Internship Program in Beijing
CRCC Asia Header Image CRCC Asia Header Image

Internship Program in Beijing

My intern experience

The internship was amazing! It really was a brilliant way to get a feel for a tough work environment that's quite different to the UK. It gave me a lot of transferable skills and I had the best time and made some awesome new friends!! The social life in Beijing is fantastic as they really pride themselves on going out in groups either personally or professionally and it's a great way to interact and meet new people.

The Perfect Beijing Experience

Studying abroad in China for this 41 year old non-traditional student and mother of three was about the most adventurous thing I've ever done. CRCC made seamless a process that I would not have been able to navigate on my own. From guidance with the visa application, to perfectly located accommodations in Beijing, and an internship that couldn't have been a better match for my education - it all came together perfectly.

For my internship, I was placed at a nonprofit social enterprise that assisted women in escaping human trafficking in Beijing. I performed in-depth and important research for the company while also having the opportunity to work side-by-side the victims. CRCC's placement at this organization was the perfect fit for my concentration areas of sociology and gender/women's studies at Arizona State University.

The CRCC Beijing staff also provided excellent guidance to navigating our new surroundings; were readily accessible when needed; and coordinated meaningful and fun adventures for our group. This was a trip and experience of a lifetime for me and I couldn't have done it without CRCC.

Best 3 months of my Life

When I first came home and told Mum that I discovered a program that takes you to China, finds you an internship, and looks after you for 3 months, she said to me: ‘go and apply right now before you change your mind, or you’ll regret it,’ and I am so glad that I listened because it was the best thing I’ve ever done.

CRCC Asia did an amazing job with everything from accommodation to finding an internship that was perfect for me. The staff in Beijing were friendly, organised, and always just a WeChat message away when we needed. They organised social events like Karaoke, Laser Tag and Bowling, and also trips to Tianjin and Xi’an where we saw the legendary Terracotta Army.

All in all, living in Beijing taught me many things and I would consider returning here to live and work. I got to go be a tourist on the weekends and an intern during the week. My top recommendation while in China is to eat as many different dishes as you can, there is so much good food to be had, for very little money too.

Although I went to Beijing in Winter (absolutely freezing), I had the most amazing time. I got to meet some really great people from all over the world through CRCC Asia and my workplace. CRCC Asia is a great opportunity for both living and working in another country, but also enhancing one’s resume and professional network.

Best month of my life

Would seriously recommend CRCC. They made the whole experience so easy. I have met so many amazing friends from all over the world that I'm going to miss so much. The CRCC staff are so helpful and would respond to my emails instantly if I needed anything. They hosted so many great events and activities, my favourite being KTV. I have loved living in China and would definitely return.

Building relationships in a new industry

I had the opportunity to work at a renowned start-up in 3D printing through CRCC Asia. I was able to develop prototypes in a fabrication laboratory using Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) 3D Printers, Chocolate 3D Printers, and Laser Cutters. In a short amount of time, I was connected to people who were passionate about shaping the new industry from architects, designers, engineers, to executive chefs. Having worked on practical projects, I was able to contribute in a meaningful way to the team and develop sector knowledge in additive manufacturing.

The CRCC Asia team in Beijing made settling in China stress-free. The accommodation was located in a convenient area that had essential facilities. We were given a thorough induction on the first day, where we also received registered sim cards and metro cards. Our business seminar was a day trip to Tianjin, where we visited two major food and beverage factories. While we came from different countries, everyone participating in the program was friendly and helpful.

I highly recommend the program, especially if you want a taste of living and working in a new country. China is in a unique position because it is becoming the next global economic leader. CRCC Asia has a wide network and can help you find experience in an industry that might be uncommon in your home country. I’m still in touch with the people I have met, even though we are all in different countries. It’s a great way to gain work experience and widen your network.

Professionally enriching!

I had some interest in China before heading out on the CRCC Asia internship program so I was prepared for the cultural aspect of the program. However, before going on the Program, I did not have any relevant work experience. Although I had previously interviewed for some jobs, and although employers were impressed with my academics and my achievements (hence getting to interview stage), I lacked sector specific knowledge and I could not provide specific examples.

However, my internship at a top international law firm gave me lots of exposure to partners and counsel across China and the globe. I was able to get involved in quite high-level projects such as drafting non-disclosure agreements and other contractual documents. I also worked closely with the Shanghai and Hong Kong office to draft briefing to clients on the commercial implications of the Cyber Security Law. This was a great addition to my TC applications and this kind of international work experience in China is always a great conversation starter!

I would therefore highly recommend CRCC Asia as they provide a fantastic experience including business seminars and cultural events. It was also really nice to get to know the staff who work in China - they are all really nice and very supportive. It's great that they pick you up from the airport, get to know you at banquets and networking events, and are always available on WeChat! I feel the whole process from initial application to post-internships support has made me a much more confident person this has certainly made my TC applications really stand out! Thank you!

Internship program- Beijing

Being immersed in Beijing for two months was certainly a challenge and having been to China before it prepared me for the experience. During my time there I had the opportunity to travel outside Beijing to the city of Qing Dao and this was great time to relax after the two months.

The CRCC Asia program was great, they placed me in a international division of a marketing company. The company had a Chinese and International team. I worked in the International team. The accommodation was very good due to it's convenient location as there were many restaurants, cafe's and bars.

The staff was very friendly and this made the program less stress-free. The networking provided with new opportunities me opened more doors back home in London and I would highly recommend the program for one who is looking to widen their network and gain more experience.

Devils in Beijing: My summer in Beijing

Being in Beijing was an incredible experience, compounded by the awesome non-governmental organization I worked with, Beijing Youth International Culture and Arts Association. The program CRCC Asia helped to coordinate was a phenomenal experience and absolutely something I would recommend to others. It was my first time abroad and it went beyond smoothly. Though the work was not necessarily what I was interested in (we couldn't find a human rights internship unfortunately) the work I did was nonetheless important in supporting low-income communities. I worked at the main office and created a comprehensive list of museums across the world for my organization to use in promoting globalized art and cultural artifacts. I also went in twice a week to a special needs primary school in Eastern Beijing, which was such a wholesome experience.

Overall, CRCC Asia did an excellent job at supporting our internships, our network-building, and providing a great experience abroad.