China Internship Program + Mandarin
CRCC Asia Header Image CRCC Asia Header Image

China Internship Program + Mandarin

3 months in China

Undertaking the China Internship Program and Mandarin was the best choice I have ever made in my life. This wasn't my first time in China, but using the services CRCC Asia provided, created a whole new experience for me.

I choose to do the China Internship Program and Mandarin because I wanted to get the full experience that I could. It was one-month Mandarin classes (which they were hard) and two months interning at Beijing Youth International Culture and Arts Association (BYICAA) as their Marketer. I feel like this was the best choice for me at the time and I was correct.

To some 3 months might seem like a long time to be away from home, but that is the last thing you are thinking about when you are on one of these programs. All the students that are on the program are all kept in the same apartment building which creates an amazing opportunity to catch up with each other. We had all formed a bond together and shared Christmas day with each other and even allowing for a game of cricket on Christmas night in our living rooms. (See photo)

Working for BYICAA was a valuable experience for me. I could use the skills I learnt at university and apply them to a different setting. This being outside of a big business which I had done in previous internships in Australia. To this day, my colleges at BYICAA consider me as family, and the feeling is mutual.

The additional activities were a bonus. The business events were a great insight into the large world of international business. I had the opportunity to talk with people who were conducting operations in China. This was a valuable resource. However, it was not all business, the KTV and dumpling making sessions were also a blast. All at no additional cost to myself.

By the end of the trip, I have experienced a different side to China. My original view was that of a naive tourist, but I feel by the end of the three months I could live there forever. I had the opportunity to make great friends with the 30 other students conducting the same program as me. These students weren't just from Australia, but all over the globe, adding to the international experience.

Undertaking this program will be the best thing you ever do.

An incredible opportunity that every student should consider!

As part of my University degree, I took part in a one-month internship (July 2015) in Beijing, China. CRCC Asia as a internship provider did an excellent job in organizing accommodation (so amazing), connecting us with people in Beijing as well as placing students in suitable companies aligned to their degree.
I was placed in a tourism marketing company, and had such an incredible experience not only working in the field that I love, but also also experiencing the Chinese culture! My university group and I did a number of excursions around Beijing and even to Xian!

I can't quite find the words to explain how incredible this opportunity was, but I certainly do recommend CRCC as an internship provider ensure ease of organization pre, during and post departure. I wish I could go back and do it all again!
- Steph

I really want to come back to China

When I decided to apply for the Beijing Language and Internship Program I was scared but it was one of the best choice I have ever made.

Even if it was my first time in China, CRCC Asia provided all the necessary services and gave me the possibility to live a great experience.
All the partecipants are placed in the same building so this creates the opportunity to make new friends from different countries. I bonded with people from all around the world and I collected useful contacts for the near future.

The program consisted of one month of Mandarin classes (which were very useful!) and one month of internship at Lantai Partners, a big law firm. Working for Lantai Partners allowed me to test my skill and knowledge and to confront myself in a more conscious and effective way with the reality of working. I created strong bonds with my colleagues with whom I'm still in contact and we planned to meet each other again both in China and in Italy.
This experience gave me not only the chance to work in the field that I love but also the chance to deal with a new culture and thank to this I acquired a broader perspective of the world.

So, I think it was very useful to make this experience both for job perspectives and for personal development.