TESOL/TEFL Certification, Costa Rica TEFL, Playa Samara
Costa Rica TEFL  Header Image Costa Rica TEFL  Header Image

TESOL/TEFL Certification, Costa Rica TEFL, Playa Samara

Awesome

This course was phenomenal. It was challenging, exciting, entertaining, and of course in Costa Rica so just a beautiful place to do this. Audra was one of the best teachers I've had in my life and the course was just so perfectly methodical, I cannot believe the amount we accomplished in 4 weeks. I honestly wish it was longer, I'm SO sad it ends tomorrow. The people in your class are of course so like minded as they also pulled the plug to take such a leap. Great great GREAT opportunity, I would recommend it to anyone looking to work and travel.

The best experience

They gave me all the tools I needed and Now I'm teaching English and also using the methodologies for my Spanish lessons. The Trainers are the best in the area and they make instructive and fun lessons. I totally recommend to everybody to take the course.

• Course Instructor

An experience of a lifetime

Costa Rica TEFL in Playa Samara is such an amazing program. It really gave me the confidence and tools I needed to prepare for a career in teaching abroad. The instructors are amazing and highly qualified, the rest of the staff is beyond helpful, and the course is very well-organized and incredibly informative. I am so glad that I chose to get my TEFL certification with Costa Rica TEFL!

Learning in paradise

I couldn't recommend Costa Rica TEFL more. From the very beginning, before I had even enrolled, the staff was friendly, helpful, and full of knowledge. They even arranged for me to meet two other students at the bus station in San Jose so that I wouldn't be traveling alone in a country I had never been to. I feel so lucky to have been an amazing homestay and passionate teachers. There were 11 students in my group. I don't know how the teachers were able to dedicate so much one on one time to all of us, but they did. I was also fortunate that my class-mates were all very supportive and would help each other with ideas, displays, and suggestions. We started teaching on day 3 and I was extremely nervous at first, but by the second week I was confident. Costa Rica TEFL helped me find a job soon after I completed the course. I taught in Panama for 6 months and would have been lost without this course. There were times when I had to teach without electricity, and I was able to review my textbook/portfolio and change my lesson plan. I am still in contact with the owner, Barbara, and she's always informing me of job opportunities. I spent months deciding which TEFL school to attend and I am confident that I made the right choice. Thank you Costa Rica TEFL for everything!!
Also, Samara is the most beautiful place I have ever been in Costa Rica. It's a quiet but lively town.

Enjoying life at the beach thanks to Costa Rica TEFL

Coming to Costa Rica and earning my TEFL certificate through Costa Rica TEFL was one of the best decisions I have ever made. At first I was a little nervous about making the move, but the staff at Costa Rica TEFL was so helpful and reassuring. They were always available when I wanted to talk to them and were very much involved in my travel arrangements. Once I arrived in Playa Samara I automatically felt at home. Playa Samara is a beautiful little beach town with small town vibes. Everyone knows everyone which makes it so easy to talk to new people and practice Spanish!

The TEFL trainers, Julia and Jenn, were simply amazing! Even without having any former teaching experience Julia and Jenn managed to teach me so much. Over the course of four weeks, I learned so many teaching techniques and was given a ton of information that made me feel more than prepared to teach my own classes.

I would recommend Costa Rica TEFL to anyone who is looking to get TEFL certified. Finding the right TEFL program can be an exhausting, but Costa Rica TEFL offers it all! We also got to enjoy free Spanish and Yoga classes when we weren’t in school. Samara is the most gorgeous place I have ever been. The location alone should be a deciding factor for most people. The school is walking distance to the beach and there are so many great little restaurants and things to do around town.
Thanks to Costa Ria TEFL I am now living in sunny Samara teaching at the National University (UNA) and I absolutely love my life. I get to enjoy the beach every day and am so grateful for my new friendships I have made here in Samara.

• Course Instructor

TEFL Certification in Paradise...

Obtaining my TEFL certificate in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica was a life changing experience. If there is one thing that I will take with me after completing this program, it is the understanding that being a great teacher is one of the most challenging professions, which we often take for granted. Fortunately, I chose the right program to prepare me with the various skills and strategies required to teach ESL. Maximo Nivel and specifically my instructor, Karen Wilke, taught me about what it really means to nurture and foster learning, let alone acquiring a second language. As a global thinker who has been to University twice, I've often reflected on the ways that traditional classrooms are taught and whether I retained the information. There are only a handful of teachers/classes in my lifetime that could compare to this past month in Karen's class. She was constantly engaging and knew exactly how to adapt each class to suit each student's learning styles or our moods that day. There was never a time that the tools she taught were forgotten or hard to grasp, because she made learning fun. At the same time, she was constantly demonstrating to us exactly how to teach our own classes.

I will not lie, the program was intense, however, Karen is extremely compassionate and is the ideal teacher you want to model yourself after. I say that this program was a life changing experience because it changed my outlook on teaching and how I can impact the lives of my students. If you are planning to take a TEFL certification, do not even consider completing an online program. There is no way that an online course can prepare you to walk into a classroom and teach, especially if you have no experience like myself. This program gives you the opportunity to teach several classes and even teaches you how to set up your own private lessons (if that is what you are looking to do). This TEFL program was worth every cent and the administration, Barbara and Karen, were amazing as well and extremely accommodating. Overall, great people and great program with a great view! :)

• Course Instructor

Wouldn't trade this experience for the world!

Costa Rica TEFL truly provided me with a ticket to see the world. I am so excited to now be able to get a job in almost any country teaching English--who knows where the future will take me. The program was extremely fun and educational, and I never got bored despite the long days. The combination of taking classes in the morning and teaching classes in the evening, as well as observing peers, always made the time pass quickly. The teacher trainers were knowledgable and engaging, and the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. I feel like I truly have a home away from home in Playa Samara and know I will be going back to visit again soon. I would recommend this program to any and all. Thank you Costa Rica TEFL!

• Course Instructor

Great program in a fun little town!

I learned so much at Costa Rica TEFL and feel very prepared to start teaching English. The teacher trainers were so helpful throughout the course and I found myself learning things in English I never knew! I feel like I wouldn't have been prepared to teach English without this certification. Playa Samara is a great place to have a school with just enough going on to entertain on the weekends but not to much to distract from my studies. Great school!

Wonderful Experience!

I had a fantastic experience during my time at the Costa Rica TEFL course in Playa Samara. The course was fun yet challenging. During the week we participated in intense training in the mornings and taught real Costa Rican students in the evenings. On the weekends, we spent time at the beach, traveling to nearby towns and enjoying local nightlife. I felt extremely prepared to teach English upon finishing my course and now teach at a local Language Institute - Intercultura and also at the National University of Costa Rica. A+ program!

• Course Instructor

It's already been a month?!

Costa Rica TEFL was the best experience! I learned so much about teaching English as a foreign language and the world of education. I received so much support in finding a job after the course and am impressed with the network Costa Rica TEFL has. This program gave me so much practice teaching which was needed.

Highly recommend

My experience at Costa Rica TEFL was all that I hoped and more. The staff is friendly and helpful, the course is designed for new and experienced teachers alike, and the location is great. I was impressed with the job placement assistance, I got a job before I even finished the course!