Full Immersion Experience: Volunteer/Intern in Costa Rica

Verified

Location

Costa Rica: San Ramon

Program Summary

Costa Rica Frika offers full immersion volunteer and internship experiences that provide for constant interaction with locals by collaborating on projects and participating in activities that facilitate immersion into the local culture. Experience a new culture and feed your international curiosity by joining this enriching program. Placements include English teaching, wild animal rescue, sea turtle nesting, and social projects at orphanages, community centers and schools. Internships are available in hospitality, tourism and community development.

We are not like global agencies that have partner organizations in multiple countries. Our organization ONLY operates in Costa Rica and each participant meets the founders/directors upon arrival and is in contact with them throughout the placement. Some participants even live next door to them! You are dealing directly with the destination country throughout the entire process which ensures you are getting accurate, updated information, straight from ...

Incredible experience

For my programme I was volunteering two days a week at an orphanage and the other three days assisting teaching English at a local high school, living with a host family for a month. It was an amazing experience that I won't forget; the culture I learned about, friends I made, food I enjoyed, places I explored and of course the people I helped. Everything was organised really well so I could relax and enjoy my trip, and it is definitely something I would recommend doing!

Great volunteer experience

I went through an organization that worked with Costa Rica Frika in Costa Rica. I did the turtle nesting volunteer program in Ostional. Dustin was the man that took care of all of the logistics of getting me into the volunteer housing, getting me to and from the airport, giving me a place to stay the night I arrived and the night before I left the country. He and his family were fantastic! I was traveling alone, so I don't know what I would have done without him. I emailed him numerous times with questions about bus schedules and how to get from place to place while in Costa Rica. He always got back to me with answers and was so helpful in making my volunteer experience a great one!

Life changing

I volunteered as an english language assistant in the town of San Ramon. I truly enjoyed my experience and felt that I got to experience a full exposure to the program and the country. I lived with a host family who were great ! Always making me laugh and and there was always someone there to help me. Whether it was to get a sim card or simply just to learn how to cook traditional Costa Rican food. I volunteered in three different schools throughout my two month stay. I worked alongside the teachers planning fun games to help the students learn English. I also taught a small class of 3-4 women English at the local community center through the organization called "Ready to Empower." This was probably the best part as the women were very helpful and as I taught them English they taught me Spanish !! Lastly I helped with a preschool class at the same community center with childcare. As the classes were in Spanish this also became a learning experience for me as well. :) Dustin and his wife were very nice and pleasurable. I would definitely recommended this to anyone looking for something new and rewarding.

Notice: Our website and its third party tools use cookies, which are used to manage, monitor, and track usage to improve our website's services. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to the use of cookies, please refer to our cookie policy.

By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link, or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree and consent to our use of cookies.