CrossContinental Header Image CrossContinental Header Image

Intern & Volunteer Abroad: from USD180

Volunteer in Arusha

I had a fantastic and unforgettable experience volunteering in Arusha through Cross Continental. I have seen and learnt so much during that short time. It was really an eye-opening trip that taught me to appreciate things we take for granted back in our countries.
The kids in the orphanage were so warm and friendly. Being welcomed by them was by far the best experience for me. It was amazing to see how happy they can be with so little. My host family was very nice and accommodating, and the food was delicious. Volunteering has helped me to grow as a person. I loved every moment of it! I highly recommend going and helping people in need!

Machine shop intern

Interning abroad allowed me to experience a foreign culture first hand while also learning skills that would help me understand the manufacturing process. Upon graduation from university I was able to list some of the skills I had learned on my resume which were definite talking points during interviews. My experiences in Ecuador were ones that I will never forget and I am very grateful to have had them. CrossContinental was by far the most affordable option and were willing to work with me to find a program that fit my needs. Jenn was great and was willing to answer any questions that I came up with in the months preceding my eventual placement. I worked in a machine shop in Ecuador which was appealing to several potential employers because it showed that I had real experience in seeing practical approaches to fabrication.

All four corners of the world and me in the middle of it

I will never forget my stay in Nepal. I went there with the intention of providing love and spreading joy. What i never expected was to get fourfold of what i had sought to give when i first set foot in Bhaktapur. The air and leaves radiate a steady energy, the people have so much love to give, and they make you feel warm and welcome without fear or favour. A special shoutout to Jenn of Cross Continental for ensuring i was thoroughly cared for throughout my stay, to Anish for the warm welcome ... and wifi! To Reena for the special tea, the beautiful motherlike lady at the place i volunteered, the amazing special kids that lent me some of their zest for life, and the four teenage girls i encountered while walking the lanes in the beautiful idyllic village where I stayed. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I received a VERY special gift from the orphanage that can't be measured. I didn't know the meaning behind such gift then but now i am beginning to understand. A special place, the orphanage and village, that touched my heart in special ways. Please, please convey my thanks to the lady at the orphanage and i pray that i will have the chance to see all of you again. Please forgive me for any mistakes i may have made then. And please ask the children at the home to add me to their facebook page. I am sorry i didn't act then to add them to my facebook.