Dominican Republic: Rural Areas, Santo Domingo
American, Canadian, Australian, Kiwi, British and Irish Participants.
Cost in USD per week
The fee for the program covers:
iNext international insurance with 24-hour emergency assistance services
Two days of orientation
Transportation from orientation to your assignment
Salary & Compensation
20,000 - 25,000 DOP/month
Language Skills Required
You do not need to be a teacher with extensive international experience to apply! Whether your major was art history, zoology, or anything in between; if you have a good attitude and solid work ethic, your academic background will serve you well in the classroom - this time from the teacher's side of the desk.
CIEE is looking for well-rounded applicants who are independent, adventurous, and who adapt well to new situations. Participants must be able to expect the unexpected and thrive in a changing environment! It's essential that participants are self-motivated, responsible and recognize that their first priority is to their school and their teaching assignment. 110% commitment to the program is essential.
* Bachelor's degree in any major
* Native English language fluency
* TEFL certificate or significant ESL teaching experience
* Upper-Intermediate Spanish language ability
* Flexible, positive attitude with a desire to teach and learn in an immersive program
* Preference for language teaching or education majors in secondary or tertiary level Education, Psychology, Latin American Studies, or Cultural Studies
- Letters of Reference
- Written Application