CCIS: Lima--Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola
College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS) Header Image College Consortium for International Studies (CCIS) Header Image

CCIS: Lima--Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola

Good place to visit, not a good place to study

Peru is such a great place to travel. I have visited areas from all over the country including Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, Ica and even Iquitos. While the travel aspect is great (and very affordable), USIL is NOT the place to study. The International Office does not work to help students and makes very simple tasks quite difficult and it seems as if they are always working against you and not with you. I have yet to meet one international student that hasn't had any problems with USIL and most of the time they were non-cooperative when we would need something. I personally had asked for a Spanish tutor and was told that they could not help me and that I would have to pay for it when I know almost, if not at all, other countries have timetables set up for the international students to learn the language. USIL made it very hard to enjoy my time at school and hurt my overall experience in Peru.