Hotel Internship in China
China Internship Placements participants China Internship Placements participants

Hotel Internship in China

Real internship, real difference

It never occurred to me that one day, I would be an Alumnus of China Internship Program. Young students always think within rather than thinking outside the box. That was what happened to me. My internship in China was as a result of thinking outside the best.
Hospitality is a broad field and I have been passionate about it. Everything in the industry is about services – making people happy and feel at home.
My day-to-day operations with my (intern) company included creating/enhancing inter-personal relationship among staff and clients, ensuring that the facilities are properly maintained, taking steps to ensure customer satisfaction and assisting with administrative work at the HR office.
I had a wonderful working atmosphere in China and would recommend family and friends to the program.

Making it to the top

At the very beginning, I was concerned about going to Beijing rather than Shanghai, but family and friends guided me in making the right decision - Shanghai (China) for my Hotel Management Internship.
Shanghai, known as China’s most beautiful province (city) and # 1 financial Hub in the country made my stay home away from home.
As an intern attached to the communication department at the 5-star hotel - helped manage the in-house communication, guest communication and also the emergency center. I enjoyed every bit of the work and importantly, worked among lovely staffs until my departure back home.

Ask me how I’m doing after the internship

My intern abroad with a 7-star hotel in Shanghai was the most incredible and memorable experience I have ever had. The hotel was so amazing and it’s worth the cost.
Also, it was not just working but rather caring for our clients and the entire staff. It was a family affair and that defines the hospitality industry.
I was very active in my daily operations and engaged myself in all aspect of operations. I was seen everywhere and everyone knew me.
Been part of the HR team at the hotel gave me the opportunity to respond to guest complaints, ensure friendly environment and timely dissemination of information across dept., listening and sharing ideas and many other creative activities.
I very much enjoyed company events (parties) and training section. Am very happy to be part o this program and looking forward to same opportunity back home.

customer satisfaction

Hospitality, they say, is the key to customer satisfaction. One of the most defining moments in my life is my desire to pursue a hotel management internship in China. Regardless of the geographical distance, I was very poised on embarking such memorable career development journey. The internship placement, I must say was impressive with lots of overseas experiences.
As Guest Relations Personnel, I was trained to make our clients feel welcome and ensure their comfortable and enjoyable stay at our hotel. In addition, I felt in love with the meticulous nature of the job and importantly, establish a friendly relationship with ALL.
Pursuing such an internship broadened my horizon by making me realize that the industry heavily relies entirely on customers “being happy” even when they were at fault.
I’m very blessed to have the chance to work and live in such a captivating city like Shanghai, China and will always recommend this program to friends and family looking forward to developing their career professionally.