Dominican Republic: Rural Areas, Santo Domingo
Open to All Ages
American, Canadian, Australian, Kiwi, British and Irish Participants.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
The fee for the program covers:
iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
Two days of orientation
Transportation from orientation to your assignment
Salary & Compensation
20,000 - 25,000 DOP/month
Language Skills Required
You do not need to be a teacher with extensive international experience to apply! Whether your major was art history, zoology, or anything in between; if you have a good attitude and solid work ethic, your academic background will serve you well in the classroom - this time from the teacher's side of the desk.
CIEE is looking for well-rounded applicants who are independent, adventurous, and who adapt well to new situations. Participants must be able to expect the unexpected and thrive in a changing environment! It's essential that participants are self-motivated, responsible and recognize that their first priority is to their school and their teaching assignment. 110% commitment to the program is essential.
* Bachelor's degree in any major
* Native English language fluency
* TEFL certificate or significant ESL teaching experience
* Upper-Intermediate Spanish language ability
* Flexible, positive attitude with a desire to teach and learn in an immersive program
* Preference for language teaching or education majors in secondary or tertiary level Education, Psychology, Latin American Studies, or Cultural Studies
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application