CIEE Intensive Chinese Language + Culture Program in Nanjing
CIEE CIEE

CIEE Intensive Chinese Language + Culture Program in Nanjing

Once in a lifetime experience

CIEE Nanjing was a one in a lifetime experience. I was really worried about coming to China, worried about the language barrier. It is a challenging program but it my Mandarin level definitely increased. The teachers are great and extremely helpful. Having a Chinese roommate and tutor helped assimilate to Chinese culture. I am really thankful for this program, I not only learned a new language but also made life-long friends.

Time of your life

Before I came Nanjing I was already having regrets about studying in China. But since the day I arrived in Nanjing in September to the day I left in December, I had a blast. I would most definitely say that one of the main things that made the program what it was, was the onsite staff. All the teachers are great and they had such good chemistry within themselves and with the students. One of the highlights was the weeklong trip we took, which again I was worried about but the staff made everything go smoothly. Most importantly my Mandarin improved a lot. I'm planning to study abroad in China for another semester and I am highly considering doing this program again.

A year of study and immersion in Nanjing

CIEE Nanjing was definitely the best study abroad experience in my life. Instead of going to the larger cities of Shanghai or Beijing, I decided on Nanjing because I wanted to have a more intimate atmosphere with smaller class sizes. I really got to know my teachers and fellow participants very well and kept in touch since then. I am so happy that I was able to study in the CIEE Nanjing Intensive Chinese Language program for one full academic year. If there is one program I recommend to anyone who wants to improve their Chinese as well as have friendships that will last forever and a great opportunity to travel around China, this is definitely the program for you.