Get TEFL Certified & Teach ESL Abroad with Costa Rica TEFL!
Costa Rica TEFL  Header Image Costa Rica TEFL  Header Image

Get TEFL Certified & Teach ESL Abroad with Costa Rica TEFL!

TEFL review

Who wouldn’t want to live by the beach while you learn by the best! I had the best time studying at Costa Rica TEFL, Samara and I will tell you why!

An average day would be spent surfing (if tides permitted) or yoga in the morning followed by a hearty breakfast before a short bike ride to the TEFL centre. We would have a morning and afternoon session of theory but with the incorporation of activities/games that could be transferable to our classroom pedagogy. In the evenings we would be teaching or planning various classes with abilities ranging from kids – C1. These students were local Costa Ricans that wanted to learn and improve their English. Although the days were long, you were always busy engaging with the other trainees and planning fun lessons.

With English being my native tongue, I didn’t realise what I didn’t know until I started this course. I realised I literally knew nothing about the English language but by the end I felt very comfortable delivering classes to all ages and levels! The Instructors ran a tight ship, and you could tell they were experts in this field. Additionally, spending most days with the other trainees brought us all very close together, and I am happy say I have lifelong friends.

If you want to become TEFL certified and love the Pura Vida lifestyle and beach, this program is for you!

Definitely worth it!

If you want to have a learn how to teach English in the beautiful tropical environment, Costa Rica TEFL is definitely for you! A three minute walk away from the beach, the classrooms are air-conditioned and you have all the supplies you need to prep for your classes. The teachers not only supervise you but are also there to help you with lesson planning and will even assist you with your lessons. Getting certified here was definitely the best decision I have made. Plus, the locals that you will teach are so friendly and conversational that they make teaching a blast.

Awesome

This course was phenomenal. It was challenging, exciting, entertaining, and of course in Costa Rica so just a beautiful place to do this. Audra was one of the best teachers I've had in my life and the course was just so perfectly methodical, I cannot believe the amount we accomplished in 4 weeks. I honestly wish it was longer, I'm SO sad it ends tomorrow. The people in your class are of course so like minded as they also pulled the plug to take such a leap. Great great GREAT opportunity, I would recommend it to anyone looking to work and travel.

• Course Instructor

It's already been a month?!

Costa Rica TEFL was the best experience! I learned so much about teaching English as a foreign language and the world of education. I received so much support in finding a job after the course and am impressed with the network Costa Rica TEFL has. This program gave me so much practice teaching which was needed.

Highly recommend

My experience at Costa Rica TEFL was all that I hoped and more. The staff is friendly and helpful, the course is designed for new and experienced teachers alike, and the location is great. I was impressed with the job placement assistance, I got a job before I even finished the course!

The best experience

They gave me all the tools I needed and Now I'm teaching English and also using the methodologies for my Spanish lessons. The Trainers are the best in the area and they make instructive and fun lessons. I totally recommend to everybody to take the course.

• Course Instructor

An experience of a lifetime

Costa Rica TEFL in Playa Samara is such an amazing program. It really gave me the confidence and tools I needed to prepare for a career in teaching abroad. The instructors are amazing and highly qualified, the rest of the staff is beyond helpful, and the course is very well-organized and incredibly informative. I am so glad that I chose to get my TEFL certification with Costa Rica TEFL!

Learning in paradise

I couldn't recommend Costa Rica TEFL more. From the very beginning, before I had even enrolled, the staff was friendly, helpful, and full of knowledge. They even arranged for me to meet two other students at the bus station in San Jose so that I wouldn't be traveling alone in a country I had never been to. I feel so lucky to have been an amazing homestay and passionate teachers. There were 11 students in my group. I don't know how the teachers were able to dedicate so much one on one time to all of us, but they did. I was also fortunate that my class-mates were all very supportive and would help each other with ideas, displays, and suggestions. We started teaching on day 3 and I was extremely nervous at first, but by the second week I was confident. Costa Rica TEFL helped me find a job soon after I completed the course. I taught in Panama for 6 months and would have been lost without this course. There were times when I had to teach without electricity, and I was able to review my textbook/portfolio and change my lesson plan. I am still in contact with the owner, Barbara, and she's always informing me of job opportunities. I spent months deciding which TEFL school to attend and I am confident that I made the right choice. Thank you Costa Rica TEFL for everything!!
Also, Samara is the most beautiful place I have ever been in Costa Rica. It's a quiet but lively town.

Enjoying life at the beach thanks to Costa Rica TEFL

Coming to Costa Rica and earning my TEFL certificate through Costa Rica TEFL was one of the best decisions I have ever made. At first I was a little nervous about making the move, but the staff at Costa Rica TEFL was so helpful and reassuring. They were always available when I wanted to talk to them and were very much involved in my travel arrangements. Once I arrived in Playa Samara I automatically felt at home. Playa Samara is a beautiful little beach town with small town vibes. Everyone knows everyone which makes it so easy to talk to new people and practice Spanish!

The TEFL trainers, Julia and Jenn, were simply amazing! Even without having any former teaching experience Julia and Jenn managed to teach me so much. Over the course of four weeks, I learned so many teaching techniques and was given a ton of information that made me feel more than prepared to teach my own classes.

I would recommend Costa Rica TEFL to anyone who is looking to get TEFL certified. Finding the right TEFL program can be an exhausting, but Costa Rica TEFL offers it all! We also got to enjoy free Spanish and Yoga classes when we weren’t in school. Samara is the most gorgeous place I have ever been. The location alone should be a deciding factor for most people. The school is walking distance to the beach and there are so many great little restaurants and things to do around town.
Thanks to Costa Ria TEFL I am now living in sunny Samara teaching at the National University (UNA) and I absolutely love my life. I get to enjoy the beach every day and am so grateful for my new friendships I have made here in Samara.

Total rewarding experience!

Hi there! My name is Beatriz and I am a native Spanish speaker from Costa Rica.
My experience in TEFL Costa Rica was stimulating in many different ways - one of them, being a learner, was the constant challenge everyday of not only learning the process of teaching, which in my opinion is the most effective approach to teaching, but also being able to learn so many new words and phrases, and all the different semantics notions of English, which helped me to improve my vocabulary tremendously. Costa Rica TEFL also gives the opportunity to students to live a real teaching experience due to their teaching program, and that was one of the most amazing experiences. You learn to build your lessons from scratch, your creativity evolves, and the thrill of teaching and getting good feedback from the students is a rewarding experience if you haven't taught before. The variety of tools to learn and practice and the very experienced trainers makes this program one of the best so far in Costa Rica, and perhaps around the world.
I chose Costa Rica TEFL because Samara is my home, but more importantly because I was able to teach my own people another language, and I as a Spanish speaker fully understand the difficulties students have while learning English as a second language. I have not been able to experience learning in a different country or place where you are not familiar with anything, but I highly recommend Samara since it is a beach town where you can go relax at the beach between breaks, and also, it is a community where there is a need to learn English as a second language.
The trainers are very professional and you can make it through the course smoothly with the right amount of work and effort. They are very creative and their aim is to teach you in a way that you can put it into practice in your own lessons. This procedure, learning and teaching, worked for me perfectly, and I was able to get gratifying and solid results.

Genuinely Satisfied

As a person who has a little more age on him and a little more experience in life, I was looking for both proper training and some exciting adventure with the TEFL course I took. With Costa Rica TEFL, I got both!
The training was serious and thorough and the teachers were caring and patient (with me especially–it had been a while since I’d been in school). The teaching and support staff was genuine and always available to help me. In fact Barbara, the owner was around every day and always willing to help as well. Really a nicely run school. It gave me the necessary tools to become what I believe is a good ESL teacher. One who uses the latest techniques, namely the Communicative approach to teaching, to reach students on a personal level and to help them identify and reach the goals they have for learning the English language. I recommend the Cost Rica TEFL School highly for the proper training and support they provide.
If travel,adventure, beauty, and desire to explore a precious and wonderful world, is what you are after by becoming an ESL Teacher, then starting your adventure at Costa Rica TEFL is the perfect beginning for you! Samara, CR is a beautiful Pacific coast town, not yet disturbed by too much modern development. Samara gives you the opportunity to swim, surf, sun , eat (food is fantastic!), and explore until your heart’s content. I truly enjoyed my time in Samara, CR.
Last but definitely not least, Barbara, the owner and her staff had promised me, from before my course began, that they would be available After my course was completed to help me with possible teaching jobs. Well, They Kept their promise and more! I, to this day, continue to be in touch with Barbara and Bill at CR TEFL and they continue to be extremely helpful to me. This part was very important to me and I am very satisfied with the outcome. I have and continue to teach English as a second language to students all over the world and I Love it!
Now to finish, and I mean this with all sincerity, Costa Rica TEFL has been, and continues to be, a wonderful decision for me, and I recommend it highly for you as well. In fact, anyone of any age, who seriously wants to become a Certified and Qualified ESL Teacher should attend the Costa Rica TEFL school.

Billy Vogel
Costa Rica TEFL Graduate 6/2015

COSTA RICA TEFL exceeded my expectations

My experience with Costa Rica TEFL was better than I ever imagined.

The teacher trainers were extremely kind, caring, compassionate and patient with me. Each day I learned a small portion of teaching English as a foreign language and put my skills to use by teaching Costa Rican students. Each lesson I was given feedback that allowed me to improve as I gained more skills and confidence. By the second week, I felt very confident planning and teaching my lessons and each week after, I was able to fine tune my success in the classroom.

I feel very confident in my abilities as an EFL teacher and I am so grateful for the experience to work and learn from such an amazing team!

I would recommend Costa Rica TEFL to anyone considering a TEFL program. Not only was the team amazing, the town of Samara feels like home on the beach. I love it here and I am looking forward to the opportunity to work and live here.

Great experience

I did not expect that the course will benefit me so much and my teachers would be so strong. I know were I am at now and what I need to improve in terms of being a good TEFL teacher. One can use this course not just to become an English language teacher. It is useful for teaching any language or subject that one is good at. Although English is my second language and being a senior level computer programmer I may use this method of teaching for my first language or for teaching specific IT English to computer programmers that lack of English.

• Course Instructor

TEFL Certification in Paradise...

Obtaining my TEFL certificate in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica was a life changing experience. If there is one thing that I will take with me after completing this program, it is the understanding that being a great teacher is one of the most challenging professions, which we often take for granted. Fortunately, I chose the right program to prepare me with the various skills and strategies required to teach ESL. Maximo Nivel and specifically my instructor, Karen Wilke, taught me about what it really means to nurture and foster learning, let alone acquiring a second language. As a global thinker who has been to University twice, I've often reflected on the ways that traditional classrooms are taught and whether I retained the information. There are only a handful of teachers/classes in my lifetime that could compare to this past month in Karen's class. She was constantly engaging and knew exactly how to adapt each class to suit each student's learning styles or our moods that day. There was never a time that the tools she taught were forgotten or hard to grasp, because she made learning fun. At the same time, she was constantly demonstrating to us exactly how to teach our own classes.

I will not lie, the program was intense, however, Karen is extremely compassionate and is the ideal teacher you want to model yourself after. I say that this program was a life changing experience because it changed my outlook on teaching and how I can impact the lives of my students. If you are planning to take a TEFL certification, do not even consider completing an online program. There is no way that an online course can prepare you to walk into a classroom and teach, especially if you have no experience like myself. This program gives you the opportunity to teach several classes and even teaches you how to set up your own private lessons (if that is what you are looking to do). This TEFL program was worth every cent and the administration, Barbara and Karen, were amazing as well and extremely accommodating. Overall, great people and great program with a great view! :)

• Support Services

Stepping out into Something New!

I highly recommend this program. I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 week intensive course in Costa Rica. I am a 59 year old who felt very comfortable with the mixed ages in our group. The program is well organized, teachers excellent and the atmosphere challenging but fun. If you're thinking about something new - go for this one!

• Support Services

Great Opportunity, Wonderful experience!

It was a great experience that excel my expectations.
Since the beginning the staff was very helpful and caring with everything. They help me to find a nice and incredible place to stay. Since first day instructions were given with a calendar to follow, this made the whole month well organized and enjoyable.
The course was intensive, well organize and very structure. We were able to learn while we were practicing and this help us a lot to improve.
After this month course and with the TEFL certificate I feel confident to teach. I was able to practice all we were leaning. I strongly recommend taking this course at Costa Rica TELF it is an amazing institution with a lot human warmth.

• Course Instructor

Wouldn't trade this experience for the world!

Costa Rica TEFL truly provided me with a ticket to see the world. I am so excited to now be able to get a job in almost any country teaching English--who knows where the future will take me. The program was extremely fun and educational, and I never got bored despite the long days. The combination of taking classes in the morning and teaching classes in the evening, as well as observing peers, always made the time pass quickly. The teacher trainers were knowledgable and engaging, and the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. I feel like I truly have a home away from home in Playa Samara and know I will be going back to visit again soon. I would recommend this program to any and all. Thank you Costa Rica TEFL!

• Course Instructor

Great program in a fun little town!

I learned so much at Costa Rica TEFL and feel very prepared to start teaching English. The teacher trainers were so helpful throughout the course and I found myself learning things in English I never knew! I feel like I wouldn't have been prepared to teach English without this certification. Playa Samara is a great place to have a school with just enough going on to entertain on the weekends but not to much to distract from my studies. Great school!

Wonderful Experience!

I had a fantastic experience during my time at the Costa Rica TEFL course in Playa Samara. The course was fun yet challenging. During the week we participated in intense training in the mornings and taught real Costa Rican students in the evenings. On the weekends, we spent time at the beach, traveling to nearby towns and enjoying local nightlife. I felt extremely prepared to teach English upon finishing my course and now teach at a local Language Institute - Intercultura and also at the National University of Costa Rica. A+ program!

• Support Services

Expand your horizons in a tropical paradise

The Costa Rica TEFL program is amazing. I came into the program having no idea what to expect, never in my wildest dreams believing I would become a teacher of any sort, let alone an English teacher. Boy was I wrong! From the minute I walked into the classroom my perception of teaching was forever changed. Wow what a great experience, super helpful and knowledgable staff who went the extra mile to impart the wisdom they have gained over many years of teaching experience to make sure we were prepared to enter a classroom and teach. I would highly recommend this program to ANYONE looking for a way to travel the world or even just gain a different experience to put on their resume.

Worth The Investment!

TEFL Costa Rica was a great surprise for me. I didn't expect such a professional program to come out of this little sleepy town of Samara. The Staff and Teachers as well as the Owner are professional, bright, compassionate and energetic. This one month course was action packed with a good balance of classroom learning time and teaching time. My days were a minimum of 12 hours, but I am grateful for every minute. TEFL CR prepared me to teach in an environment where resources are limited and the course gave me the structure and experience I needed to hit the road running. If you are serious about taking an intense 4 week course, this is it!

August 2013

The Costa Rica TEFL program is excellent in an excellent location! The teachers and staff are all helpful and passionate about what they are doing. It is by the beach in a foreign country. The classes prepare you for teaching. The best part are the students and getting hands-on practice.