International Trade and Logistics Internship-China
China Internship Placements participants China Internship Placements participants

International Trade and Logistics Internship-China

Internship in China is second to none

My 3 months internship with a family-owned business educated me on the creativity and flexible logistics services in the trade industry. The talented and affable staff showed lots of care and love during my stay with the company.
Becoming part of this logistics company greeted me with work on my first day (LOL). Assigned duties included learning and monitoring of Importer Security Filing, tracking and tracing of import/export cargo, and handling documentation management for high-profile customers including receiving original international documents, scanning, uploading and updating into our data system.
I can never wish for anything more than my amazing working internship in China.

Making Impact

As cited by David Ricardo (1817) a country will engage in international trade because another country has an advantage in producing something (goods and services) at a lower cost.
As an economics student, I have learned to understand the concept of trade among countries because other countries can produce something cheaper.
On the other hand, acquiring such goods does not end there. One needs an expert to advise on the management of goods which includes stock control, warehousing, transport and distribution.
Coming to China enriched my academic knowledge by ensuring that purchased goods need to be coordinated to the need user. It is not only exchange (getting the goods) at a cheap price but importantly coordinating to ensure goods get to customers on time.
All I can say is thank you CIP for giving me such opportunity.