Global Explorer Program: Intern, Learn, Lead, Grow & Travel
City Internships Header Image City Internships Header Image

Global Explorer Program: Intern, Learn, Lead, Grow & Travel

Life changing opportunity

My internship was amazing! I never thought I would have the opportunity to intern abroad. CI made that possible! Apart from finding me an internship, CI also put on many seminars that were very helpful as it concerns my personal and professional development. Networking is really important when you’re trying to find a job, so the networking sessions that CI hosted helped everyone to meet new people and establish global friendships! I would highly recommend CI to anyone who is attempting to gain a competitive edge in the respective field.

New and awesome experience

I had the opportunity to intern for a wealth management firm during the summer under the guide and help from City Internship. It was a very valuable experience, offering me the chance to get hands-on practice in workplace, enjoy cultural diversity, and explore more about my interests. Throughout the program, I was able to get insight into my field of studies and gain practical skills.

The CI team was really friendly and helpful; they played a huge part in helping me find the ideal company to work for and leading me to explore life in London.

It was a great experience for someone like me who hasn't been exposed much to the workplace and who enjoys exploring new things.

Investment banking

City internships is an incredible 8 weeks that you will never regret taking part in. They will find you a specific internship in the field that you want which will help you immensely when applying for graduate jobs. The team at city internship is always really helpful and make themselves available whenever you need them. I would highly recommend CI to anyone who is looking to add experience to their CV and do something unforgettable over the summer.

Great program, great people

The CI experience was incredible! They set me up with an awesome internship where I got to work with some of the biggest companies in my industry. In fact, I was able to work closely with Forbes and Blackrock.

CI also set up bi-weekly events for us that really help you get the most out of your internship. The CV Surgery and the networking events were especially useful!

Overall, I would urge anyone considering joining the CI program to do it. You will quickly make great memories and meet a bunch of great people! Not to mention the fact that you will have an internship in one of many amazing cities!

City Internships - LA summer 2016

I interned in LA in 2016 and doing an internship in LA was one of the best things I've done for my CV, future employers have always been really impressed and it gives me a lot to speak about in interviews. CI’s seminars, classes and events also gave me a valuable insight into the corporate world and taught me a lot about the importance of networking, both professionally and socially, which was one of the most important things I took from the program.

My internship was in marketing for an event company. I learned a lot about the industry and what the day to day role of a marketing job actually consists of - something you don't really learn at university. I also benefited from having a great boss and brilliant colleagues who encouraged me and helped me thrive in the role - and it was a great way to expand my professional network into a different country.

The CI Team are always at hand to help you with anything you need and are great at putting on social events and excursions - making sure your always having fun during the program. While they are always up for a laugh and are a really cool bunch of people, they also know their stuff when it comes to the professional side of things and are excellent mentors.

The CI program was one of the best things I've done in my life - I made friends from all over the world and got to experience an amazing city in LA, and also gained invaluable skills and experience that have helped me become more employable and develop my professional expertise.

Account executive intern

My internship was awesome.

I was apart of a boutique firm sitting in the heart of a trading desk, interacting with the partners and clients.

Various career guidance events ran twice a week along side the program which gave me great insight into the areas of business you don't necessarily think to have as tangible effect as they do.

Meeting recent graduates and seasoned executives gave me a great balance between what I should do in the short and medium term and also what my bosses are looking for in me.

Taking the CI program was the best decision I've made. The lessons and experiences I will take from this program have been invaluable for my future career.

CI London global explorer 2017

My internship with the CI Global Explorer program was such a worthwhile experience. Even before I arrived in London, the program directors helped me fine-tune my CV, interview skills, and career goals. During the program, the career navigator series and future leader series helped me to develop my networking skills and learn about how to make the most of my internship. CI also organized a weekend trip and a day outing along with other social events, ensuring a great work-life balance. At my internship I got hands-on experience working in events marketing. My host company made sure I was performing educational and meaningful tasks (no filing or making coffee!). I even got to send out a the start of a marketing campaign on my own. The whole CI Global Explorer program was a perfect way to spend my summer learning about my career goals and having fun in an amazing city too! I would definitely recommend this program for anyone looking to get experience or discover more about their career path!

Marketing intern New York (summer 2017)

The City Internships program is one of the best internship programs I have come across. Not only do they place you with a company that is specifically suited to your needs, but all of the host companies give you lots of responsibility and meaningful tasks which really allow you to see what life is like after college. City Internships are there to support you every step of the way whilst also providing you with one of your most memorable summers to date!

I learnt so much at the programs' seminars and events

I would definitely advise students and graduates to apply to take part in a CI program. The opportunities that have arisen from my internship and the wider program are endless. On top of gaining experience in a top firm, I learnt so much at the programs' seminars and events. The trips to Big Bear and Las Vegas from the Los Angeles program were a highlight!

I now feel a lot more confident

As a result of taking part in a CI program, I now feel a lot more confident in my career path and the direction I will be taking when I graduate. I was a little unsure but this internship has definitely opened doors for me.

CI class of 2016

My experience with City Internships is one that I will never forgot. Not only did I gain an internship at a great company which I throughly enjoyed and learnt a lot from, I gained a great network of like-minded individuals and the chance to meet with industry professionals. The program is extremely well organised and has helped me to develop skills that will be key when applying for graduate positions. Since my internship, the experience has been a great talking point in all of my recent interviews with other employers and it is widely seen as a great thing to have done. The CI team was incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and friendly and delivered all of the activities in an engaging and fun manner. Additionally, they were a great form of support throughout the application process and helped get me ready for all of my interviews and in the development of my CV. I would recommend this experience to anyone as a way to kickstart your career at an early age with a great internship opportunity and invaluable support along the way.

Accounting intern in LA

Through CI’s global summer internship program, I was able to gain eight weeks working experience in an accounting firm in Los Angeles. Travelling has always been a passion of mine and this was the perfect opportunity to combine exploring a new city with a potential new career. As a current law student, I had zero experience within the accounting industry but it was the direction that I knew I wanted to pursue after graduating. Having applied and been accepted onto this program, the CI team were able to place me with the employer they considered the best professional fit for my career aspirations. During my time interning I gained hands on, practical experience in a tax firm and the seminars provided through CI, developed many techniques to use when applying for jobs (CV and interview tips for example) but will continue to be beneficial right through into my professional career.

Understandably, moving away to an unfamiliar city may seem like a daunting experience for many, but the CI team made this transition much more manageable and were always on hand to give advice whenever needed, no matter how trivial. Throughout this experience, I have grown as an individual in both a professional and personal sense, whilst becoming more prepared and driven towards my chosen career and having met so many people from across the world, sharing this experience with them, is something I cannot thank CI enough for.

Final words of advice – don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, this whole opportunity exceeded my expectations and more and if given the opportunity, would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

An excellent experience

The CI team were very friendly and helpful. A good experience of making friends and business connections with other employers. An excellent opportunity to enhance my CV. I felt very confident and prepared for my work.

Defining moment in life!

City Internships not only opened the door for me to get involved with the entertainment world in LA, but also provided perfect placement with the company I interned with. My bosses became my mentors! The experience encouraged me to make a cross-country move. And I gained life friends from across the globe that I can call family.

Global Internships Student ambassador program

This program allowed me to improve upon my professional skills, as well as meet amazing life long friends. I was able to get my foot in the door in an industry that is usually difficult to get experience in at this young of an age. This past summer was the best summer I've had to date.

Sweet summer 2016

I got the chance to intern in London last summer 2016 and I had a wonderful experience. Not only were the networking and professional events useful, but also the whole networking was eye-opening for me. I learnt how important it was to give more than 100% of my best at what I do and to go above and beyond when I apply for jobs.
The program definitely provided and supported me through this and I am very glad I was able to take this opportunity,

London summer intern 2015

City Internships has connections with smaller, very unique companies and can place interns into very specific and unique roles in their field that a student in university would very rarely come across. The program is very well-run. Weekly events are fun and give interns on the program a chance to bond with other interns and the mentors at City Internships. They also have professional development seminars, which are always useful. The accommodation is typical UK student housing, but is centrally located. Overall great program and would definitely recommend!

(Summer Intern 2015) - London

Very good experience, took me from being virtually only student minded/oriented to an intern of the globally dynamic business scene of London. My internship enabled me to to adapt to working on the global scene, and working with people of other nationalities. The program was structured well, and had useful seminars to attend. Also it helped me make some friends and memories that i will truly never forget.

Marketing Intern New York City

City Internships has helped me climb the next step in my career ladder. The program has given me a great experience as an intern in a fast-paced marketing company and has allowed me to make life-long friendships and invaluable networking contacts for the future. There is ongoing support throughout the programme through weekly seminars and contact with the programme mentors on a regular basis. I will remember this amazing experience for years to come!

Amazing summer internship experience

Started off the summer by meeting new people who came from different walks of life and with whom I shared different experiences over the course of the internship through the socials, instructive seminars organized by the CI program. The company that I was placed in gave me valuable insight into the oil and gas industry and also helped me in gaining some knowledge about the financial markets in general. All in all, it was an internship program worth doing.

A challenging but fulfilling experience, with the help of an excellent team.

I coordinated with City Internships to secure a six week internship for the Summer 2017 season, focusing on a social media internship with a company in the West Coast (Los Angeles/San Francisco). Despite the fact that I was unable to physically be in LA for my internship and the duration of the 'Global Explorer' program I signed up for, CI were flexible enough to work with my unique case to ensure I could still work remotely for my company based in LA from my homecity, Hong Kong. Their staff from admissions to career consulting were very helpful, answered my questions/concerns promptly, and kept in touch with me regularly to ensure I sent necessary information/documents to them. The company I was assigned to via CI, Le Dessein, was also professional and I enjoyed working with Eric Coly (CEO of Le Dessein) to understand how a business operates its social media along with how the fashion industry works between consumers, social media influencers, and fellow companies (specifically those targeting the sustainability industry). CI furthermore, gave me good resources to improve my interview skills and resume.

I would highly recommend CI again for future internees looking to secure an internship, learn more about key industries they are keen to enter, and to polish their interview skills/resume simultaneously. However, those who decide to do a remote internship with a company (due to personal circumstances or by choice), should understand that doing so requires far more responsibility and will be more challenging to deal with for the duration of their program.

A great summer!

CI is a fantastic program. I really enjoyed not only my internship but the career development and networking opportunities they provided as well. The people and friends that I have made are some that I will never forget. Thanks for a great summer.

Professional development workshops are on point!

I enrolled in the City Internships 2016 summer program after receiving an email from my undergraduate program director. After thoroughly researching the company’s publicly available program materials and website, I knew this was a program I would benefit from. I went into City Internships’ Global Explorer Program having over 10 years of work experience in various industries (I’m a non-traditional, adult college student). Many of the things I heard in their workshops and seminars are things that I wish someone would have taken the time to sit me down and tell me. Unfortunately, most of those things were things I had to learn ‘the hard way’ over the span of 10 years! Don’t play yourself (in the words of DJ Khaled), and take advantage of this opportunity you have to get ahead of your peers in the workforce and the professional sphere. Oh, and I loved my paid internship—my employer even invited me to return and work with them in the future!

Note: I've given a "10" for Health & Safety because my employer enrolled me in their health insurance plan (this health insurance was not provided by City Internships).

8 weeks in London with City Intern

I was lucky enough to take an Internship through City Internships over the summer of 2016. For anyone who is looking for that vital work experience, I would highly recommend CI. The course gave me a brilliant insight into the workings of a business and has helped me gain greater career direction. The CI team were welcoming and engaging and made my time spent in London very enjoyable. I would strongly encourage anyone taking a CI program to fully immerse themselves in the social aspect and events as, for me, they were a highlight and were always great fun and well organised. Overall, the program goes above and beyond what could be expected of a normal internship and has put me in great stead for leaving university and building my career.

A great experience

This program is great if you take advantage of all the opportunities available such as career seminars and the many socials. You meet like minded people and get to explore the city with fellow interns who soon become good friends.
The Program Advisers are always willing to help and offer guidance whether it concerns living arrangements or your internship placement.