CIEE Tropical Ecology + Conservation in Costa Rica
CIEE CIEE

CIEE Tropical Ecology + Conservation in Costa Rica

Absolutely amazing

I went through the program living in the present and enjoyed feeling consistently productive and adventurous almost everyday. I did more fun and exciting things this semester than I have ever done back home or even in my entire life, in some cases. I chose this program because I wanted to be out in the field and from what I read online, it seemed like it was well worth it. Well, it resulted in being a learning experience I could not have ever imagined. The things we got to do during the two two-week field trips were jam packed with activities while traveling around the country. You get to do things that can only be done with close connections, that the uniqueness of those experiences makes you greatly appreciate the program (a bit vague here, but trust me surprises are well worth it!). The bonds you make with your peers and professors/TAs were very strong and comforting. I am pleased with all the wildlife I got to see and waking up next to a cloud forest wasn't too shabby! The country is truly beautiful and Monteverde feels like a second home. I think the program does a good job in incorporating many cool experiences as it has had many years with the same program coordinator to build a study abroad program that is one of a kind.