- Community Service & Volunteering
- Animal Welfare
- Veterinary Science
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
Volunteers can arrive on any Monday or Thursday throughout the year.
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples.
Cost in USD per week
From USD 945 (2 weeks). We recommend a 4-week stay on this programme (USD 1,795).
What does the cost include?
- Programme fee - financing which goes back into the programme your are involved with; this includes funding for equipment, supplies, vehicles and foodstuffs
- Transfers to and from Windhoek Hosea Kutako Airport to the project on a Monday or Thursday
- Full board and lodging for the duration of your programme including laundry (exc. any snacks, alcoholic or fizzy drinks from the bar)
- Three meals per day
- Full 24 hour support and training from your programme co-ordinators during your stay
- All programme-related transport and equipment required to do your work
The programme cost excludes:
- Flights to Windhoek
- Transfers from the airport on a non-transfer day (can be arranged for NAD 500)
- Visas fees - all volunteers must apply for a work permit at least 8 weeks prior to the project start date. The cost of a visa is currently around NAD 900 and this will be paid separately to your project fee
- Any expenses prior to your programme start date
- Any personal items such as alcoholic drinks, snacks, additional food or souvenirs
- Personal medical and travel insurance, which must cover the entire duration of your programme and should include cover for repatriation, air evacuation and any activities you may undertake or plan to undertake
- Any additional trips outside the volunteer programme
- Telephone calls and internet
- Group living
- Online Application