Teach and Travel in the Dominican Republic
Crece - Instituto de Ingles y Artes Header Image Crece - Instituto de Ingles y Artes Header Image

Teach and Travel in the Dominican Republic

Unforgettable

Having the opportunity to work in the Dominican Republic was an experience that I will truly never forget. San Juan is such a beautiful place filled with amazing people, food, and music. The living accommodations were perfect. We were placed right in the middle of town so we were able to navigate around quite easily. Working at Crece was also an experience like no other. The students worked hard and couldn't have been more appreciative and kind. Four months FLEW by and has left me wanting to come back! I will now always have a place in my heart for San Juan :)

Nothing short of AMAZING

I absolutely loved my time as a teacher at Crece. San Juan de la Maguana is a place like no other, there is always something to do and friendly people on every corner. The students at Crece are always eager to learn and consistently impressed me. They can play hard but also work hard. Teaching was a breeze but required a bit of patience as working with young people always does. Accommodations were truly great, and you have access to some of the best food you will EVER eat. There is plenty of time to travel around the country, its very easy to do and is encouraged.

A Uniquely Dominican Experience

The Dominican Republic is truly a unique place, one which will offer you an opportunity to experience a totally new perspective. The school is small and full of energy. Classes take patience, but knowing you are making a real difference in the children's lives is worth the effort. Excellent educational support is offered and it is great for new teachers. Also, prepare yourself for possibly the best food you will ever eat. I would 100% do it again!

Making a difference

I have had the experience twice and each time, I am rewarded with meeting amazing people and children!
The thirst for knowledge from the program participants is refreshing and exciting. Support from administration is exceptional and nurturing.
If you are willing to venture out, the island is breathtaking and a nice change of pace.
While there are some creature comforts that one must give up, it is well worth the experience.

I would recommend to anyone that would like international experience and an adventure into another culture.

My time at Crece

The three months spent teaching at Crece were some of the best times of my life. The students are amazing. Faculty is great. The overall experience is one you'll never regret. Crece is the place to be!

Program with Wonderful Potential

Overall my experience in the Dominican Republic was positive. It was incredible as a learning experience in many aspects. I started with only knowing "Lo siento no hablo mucho español" and finished being able to navigate independently in the country, communicating myself effectively. The kids are a joy, although some of them have no interest in learning English and it could be challenging to engage all of them. I think the accommodations should include separate rooms for teachers for privacy, but the living arrangements were pretty good, and the walk to the market, the school, the bus station, etc was pretty easy. Sometimes the school has so many events happening that the overall organization suffers, but I think that's simply a symptom of its growth.