities around the country for the volunteer during his/her free time.
- Certificate of Participation when the volunteer has completed his/her volunteer program (upon request).
- Accommodation and food that is included in the program costs, 1-3 meals per day from Monday to Friday (depending on project and accommodation).
- Group living
* Volunteers must have a lot of initiative and be creative, motivated individuals. While they do not need to have proper training, it is helpful if volunteers have experience in one or more of the activities listed for this project, such as community organization, anthropology, conservation, agriculture, etc. Most importantly, volunteers must be open-minded, flexible, and willing to learn and adapt to a new way of life.
* Volunteers should be at least 16 years of age, though exceptions can be made for families or high school groups. There is no maximum age limit.
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview