CIEE Online TEFL Certification Courses

• Quality of the Course

• Practical Experience

• Pre-Enrollment Advice

• Course Instructor

Fantastic way to get certified

From theory to practice, CIEE are the experts--I had no problems and the teacher was great. After only two months with this course, I feel comfortable in front of a class! Never thought I would say that.

• Published Content

• Job Search Guidance

• Quality of the Course

• Practical Experience

• Pre-Enrollment Advice

• Course Instructor

Very comprehensive and useful course

This course was great – it combined language understanding, basic grammar, cultural awareness, classroom organization, lesson planning, etc. It was interesting to dive into theory but also combine it with a practical application and useful tips and tricks for the classroom. The live tutorials once a week have been extremely helpful – hearing from the other students in my group has brought up different points of view and the tutor was amazing and extremely helpful. This was definitely a downside for some other online courses I have done, not having live communication and feedback – and I really appreciated it in this CIEE course.

The material is organized nicely into modules, which allows you to go at your own pace. At the same time, there are hard deadlines that keep you on track each week. After each module CIEE provides a very extensive list of articles, videos, blogs and other useful resources – I found it very helpful to save all the links to my Favorites so I can have access to them for ideas during assignments. There are many EFL materials on the internet so it was great to be pointed to legitimate sources.
I did not use CIEE’s job placement services but a lot of the resources and exercises in the course are dedicated to creating your teacher resume, attending an interview, finding a practicum (which is a required part of the certification), etc. So even though I have postponed this particular job hunt, for now, I feel confident that I am well prepared for it, once I need to do it.

Overall, I am really happy I did this course, it was a lot of work but it was worth it. I feel confident that now I have the skills and the mindset to be a successful EFL teacher.